1995 YZ250 Find -

mxnick
Edited Date/Time 12/24/2018 9:17am
Found this somewhat tired looking, but very well built 1995 YZ250 for sale on the side of the road down in Riverside.

Looks like back in 1995 someone threw the full YZR catalog at it, along with the blue painted frame (stock purple still visible under the blue).

It has the Long Rod motor, and am wondering if anyone knows about the YZR porting? Comes with Applied clamp and Pro taper, Long Rod Kid, Ti Subframe and various other bits....pipe is FMF but it is newer.

Found in the IE in California, was said to be an ex Mike Metzger bike, but who knows. Thats what the seller told me, but he wasnt sure and he was like the 5th owner of it. If it was a Metzger bike, I was under the impression he rode for NCY and didnt have the OEM YZR graphics kit, but I could also be wrong.

Motor and frame numbers match, so they are original. Had a Yamaha dealer friend run the VIN and it came back as "not a valid VIN", which is strange, even the older bikes can pull first owner info in the Yamaha system.

If anyone knows anything or has any further info on this bike, let me know. It was very well built for the time, and deserves to be restored!

|
CHaynes
12/23/2018 6:53am
I’m not sure the origin, but that’s a great score/save! All the stuff obviously is top of the line for the time period. Wonder if it could be an old magazine test bike? I couldn’t imagine to many weekend warrior types building something like that so I’m sure there’s a great back story to it. Maybe it’s an old Metzger bike via Emig (just using my imagination on that guess)? There may be some identification marks once the bike is disassembled and inspected further. Either way, please keep us posted, inquiring minds want to know! And if you decide to sell it, please let me know!
Kidkawie
12/24/2018 4:23am
Cool bike! I ran those pegs once at Budds Creek then threw them in the trash. Mud does not pass through.
sandman768
12/24/2018 5:04am
Kidkawie wrote:
Cool bike! I ran those pegs once at Budds Creek then threw them in the trash. Mud does not pass through.
Pro circuit pegs...I"ll take them! We donot get to find bikes like that on the east coast...

The Shop

Yz229
12/25/2018 4:15pm
I saw that on CL a while back, emailed and no response. Nice bike

Post a reply to: 1995 YZ250 Find -

The Latest