1986 cr250 rebuild uk

Related:
Create New Tag

4/8/2018 12:39 PM

Hi guys iv got an 86 cr250 been building it for a while now but I'm always struggling for bits so far iv rebuilt the engine head had a crack from water in it instead of coolant and it froze so had the head welded and re plated and skimmed side case was all furred up and white but managed to get a good quality second hand one then obviously all new internals iv had the frame powder coated post box red shock rebuilt but couldn't find a original honda gas bottle so it's got a old kawasaki one on at the min but I'm always looking for a shock and bottle had to but a second hand set of forks one iv mine was knackered and luckily the one I needed was reparable on the second hand set so rebuilt the forks and got a spare set iv also got the furred up sidecase which I might take to a magnesium welding place and get fixed I also braught some wrong parts they were for a slightly later cr I'm guessing 88 or 89 two piece sidecase and barrel but anyway iv got the engine in the frame new hoses rads were ok repainted them and the engine wheels were perished kept the hubs and had new rims and spokes iv got a dg front pipe but need a back can I also need a choke as mine is broke I need a front caliper and master cylinder front disc and hose always looking for a rear shock gas bottle my airbox has holes in it so I can repair but if someones got one might help new complete clutch leaver plastics I have mine but there not in great condition there very faded blue seat cover and fork guards and possibley a cdi and coil I'm trying to repair anything I can at the momental so any advice or info about where to get thing or any second hand parts would be much appreciated thankyou here is where I'm upto so farPhoto

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

4/8/2018 1:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/8/2018 1:31 PM

For the clutch cover corrosion problem there are two different people selling Aluminium reproductions. They're not cheap at about £400. Choke parts modern bits will fit, or replica Chinese parts from Ebay will be fine for that application, as it's a Keihin PJ if my memory is correct. Front master cylinder you can fit anything, even a modern CRF one if you want. Front disc you may be surprised and a current disc will fit. I know the wheels I just sold for a CR would fit bikes back to '89.

Other bits you'll likely have to either hunt down NOS parts or good used bits, and that's just being patient. As these things get older, and more shagged out, it gets harder to keep them in running order. We have one bike where after 41 years the only original and unmodified parts are the fork stanchions, shock shaft and front wheel hub.

|

4/8/2018 5:52 PM

Nice, The shock looks like an Ohlins to me? With black anodising & white spring made me first think WP but the top looks identical to an Ohlins I have?

|

4/9/2018 12:49 AM

Do you have pic of rebound clicker?
That is an easy way to se if its Ohlins or Showa

|

4/9/2018 2:04 AM

I got Chinese replica front brake assembly from Ebay on my 1986 CR125 and it's working great. I had to just grind some off material on the brake carrier to make it fit

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Old-School-Moto,22/Project-bike-1986-Honda-CR125R,1299309?exclusive_forum_user=false&page=5

|

4/9/2018 7:33 AM

Here's the link to my 86 build last year.
https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Old-School-Moto,22/1986-Cr250-resto,1312498

Lots of others here have also done CR threads.
I have some of the items for sale (airbox) on ebay right now and offer international shipping. Many of the other parts you need are available OEM or aftermarket (Carb parts)... Clutch cover is able to be replaced with newer OEM Honda Aluminum 2 piece that's still available new.

|

4/9/2018 10:04 AM

jd666england wrote:

Hi guys iv got an 86 cr250 been building it for a while now but I'm always struggling for bits so far iv rebuilt the engine ...more

NIce bike. That is the longest sentence I have ever read.

|

4/9/2018 1:43 PM

Smed It's a showa shock iv just rebuilt it and had it powder coated when it was apart Mr happy thanks for the help iv ordered a keihin pj choke pretty easy to find iv got a suzuki rm front caliper that fits but it's just one piston not two iv also managed to fix my cdi and coil so guna start her in the next few days just need to restore the plastics few nuts and bolts here and there a back can iv got a yamaha back can it's got 1983 big one stamped into it I'd prefer a dg one going to have to order one does anyone know where I can get new plastics and seat cover and stuff ?

|

4/9/2018 1:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/9/2018 1:46 PM

We can help you with pretty much everything you need.

Phil Denton Engineering
01492 641345

Stevie

|

Check out our website! www.phildentonengineering.com E-mail if you don't see what you're after!

The finest Titanium, Stainless Steel and Billet alloy components in the world!

Engine building, Race prep, Restoration

https://www.facebook.com/PhilDentonEngineering

4/9/2018 1:45 PM

Oh and vet323 I'm dyslexic and was expelled from 3 schools cheers for giving me the heads up on my punctuation!

|

4/9/2018 1:47 PM

Stevied113 where do I look

|

4/9/2018 1:48 PM

Where you based Denton engineering

|

4/9/2018 1:50 PM

Rocky 739 wats that airbox look like can u send me a pic or a link

|

4/9/2018 5:01 PM

jd666england wrote:

Rocky 739 wats that airbox look like can u send me a pic or a link

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273137975818

Click on Steve’s website and all your questions will be answered. His stuff is the shit!

|

4/10/2018 2:11 AM

jd666england wrote:

Where you based Denton engineering

We're in North Wales mate. Llanrwst to be exact, 3 milesnorth of Betws-y-Coed.
Have a look at our website or FB page. (Links should be in my signature, but I can't see them on my phone for some reason?) Or give us a call 01492 641345.

Stevie

|

Check out our website! www.phildentonengineering.com E-mail if you don't see what you're after!

The finest Titanium, Stainless Steel and Billet alloy components in the world!

Engine building, Race prep, Restoration

https://www.facebook.com/PhilDentonEngineering