79 Mugen ME250 swingarm

Mike P.
This beauty is currently on eBay and while I would love to have it, I need some validation. There was a trend back in 2014 about Mugen swingarms on Vital so I need someone to weigh in here because the look of this arm is a little different. Any swingarm for these bikes is way cool, but if it is really a true Mugen arm...we'll 2K would seem like a bargin. There was recently a 34mm Kehin carb the seller claimed to be a Mugen, but there were a lot of doubts (at least in my mind as to the authenticity), but I am no expert on Mugen arms and while I have looked at many photos, I need someone with some Mugen expertise to weigh in on this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUGEN-aluminum-swing-arm-1979-ME250-CR250-Redro…

Mugen parts are so rare and there are people making these parts and while I know this seller, I want hear from others because the reality is that at some point you have to sell these parts and as time goes by what you can prove really does matter.

|
10/12/2017 4:22am
It's Legit. If Holly says it's the real deal, then it is. He does make his own replica parts (and they are PERFECT) but he always sells them as replicas. He is 100% straight and honest. He has gone out of his way to help me over the years, even sourcing car parts for me! A true gentleman of the VMX world.

The front chain wrap bosses and the shape of the pivot bearing housings are also a give away that it's real. I've never seen a replica that has those features.
The replicas you can get are HEAVY, REALLY HEAVY. The "legs" are made from solid section, (Yes, really!) not box section as this one very obviously is.

Stevie
newmann
10/12/2017 5:57am
Looks like no longer available, did you get it? Shows $900.00 starting bid.

Being an original, having an arm that bolts up and fits without having to be sent back multiple times and still not fit properly will be a welcome bonus!
Mike P.
10/12/2017 11:28am
Damn, he pulled it...must have got an offer he couldn't refuse...and I agree he is a standup guy, but I just could not find another Mugen arm that looked like this one so I had to confer with Vital!
Robgvx
10/12/2017 11:18pm
Why on earth would a seller end an auction early on a rare item like that?

The Shop

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
10/13/2017 10:56am
Big $$ or someone offered some other unobtanium bit in trade or partial trade. Holly has a lot of exotic stuff through is shop.

Post a reply to: 79 Mugen ME250 swingarm

The Latest