1991 Yamaha yz125 Ready for the pre95 races!

Related:
Create New Tag

12/15/2017 1:05 PM

Gonna have so much fun!! Finnished my Yz,damn she runs so good! Pc pipe and silencer,boyesen rad valve,New 1990 tuned cilinder an pv,cil.head mods.
38carb.Let the CR125's come!!

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

12/15/2017 1:56 PM

What's a cr125.??? Sweet ride

|

12/16/2017 3:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2017 3:55 AM

Just Amazing.
Is this the #39 bike?

There are not many of these running around anymore.
Thought I would stick my nose in your thread, hope I'm not out of line.
POST ALL YOUR PINKS!

Mine (92) was far from your 1994 4hr museum piece you found.
Rusted bucket of bolts for $200. Racer resto by a broke working mechanic not a Dr.
Please don't laugh at my home-made numbers, they worked for this year. Hate the bad fitting pipe too.
1st effort- the bike & trying to learn how to ride after a 25 year layoff from mx..

Again, Harm, your bikes are the ones that appear in peoples dreams....wow smile

Your bike is so nice I'm embarrassed to post this. But we are rare i believe and should be friends..

Photo

|

12/16/2017 4:41 AM

I love your yz125s! Had a 92 back in the day and I would love to restore one but I have too many bikes already smile

Found these if someone needs:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263342991324

|

12/16/2017 8:05 AM

cvm wrote:

Just Amazing.
Is this the #39 bike?

POST ALL YOUR PINKS!

Rusted bucket of bolts for $200. Racer resto by a broke working mechanic not a Dr.
Please don't laugh at my home-made numbers, they worked for this year. Hate the bad fitting pipe too.
1st effort- the bike & trying to learn how to ride after a 25 year layoff from mx..

Your bike is so nice I'm embarrassed to post this. But we are rare i believe and should be friends..

Photo

Thanks!!Embarrassed..?Why? U are racing with it and your bike looks stunning!!What performance mods have u done with the bike? I still have a 92 in parts...Gonna build it soon

|

12/16/2017 8:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2017 8:16 AM

cvm wrote:

Just Amazing.
Is this the #39 bike?

POST ALL YOUR PINKS!

Photo

You are Right about the 94...I sold it a month ago and its in a collector museum in france now!!! I still have the 93 Chesterfield and my new bought in 91,91yz. Now i'm restoring a 1992 yz125 and buying a 1991 yz250 restored onePhoto

Photo

|

12/16/2017 11:59 AM

Harm_Van de Bunte wrote:

Thanks!!Embarrassed..?Why? U are racing with it and your bike looks stunning!!What performance mods have u done with the bike? I still have a 92 in parts...Gonna build it soon

Harm, "stunning" coming from you made my day. Thanks.

It also has a ported 90 cylinder, 90 head, power valve match, the gaudy fmf pipe, boyseen reeds, and looks of someone cleaning up the cases. OEM pistons. Last top-end was 180 psi.
Have a 13 countershaft on it for now. It's fast enough to pull my slow ass around.
Bought 96 forks/triple tree off of ebay, and was sold 2004 forks. was $$ mistake for me to figure out they are 04. Had to get new wheel, caliper, rotor & upper tree- they hogged out the 96 upper tree to fit the 43?mm 2004 forks. Snapped a clutch hub testing out forks @ home & havnt made it to track to test forks.
Powervalves are hard / impossible to find over here. If you have any spares/leads, i have paypal smile

The wife got me these JT items ( my favorite from back in the day) for Christmas this year. I havnt seen them yet since delivery. Helmet -L, my size. Been lookin for this helmet for 16 + months.
So i'm either gonna look great, or people will throw up at the sight of me next year.
Saving the pants (my size 34! also) /jersey for Unadilla / special races.
JT had a white/black/pink in 2016 that works well. Got 4 jerseys on closeout @ $15 each smile

Nobody else bid on the JT set, so probably few of us that would want this.
Don't tell the seller my max bid was over 3x what i got it for....

Again, Thanks for the kind words. Cheers

Photo

|

12/16/2017 1:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2017 1:26 PM

cvm wrote:

Just Amazing.
Is this the #39 bike?

POST ALL YOUR PINKS!

