1990 KTM125 chesterfield

3/2/2019 1:12am
I think I'm gonna go with the bead blast and powder coat option instead. Who paints shit black and don't care what they paint. I'm scraping off sanding down and got new parts on the way.all new seals bushings grease certs brake pads you name it it's coming
3/2/2019 1:15am
I'm talking to myself yeah but take notes boys. Let me show you about why it's important to take your time and be a turtle with the restore because when I'm done this thing is gonna start one or two kicks and its gonna all be new. Can I get a amen

The Shop

TTperra
3/2/2019 3:47am
It is good to have self-confidence when doing a restortion.Cool
But there are a number of people here who do 1st class showroom restortions..
Its going to be a interesting process
3/2/2019 5:05am
TTperra wrote:
It is good to have self-confidence when doing a restortion.B) But there are a number of people here who do 1st class showroom restortions.. Its going...
Especially because I don't know anything about motorcycles except how to drive them and well I know some basic mechanical stuff should be interesting
3/5/2019 10:19pm
TTperra wrote:
It is good to have self-confidence when doing a restortion.B) But there are a number of people here who do 1st class showroom restortions.. Its going...
Man this is alot of sanding. And over greased that's like cement now but it's looking good
motogeeze
3/6/2019 10:07am
Having the frame dipped or blasted is a better alternative to hand sanding from my experience. A lot less labor intensive and a better result .
3/12/2019 10:32pm
motogeeze wrote:
Having the frame dipped or blasted is a better alternative to hand sanding from my experience. A lot less labor intensive and a better result .
I already had sanded it down before i realized that but wow what a difference in how it looks too. I can actually put the bolts on without any spray can paint chipping off and messing it all up. Went ahead and sand blasted and powdercoated for only 100 through a buddys local shop. Heres how it looks. Still have alot to do but its very fun and i love taking my time on this project.

3/12/2019 10:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2019 10:37pm
You guys were right, I need the manual. I know were my parts go, just not sure which way and what side each one goes on. Still have alot of new parts to put on but i want to get it back together so i can get it running. After that i want to take it all back apart. Thats when ill change out the parts that it needs. I want to keep most parts original and how i got it if i can.
3/12/2019 10:38pm
I still have some parts to rebuild too like my break system and thats going to be fun. Maybe this weekend start on it. Will see
Dekon
3/14/2019 8:25am
Looking good!
7/15/2019 11:01pm Edited Date/Time 11/30/2019 1:32am
Took off the vin great idea brother
7/15/2019 11:06pm
I just paid the NMVTIS website to lookup the vin and if it was sold here, it would of said it was.
Mixon848
10/9/2019 8:08am
Just means that it has been out of the system for a long time. Basically reset to a new Vehicle. But never list your VIN to a Off-Road bike like that on a Public Website or Craigslist. There was a guy years ago going to Vintage Motocross Races, writing down VIN numbers and filing for lost titles, then claiming the bikes. There may even be something about this guy online. Where there is money to be made there will be snakes in the grass. Cut your lawn low. I would delete the post showing your VIN., but it has already been up for 3 months.
11/30/2019 1:30am
Hey how’s everyone been doing. I bet you thought I was gone forever lol hahaha no I’m back because I need some help. My KTM is finally done. I love that bike. I ended up learning how to rebuild the bottom end and top. Got my parts I needed which took forever. Lol but it’s a great bike. Thanks for helping me you guys.
11/30/2019 1:31am
Mixon848 wrote:
Just means that it has been out of the system for a long time. Basically reset to a new Vehicle. But never list your VIN to...
Just means that it has been out of the system for a long time. Basically reset to a new Vehicle. But never list your VIN to a Off-Road bike like that on a Public Website or Craigslist. There was a guy years ago going to Vintage Motocross Races, writing down VIN numbers and filing for lost titles, then claiming the bikes. There may even be something about this guy online. Where there is money to be made there will be snakes in the grass. Cut your lawn low. I would delete the post showing your VIN., but it has already been up for 3 months.
Oh dang i should of thought about that
Dekon
11/30/2019 3:52am
Glad you got it done. When you do your first engine, splitting the cases and all it seems really daunting, but if you take your time it's really not that bad. Now lets see some pictures of it.
sandman768
11/30/2019 6:19am
Post up some photos of the finished product....
Mixon848
11/30/2019 12:33pm
Took off the vin great idea brother
Good...

Can't wait to see how she is looking. Mine has made absolutely no progress. Still in pieces. Good to see that you saved the old gal.
11/30/2019 5:12pm
Dekon wrote:
Glad you got it done. When you do your first engine, splitting the cases and all it seems really daunting, but if you take your time...
Glad you got it done. When you do your first engine, splitting the cases and all it seems really daunting, but if you take your time it's really not that bad. Now lets see some pictures of it.
Ok that’s good advice because I’ll be doing a top and bottom on the Yamaha I’m gonna post some pictures of her as soon as I pull it out. She’s a beauty
1/6/2020 1:03am
I’m still not done I had to get a bike to practice on and now I sold that other bike, I can start back on my Chester field. I just took off the reed box and I’ve never seen this before. It’s coated in some type of plastic
1/6/2020 1:06am
I’m wondering if you guys have ever seen that before. I think this is the first time the reed box has been off.

Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1084th
1/6/2020 9:34pm
Zero chance KTM used blue silicone at the factory to seal that up, it has most certainly been apart before.
Sean_Fries
7/15/2020 4:31pm
So I have it almost torn apart but now I'm wondering why the rear sprocket shaft isn't coming out so I'll have to research that but...
So I have it almost torn apart but now I'm wondering why the rear sprocket shaft isn't coming out so I'll have to research that but it's getting there
You have a line on an exhaust pipe for a 1989 125MX?

Post a reply to: 1990 KTM125 chesterfield

The Latest