43MM Lower Fork Leg Protectors?

uncle
Edited Date/Time 2/24/2013 6:21am
Well I've looked everywhere...I keep thinking I'm crazy because I can only find those '70's era foam protectors. I want the dark grey plastic protectors that DO NOT cover the drum, but just tape onto the lower fork legs... Any guidance would be great!

THANKS
|
2/19/2013 6:54pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2013 2:43pm
I make my own from plastic, 5 gallon buckets work great for source material
Find a bucket in the color you want and fab away
plastic storage container's, garbage cans, the plastic cutting boards> the thick ones from IKEA($5.00)
make excellent chain guide material also
A heat gun will help form the plastic to the leg
Wandell
2/19/2013 7:25pm
A friend and I once made some from PVC pipe and painted it. If you use PVC conduit pipe, it's already gray.
ledger
2/20/2013 11:11am
uncle wrote:
Well I've looked everywhere...I keep thinking I'm crazy because I can only find those '70's era foam protectors. I want the dark grey plastic protectors that...
Well I've looked everywhere...I keep thinking I'm crazy because I can only find those '70's era foam protectors. I want the dark grey plastic protectors that DO NOT cover the drum, but just tape onto the lower fork legs... Any guidance would be great!

THANKS
Thank you for addressing this isue.I have searched endlessly with no result's.Thumb's up to Rob.B and Wandell for their suggestion's.
uncle
2/24/2013 6:21am
THANKS guys. I bought the grey PVC pipe and will give that a try. I think Rob Boucher might have the best idea because the PVC is pretty thick compared to a bucket. I have the forks off the bike so I'll most likely tackle this job soon!

Thanks again for the help guys

Post a reply to: 43MM Lower Fork Leg Protectors?

The Latest