Related:
Create New Tag
Dekon Dekon
3/21/2018 4:49 AM

I purchased a set of 1991 YZ125 to replace my '89 forks. The forks have one of the axle holder studs snapped off about 1/2" out of the leg. Looks like the PO over tightened and snapped it at the axle holder. I'm thinking I'm going to need some heat to get it out. If I can find some thinner nuts I am hoping I can put them on and back it out. Yamaha does not list a part number for the stud. Can I get a replacement? Or, does anyone know the specs for the stud and I'll see if I can find a replacement.

Thanks

cvm cvm
3/21/2018 8:40 AM

w/out going to garage to look, is it the one w/ the 10mm nuts? if so the thread is 6x1.0 mm ill be out there after i shovel all this white sh!t outta the way. i wanted to upgrade my 92 forx & bought what ebay seller thought was 97 forks for my 92; turns out their 04 (better upgrade, but learned the hard way) which was not a simple bolt in sad.. multiple wasted purchases. So ive got 96-04 tree, caliper, cable, axle if u don't like ur 92's.
if its the 12mm nut, should be 8x1.5 or 8x 1.25 w/o measuring. Should be same pitch ( if 8mm stud) as the 12mm headed bolts on the triple tree.

FYI, later forks have an actual last 2 digit "year" stamp on them, not the typical 3 digit 4DB/4EX/3DB etc codes usually found. Triple tree assy has 3 digit id code though.

chuckie108 chuckie108
3/21/2018 10:31 AM
Dekon wrote:

I purchased a set of 1991 ...more

Gonna need heat for sure. The Honda XR650L still has this type of axle cap axle mount, you can buy the replacement studs and hardware through your local Honda dealer. Just look the part up on partzilla. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Rocky739 Rocky739
3/22/2018 8:17 PM

Honda has the part, BOLT, STUD (6X25) 92900-06025-0E. My local ACE hardware also has a decent option...
If you have access to a MIG welder you can position a scrap nut over the remaining portion and weld them together, the heat from the welding will loosen the stud and you will have a nut to turn. Propane torch and a fresh pair of vice grips should work also.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry