77 Suzuki RM125B Moto-X-Fox Pat Richer replica

Related:
Create New Tag

8/1/2018 4:29 PM

I had plans to build one of these and just never really got the project off the ground and now I'm selling my 77 on ebay, however my buddy Rich out in OH got it done and here are some pics of the bike. I think this is the 2nd or 3rd one of these replicas I have seen and they are super rare and way trick. Great job Rich!

Photo
Photo

|

8/2/2018 7:22 AM

Looks like another of my handmade in my garage head kits made in on another bike!

|

8/2/2018 11:28 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
a few more pics of that head kit
|

8/2/2018 11:41 AM

Rob, do you make these watercooled cylinder head kits?

|

8/3/2018 4:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2018 9:25 AM

I have made 8 head kits for the 125
and one for a RM250

|

8/3/2018 2:15 PM

Rob, if my bike does not sell on ebay and you have time to make another I would be VERY interested. Thanks, Mike

|

8/4/2018 2:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2018 2:48 PM

What a super trick and rare bike, also nice story what with Rob making the heads!

Reminds me of some aftermarket watercooled heads we had here, think maybe available about 1979 or 80 they appeared- think the company was called 'Stilmoto', looked quite similar to these heads. Don't think many people bought them though as they were quite expensive. If you did though, think you could run a higher compression ratio, as the thing cooled alot better. Very trick for the time- / I guess! Watercooled way before it appeared really, ahead of its time!
That pipe also looks the business- beautiful.

Edit- got me thinking- also remember a couple of guys that ran similar heads in GP's, before watercooling became the standard- poss Marc Velkeneers I think had a head like this on his YZ125- in the GP's on a very special Yam at the time.

|

Always was an excellent rider ...... at crashing usually

Moto Aspes, you know you want one

8/4/2018 3:04 PM

No, I am currently working on other projects at this time.
I have sold off almost all of my 76-82 RM bikes, parts
No more head kits planned for the future.

|

8/4/2018 11:32 PM

Okay, no worries and thanks Rob, I know what you mean as I too am working on other projects so I understand. Thanks, Mike

|

8/17/2018 4:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/17/2018 4:44 PM

Yeah i have seen the Stilmotor kits.They are made in Italy and look a bit like Shinobis.
You can still buy the radiators new from Mefo Sport. Stilmotor were more commonly known for making plastic fenders.

|

8/17/2018 4:45 PM

Photo
|

8/18/2018 8:02 AM

Photo

I got this one from the Moto Armory this year.

Love that head kit. Very slick.
|

8/18/2018 10:44 AM

LWC307 wrote:

Yeah i have seen the Stilmotor kits.They are made in Italy and look a bit like Shinobis.
You can still buy the radiators new ...more

Yep those were the ones, Stilmotor had quite a big presence here back then, and yes think they made alot of plastics and more. Also they made riding gear seem to remember.

|

Always was an excellent rider ...... at crashing usually

Moto Aspes, you know you want one

8/18/2018 2:51 PM

The company still exists but they only do protection gear now for law enforcement? i believe but i am hoping they may get back into MX plastics again.

|