Off road/GP races around Dallas/Ft.Worth??

NacNac721
4/25/2019 6:45pm
How’s it out there?
|
WFO
5/2/2019 2:53pm
Fairly Decent. TCCRA, TORN, and TSCEC. Have some organizations in Oklahoma too that are pretty good.
kunk
Fantasy
3008th
5/3/2019 12:33pm
TORN is probably more like a GP. Their tracks tend to be shorter and less technical. TCCRA has longer tracks and the race time is longer. The tracks are normally a little more rough than TORN. I have just started running some TSCEC events and they can be long and technical. They are definitely the toughest of the series. There was a H and H national somewhere in the panhandle this year. There are also 3 national enduros within 6.5 hrs of DFW this year. There is also a desert racing series, but I have never competed in an event. There are no shortage of options. No BLM land though. You have to pay to ride. Also a whole slew of MX tracks in the area.
wolf918
5/6/2019 6:00am
kunk wrote:
TORN is probably more like a GP. Their tracks tend to be shorter and less technical. TCCRA has longer tracks and the race time is longer...
TORN is probably more like a GP. Their tracks tend to be shorter and less technical. TCCRA has longer tracks and the race time is longer. The tracks are normally a little more rough than TORN. I have just started running some TSCEC events and they can be long and technical. They are definitely the toughest of the series. There was a H and H national somewhere in the panhandle this year. There are also 3 national enduros within 6.5 hrs of DFW this year. There is also a desert racing series, but I have never competed in an event. There are no shortage of options. No BLM land though. You have to pay to ride. Also a whole slew of MX tracks in the area.
Where are the national enduros, I’d love to go watch. I’ve only been in Texas (San Antonio) alittle over 2 yrs now and I have just about given up on riding. Moving here from the pnw has been pretty depressing when it comes to the lack of public land to ride on. Just last week I was told there are several trail riders here but they all make trips to Colorado to ride. I’d love to catch up with these trips when they happen. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
kunk
Fantasy
3008th
5/7/2019 1:37pm
There was a national in Louisiana. There is one by Tulsa and one in Missouri. Some of the TSCEC races are close to SA. There is also a series TORCS that runs in central TX. I’ve never ran one though. There are no public land riding areas I know of other than Sam Houston NF. I think there are some pay to ride areas around Austin and SA thought.

The Shop

WFO
5/20/2019 7:14am
Check out CTOR around Austin. I've never been but seen video and heard its technical and fun. Best 2 places in Texas are Red River MC trails in Bulcher and Barnwell Mountain Recreation area BMRA. They are both Very good for off-road.
Arkansas has some incredible single track that many people don't know about and it's closer than Colorado.
NacNac721
5/20/2019 7:19am
Thanks fir the info. I’m looking at Wichita Falls or ft worth area.

Post a reply to: Off road/GP races around Dallas/Ft.Worth??

The Latest