89 cr250 water pump help

Related:
Create New Tag

10/26/2018 5:48 PM

Been putting together a completely destroyed 89 and need help with a couple of pieces. The spring loaded cam on the water pump being the main issue. Can't figure out how it fits on the piece that runs through the port on the crankcase. Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

10/26/2018 5:48 PM

|

10/26/2018 7:03 PM

I'm at the same stage of my 89 rebuild...do you have the manual? If not there is a PDFs manual avalible on vintage cr Facebook page. As I have been told, donot worry too much about engaging the governor rods until the cylinder is being installed. I will be doing mine within a few weeks also...

|

10/26/2018 7:19 PM

Yeah and I have a clymers (or something like that) manual. I've looked at the blown up diagrams they have at motosport.com and I can't find a single thing on it. Wierd

|

10/26/2018 7:31 PM

The cams have to be set at a specific location & then the lower cam in the waterpump cover gets turned clockwise to engage the cam that goes through base of cylinder. I have done this as per manual several times but without the cylinder on the bike, the engagement is iffy at best until the cylinder is set on the cases, maybe needs some preload on the cams from the cylinder valves to preload the lower cams... I have read the factory Honda service manual several times, it is a bit confusing ...There Are a few members on here who have it down, they will chime in I"m sure, I have been told to not worry about it until you have the cylinder on the cases. I will find out next week as my cylinder is on the way back to me from being replated.

|