1991 KTM 125

vosser130
3/29/2018 8:35am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2018 9:54am
My dad found this bike in running order nearly identical to the bike he had in 1991. It is almost entirely original with the exception of a few minor parts. Does anyone know of a good source to track down original parts?

|
wpark89
3/29/2018 10:36pm
Looks to be in really good shape...lots of stuff is still available from KTM. Andre Hovarth is the worldwide go to for older KTM parts. Nothing is hard here....UFO makes plastic, Vertex or PRO X pistons and gaskets are all over eBay. Ask me if you have any specific questions.

chuckie108
3/29/2018 11:25pm
wpark89 wrote:
Looks to be in really good shape...lots of stuff is still available from KTM. Andre Hovarth is the worldwide go to for older KTM parts. Nothing...
Looks to be in really good shape...lots of stuff is still available from KTM. Andre Hovarth is the worldwide go to for older KTM parts. Nothing is hard here....UFO makes plastic, Vertex or PRO X pistons and gaskets are all over eBay. Ask me if you have any specific questions.

Such a great looking bike. Gonna build one one day!!
vosser130
3/30/2018 6:13am
wpark89 wrote:
Looks to be in really good shape...lots of stuff is still available from KTM. Andre Hovarth is the worldwide go to for older KTM parts. Nothing...

Thanks for the help, I'm excited to get working on it this weekend. That is a fine looking machine you have there.
wpark89
3/30/2018 6:34am
Good luck...they're cool bikes. I have a parts manual for the 91 I can email you. Then you can get numbers and check for KTM parts. I also have the full engine service manual. A guy did a rebuild on a 91 and posted a really useful thread on a Saab forum..

http://saabrally.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2502

The Shop

mxrose3
Fantasy
853rd
3/30/2018 9:54am
My brother bought one of these brand new in 91'. Fast bike, but the front forks were awful IMO.
KHI Guy
3/30/2018 2:53pm
I had one of these back in the day....power was wide and smooth, but not exactly a word beater like the GP bikes. There wasn't much in the way of after market support for KTM back then like there is today, so you were relegated to buying extremely expensive OEM parts. I think a replacement clutch cost like $200 when an aftermarket clutch kit for my Yamaha was more like $80. The mint green color scheme wasn't received well by most people, but I thought it was a beautiful bike. I never understood what the whole "check the box" shroud graphics were supposed to be. Huh
Rocky739
3/31/2018 7:07pm
KHI Guy wrote:
I had one of these back in the day....power was wide and smooth, but not exactly a word beater like the GP bikes. There wasn't much...
I had one of these back in the day....power was wide and smooth, but not exactly a word beater like the GP bikes. There wasn't much in the way of after market support for KTM back then like there is today, so you were relegated to buying extremely expensive OEM parts. I think a replacement clutch cost like $200 when an aftermarket clutch kit for my Yamaha was more like $80. The mint green color scheme wasn't received well by most people, but I thought it was a beautiful bike. I never understood what the whole "check the box" shroud graphics were supposed to be. Huh
Ahhh.... The Special K year! Yea we were a dealer and were kinda taken back by the mint green. Guess in the rearveiw mirror of time they look better than most of the other class of 91

Post a reply to: 1991 KTM 125

The Latest