87/88 CR 125 Shock Revalve?

mark_swart
I'm building an 87 CR 125, looks like the shock was really a weak link. I have to rebuild it anyway, has anyone had any luck with revalving and is it worthwhile? I found the following recommendations from Gorr online - seems pretty straighforward if I'm already taking the shock apart to replace the seal, has anyone tried it?

"The rear shock can be modified for
better handling on the 1985 to 1988
models. These types of shocks use
straight shims. The rebound valve stack
has two transition shims, one in the
middle and one closer to the piston.
Put both transition shims between the
number 26 and 27 "
|
9/13/2020 10:15pm
87 cr125 was my 1st bike. I broke the shock, nitrogen res. Is under the seat. Ripping whoops I cracked it. I put a WP shock on very plush, blew the shock seal a few times tho. Stock shock valving is ok, rebound is a little too quick.
450exc115
9/14/2020 3:28am
Pretty straight forward to rebuild a shock once you do a few. Hardest part is finding a shop who will recharge it with nitrogen as most don't want to touch it if someone else has rebuilt it.

Replace the seal head, bladder and bottoming bumper while you're in it. Inspect the shaft for pitting and the body for wear on the inside.

The ohlins and WP shocks were better units back in the day and some turn up on ebay or vintage sites now and then.

Good luck!

Post a reply to: 87/88 CR 125 Shock Revalve?

The Latest