1992 CR

Edited Date/Time 2/24/2015 11:11am
looking for used or NOS plastics for my project if you have anything let me know , this is my second bike resto job parts are hard to find , some of you guys do fantastic work on here and all i want is advice and ill post pics along the way , really intrested in the pink plastics thanks guys
|
barkhard696
9/15/2014 7:00am
UFO makes really good replacement plastic. Unfortunately the UFO stuff I know of is really for the 250. I'm not sure if -- or what-- is available for the 125, since it was a carry-over design that year.

The 411 on Honda's pink plastic is, in '92 (at least for the 250), Honda made the plastic too thin as part of an all-out effort to save weight. Every year afterwards, Honda made their plastic just a little bit thicker to mitigate cracking problems. So most OEM now that you can buy is more "red" and less "pink."

Yes, "Nuclear Red" was Honda's term for the pink plastic. The problem may be that if buying OEM, you'll be getting the later, thicker plastic. The OEM Nuclear Red front fender for my '93 is like this.

New Old Stock (NOS) '92 plastic for the 125 has shown up on vintagebikeads.com. Since this is stuff sold by northern European collectors, if you're dead-set on NOS plastic, expect to pay a good sized premium.

As I mentioned, UFO has done a good job of making fairly pink plastic for the 250, check with them for 125... I'd buy a fender and see what you think.

The Shop

9/17/2014 9:55am
MadMatt579 wrote:
here you go...... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CR125-1992-Radiator-Shroud-SET-NOS-OEM-19071-KZ4-860ZA-19072-KZ4-860ZA-/331300878718?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d2312397e&vxp=mtr [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/09/17/65415/s1200_57.jpg[/img]
That's what im looking for , I actually have a set supposed to be shipped to me soon there not brand new but they are very similar , I got on vintage bike ads and there is a guy that has a set as well could very well be these but man that is very high Im trying to save up to buy a media cabinet . thanks for looking out man i appreciate it I emailed Evo mx and still have not gotten any reply back from them since i bought new stuff for my KX
barkhard696
9/17/2014 10:28am
Yeah, vintagebikeads.com has a lot of cool stuff but its Euro collectors who live in the sell high world. $245 for a set of NOS shrouds (the eBay ad) is actually less than what I'd expect to see on some other places. You can either have "perfect" (ie., pricey), or you can have "good enough". None of these bike will ever be a good investment, so hood enough makes a lot of sense.
2/24/2015 10:55am
Thanks to brad460 for the shrouds and number plate I'm almost done with this one
2/24/2015 11:11am
thats all the photos i have have not been good at documenting it , the motor has all new parts , crank , seals , waterpump,clutch , clutch basket, i redid the bills pipe, i got this bike in florida when i lived there the past summer , the guy had spray bombed it with red paint . the bills pipe was painted with silver paint and had probably 5 coats of it on there to i hand sanded for hours , my fingers even locked up ha ha and i had to quit for a wile , i dont have a sand blaster or a powder coater , this bike was for my wife and her little brother , I've been on the look out for a yz around the same year or a 96 cr 250 if anyone that reads this knows of one for sale, dont have to be running id prefer a pile of crap cause i like hunting parts down

Post a reply to: 1992 CR

The Latest