Photo

Harm_Van de Bunte wrote:

cvm wrote:

It also has a ported 90 cylinder, 90 head, power valve match, the gaudy fmf pipe, boyseen reeds, and looks of someone cleaning up the cases. OEM pistons. Last top-end was 180 psi.
Have a 13 countershaft on it for now. It's fast enough to pull my slow ass around.
Bought 96 forks/triple tree off of ebay, and was sold 2004 forks. was $$ mistake for me to figure out they are 04. Had to get new wheel, caliper, rotor & upper tree- they hogged out the 96 upper tree to fit the 43?mm 2004 forks. Snapped a clutch hub testing out forks @ home & havnt made it to track to test forks.
Powervalves are hard / impossible to find over here. If you have any spares/leads, i have paypal smile

The wife got me these JT items ( my favorite from back in the day) for Christmas this year. I havnt seen them yet since delivery. Helmet -L, my size. Been lookin for this helmet for 16 + months.
So i'm either gonna look great, or people will throw up at the sight of me next year.
JT had a white/black/pink in 2016 that works well. Got 4 jerseys on closeout @ $15 each smile

Photo

Wow!! Looking good and Ready to race!! You did the right mods for your Yz,i'll bet she's a screamer.The 91/92 models have always made my hart beating faster,it was my first new bike racing nationals in Holland Back in the day. Love to see More of your bike??Photo

(ps:try the rad valve)

|

12/16/2017 1:51 PM

Banana_oil wrote:

I love your yz125s! Had a 92 back in the day and I would love to restore one but I have too many bikes already smile

Sell some and get a yz✌?

|

12/16/2017 9:16 PM

Well I think I'm in heaven! I'm a pink yz fan !! I have a mint 92 yz125 , a real low hr 91 yz250 engine ( in nz we seem to get a few jap import bikes and the 91 engine is one plus I got a 92 yz125 bike that is low hrs too)
91 and 92 250 frames to make a good bike for the 91 engine , a heap of 91 yz125s so to make a good bike from, a 92 wr500 ( as you do?!) plus a heap of nos parts ( plastics 2x 91 125 cylinders , power valves and holders for most and bits and pieces)
Are you running the 92 forks on the 91 125? I find most forks for the 91s have rotting of the upper forks.
It's cool to see others with the same passion ( I had a 91 125 back when I was young, my first real mx bike)

|

12/16/2017 9:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/16/2017 9:49 PM

Damon Bradshaw would give it a thumbs up.

These pink YZs and the ugly ass RMs with the animal print were awesome.

|

12/17/2017 1:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2017 2:29 AM

Nzpatch wrote:

Well I think I'm in heaven! I'm a pink yz fan !! I have a mint 92 yz125 , a real low hr 91 yz250 engine ( in nz we seem to get a few jap import bikes and the 91 engine is one plus I got a 92 yz125 bike that is low hrs too)
91 and 92 250 frames to make a good bike for the 91 engine , a heap of 91 yz125s so to make a good bike from, a 92 wr500 ( as you do?!) plus a heap of nos parts ( plastics 2x 91 125 cylinders , power valves and holders for most and bits and pieces)
Are you running the 92 forks on the 91 125? I find most forks for the 91s have rotting of the upper forks.
It's cool to see others with the same passion ( I had a 91 125 back when I was young, my first real mx bike)

Yes,the forks are from a 92!Good notice??Please feel free to post some pictures of your yz's here,love to see them!

|

12/17/2017 3:04 AM

Nzpatch wrote:

I'm with harm.
Let's see some pics please

|

12/17/2017 3:16 AM

Nzpatch wrote:

POWERVALVES????????????????????

I got more ice cold beer sitting here for you than you could consume in TWO lifetimes...

Please sir, do tell....

|

12/17/2017 9:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2017 9:14 AM

Harm_Van de Bunte wrote:

Sell some and get a yz✌?

If a low hour 92 either 125 or 250 at a decent price show up I will have a hard time to resist smile
I already have three and a half YZ125 97 so I'm not YZ-less.

I'm actually restoring a 92 YZ80 for a friend, looking for complete top end and exhaust.
Photo

Pic of my 92 in 95 and a showroom pic from 92.

Photo

Photo

|

12/17/2017 9:29 AM

Banana_oil wrote:

Harm_Van de Bunte wrote:

Sell some and get a yz✌?

Banana_oil wrote:

If a low hour 92 either 125 or 250 at a decent price show up I will have a hard time to resist smile

I'm actually restoring a 92 YZ80 for a friend, looking for complete top end and exhaust.
Photo

Photo

Photo

Wow that 80 also looks Nice!!! I also have a 96 yz125 that i restored. I liked the navy Blue models!Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

12/17/2017 10:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/17/2017 10:26 AM

Wow, very nice 96, agree on the navy blue smile The engine is awesome, chassis good also.

