how to make a quick turn on Dirt Bike 10 tips for Pivot Turn

Haloo...

There are a lot of YT videos on how to make a pivot turn - i will try to give you the simplest explanation and a few little tricks that helped me a lot.
Training period 6 months. Zero Injuries. Multiple broken rear fenders hahah
Lets go:
In my experience, the most important thing is good timing, slowly you have to develop the feel for it and once you do everything goes pretty easy.
The right way to hold the bars ( one finger always on the lever)
You must use the front brakes too.
One more good trick: body position (you have to sit on the back end of your seat) for easier control of the balance point.
Your foot on the ground should just hoover (slide) and you should never stand on it, just use it for balancing - this was my common mistake when I started training.
You should pull the handlebars backwards and not upwards, many people do this mistake.
This is the procedure:
-start the bike
-shift into 1st gear
-pull the clutch (one finger)
-sit to the rear of the bike
-press the front brake
-push the handlebars forward (compress the forks)
-and then all together (good timing) give it a little gas, seat the to rear, slowly release the clutch, pull the handlebars backwards, control the balance point with the rear brake.
There you go Smile

The front brake is important to compress the forks for extra lift, it makes it easier to to lift the front wheel up, once it passes a certain limit - height from the ground, then it goes up easily.
The procedure is possible without the front brake but it's much harder (common beginners mistake)
|
7/27/2019 4:33am
Haloo... There are a lot of YT videos on how to make a pivot turn - i will try to give you the simplest explanation and...
Haloo...

There are a lot of YT videos on how to make a pivot turn - i will try to give you the simplest explanation and a few little tricks that helped me a lot.
Training period 6 months. Zero Injuries. Multiple broken rear fenders hahah
Lets go:
In my experience, the most important thing is good timing, slowly you have to develop the feel for it and once you do everything goes pretty easy.
The right way to hold the bars ( one finger always on the lever)
You must use the front brakes too.
One more good trick: body position (you have to sit on the back end of your seat) for easier control of the balance point.
Your foot on the ground should just hoover (slide) and you should never stand on it, just use it for balancing - this was my common mistake when I started training.
You should pull the handlebars backwards and not upwards, many people do this mistake.
This is the procedure:
-start the bike
-shift into 1st gear
-pull the clutch (one finger)
-sit to the rear of the bike
-press the front brake
-push the handlebars forward (compress the forks)
-and then all together (good timing) give it a little gas, seat the to rear, slowly release the clutch, pull the handlebars backwards, control the balance point with the rear brake.
There you go Smile

The front brake is important to compress the forks for extra lift, it makes it easier to to lift the front wheel up, once it passes a certain limit - height from the ground, then it goes up easily.
The procedure is possible without the front brake but it's much harder (common beginners mistake)
below is the video link

Post a reply to: how to make a quick turn on Dirt Bike 10 tips for Pivot Turn

The Latest