My first 97 is a pretty low hour bike that has been standing in a basement since 99. The second one is a genuine Team Magic Bike rode by Bob Moore and Erik Camerlengo, under restoration. Look for my build thread!

The first 97 with some upgrades. Alu tank, Öhlins suspension, SRS head, ported cyl and Mg engine covers.
Photo

Photo

|

12/17/2017 11:37 AM

Banana_oil wrote:

Wow, very nice 96, agree on the navy blue smile The engine is awesome, chassis good also.

My first 97 is a pretty low hour bike that has been standing in a basement since 99. The second one is a genuine Team Magic Bike rode by Bob Moore and Erik Camerlengo, under restoration. Look for my build thread!

The first 97 with some upgrades. Alu tank, Öhlins suspension, SRS head, ported cyl and Mg engine covers.
Photo

Photo

Amazing bikes?!! Saw your build thread,awesome find!!

|

12/18/2017 12:26 AM

Here's a wee peakPhoto

1991,92,93 yz125 power valves.Photo

2 cylinders (nos) for a 91 yz125
Photo

My 92 125 and wr500 ( yes the shed is a bit of a mess!)
The right side graphics are not quite right but I have a heap of nos plastics and a set of graphics that are right
The rest of the bike plastics are as I found it , it had the engine removed ( maybe for a gocart?) very early in its life as the frame and rear sprocket had very little wear, engine and forks from a jap import bike , also very little use
Goes very good , I've gone thru the engine , new rod and brearings ,piston ,gearbox brearings ,seals etc.
Needs the suspension done next.

|

12/18/2017 7:03 AM

How hard is the navy plastic to get now days?

|

12/18/2017 9:09 AM

Nzpatch wrote:

Here's a wee peakPhoto

1991,92,93 yz125 power valves.Photo

2 cylinders (nos) for a 91 yz125
Photo

My 92 125 and wr500 ( yes the shed is a bit of a mess!)
The right side graphics are not quite right but I have a heap of nos plastics and a set of graphics that are right
The rest of the bike plastics are as I found it , it had the engine removed ( maybe for a gocart?) very early in its life as the frame and rear sprocket had very little wear, engine and forks from a jap import bike , also very little use
Goes very good , I've gone thru the engine , new rod and brearings ,piston ,gearbox brearings ,seals etc.
Needs the suspension done next.

Pfffff wat great stuff u have. The 92 looks So good!

|

12/18/2017 9:10 AM

lcgordon711 wrote:

How hard is the navy plastic to get now days?

Its not easy but on ebay there is something to find..Clarke had navy fuel tanks also

|

12/18/2017 6:33 PM

Banana_oil wrote:

Harm_Van de Bunte wrote:

Sell some and get a yz✌?

Banana_oil wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

If you have any questions on the YZ message me. I just finished a 87....same as 92.

Photo

|

12/28/2017 3:50 AM

Photo

|

12/29/2017 3:43 AM

oldandslow1 wrote: Photo

WoW very smooth! Where did u find a white fuel tank?

|

12/30/2017 6:49 AM

oldandslow1 wrote: Photo

Harm_Van de Bunte wrote:

WoW very smooth! Where did u find a white fuel tank?

clarke

|

5/9/2019 9:56 PM

Harm_Van de Bunte wrote:

Gonna have so much fun!! Finnished my Yz,damn she runs so good! Pc pipe and silencer,boyesen rad valve,New 1990 tuned cilinder an pv,cil.head mods.
38carb.Let the CR125's come!!

Photo

Photo

Photo

What type of 38mm carb are you using and did it fit up ok?

|

5/20/2019 7:14 AM

cvm wrote:

Just Amazing.
Is this the #39 bike?

POST ALL YOUR PINKS!

Photo

Harm_Van de Bunte wrote:

cvm wrote:

Photo

Have you had any problems with the clutch not disengaging? I'm working on a 90 yz125 and replaced the plates springs, cant get it to stop dragging. This bike has 20 original hours on it, so it's not worn out. Any help would be appreciated. Photo

|

5/20/2019 9:25 PM

Yes, known problem! Change to the 91-92 outer clutch cover. They are stiffer, the 90 is in magnesium and flex when clutch is actuated.

|