Not a single Gummy Tire Mentioned.

Edited Date/Time 8/5/2021 4:47am
Time to get triggered.

|
CKNY
7/19/2021 9:49am
People actually watch these videos?
I haven’t found a better set up yet than a Michelin Enduro Extrem with a 120 mousse.
7/19/2021 10:19am
CKNY wrote:
People actually watch these videos? I haven’t found a better set up yet than a Michelin Enduro Extrem with a 120 mousse.
I haven’t found a better set up yet than a Michelin Enduro Extrem with a 120 mousse.
No, we just troll forums for comments.

I've heard good things about Michelin's Gummy Tire. I'm going to be trying out the IRC JX8 Gekkota in Colorado for a few days. Looking forward to trying out a new tread and gummy tire.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
7/19/2021 5:02pm
CKNY wrote:
People actually watch these videos? I haven’t found a better set up yet than a Michelin Enduro Extrem with a 120 mousse.
No, we just troll forums for comments. I've heard good things about Michelin's Gummy Tire. I'm going to be trying out the IRC JX8 Gekkota in...

I've heard good things about Michelin's Gummy Tire. I'm going to be trying out the IRC JX8 Gekkota in Colorado for a few days. Looking forward to trying out a new tread and gummy tire.
I’ve tried several of the gummies and I haven’t found one that lady’s very long, but they all work great when new. They even work pretty good when they are all torn up.
I’ve just bought my 3rd Dunlop AT81EX for my 300. This time I’m mounting them up with a set of the 10-12PSI Nitro Mousse’s.
I’d been reluctant to try the mousse’s, until I spent 3 days on them in Idaho. I’m sold…

The IRC IX09 worked fantastic, but lasted only 2 rides. I just can’t justify that….
The IRC VE33 lasted twice as long, but not as grippy on some terrain, versus the IX09.
I haven’t tried the JX8 yet. But I’m going to order one now.
CKNY
7/19/2021 6:33pm
CKNY wrote:
No, we just troll forums for comments. I've heard good things about Michelin's Gummy Tire. I'm going to be trying out the IRC JX8 Gekkota in...

langhammx wrote:
I’ve tried several of the gummies and I haven’t found one that lady’s very long, but they all work great when new. They even work pretty...
I’ve tried several of the gummies and I haven’t found one that lady’s very long, but they all work great when new. They even work pretty good when they are all torn up.
I’ve just bought my 3rd Dunlop AT81EX for my 300. This time I’m mounting them up with a set of the 10-12PSI Nitro Mousse’s.
I’d been reluctant to try the mousse’s, until I spent 3 days on them in Idaho. I’m sold…

The IRC IX09 worked fantastic, but lasted only 2 rides. I just can’t justify that….
The IRC VE33 lasted twice as long, but not as grippy on some terrain, versus the IX09.
You need to run a 2nd wheel for different rides and conditions. If I’m gonna run a bunch of fast Rocky stuff or more soil/loam I mount a regular Michelin Enduro Medium with a standard 140 nitro. Honestly a standard matching nitro mousse vs a 120 mousse in a 140 tire is make it or break it in a lot of stuff I ride. You just are not getting up the climbs in my neck of the woods at 12psi. The Dunlop is a good gummy, I think you will like it. The Michelin compound is hard to beat in roots and rocks with its 13mm FIM lugs. Standard size knobs just can’t get the same contact patch with the surface, the taller knobs tend to just spin. For your west coast stuff it may not be as much of an issue.

The Shop

buenavides
8/3/2021 8:13pm

langhammx wrote:
I’ve tried several of the gummies and I haven’t found one that lady’s very long, but they all work great when new. They even work pretty...

CKNY wrote:
You need to [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/07/19/502208/s1200_B690D6BE_7403_472C_9C7F_C69E51DAB23D.jpg[/img]run a 2nd wheel for different rides and conditions. If I’m gonna run a bunch of fast Rocky stuff or more soil/loam I...
You need to run a 2nd wheel for different rides and conditions. If I’m gonna run a bunch of fast Rocky stuff or more soil/loam I mount a regular Michelin Enduro Medium with a standard 140 nitro. Honestly a standard matching nitro mousse vs a 120 mousse in a 140 tire is make it or break it in a lot of stuff I ride. You just are not getting up the climbs in my neck of the woods at 12psi. The Dunlop is a good gummy, I think you will like it. The Michelin compound is hard to beat in roots and rocks with its 13mm FIM lugs. Standard size knobs just can’t get the same contact patch with the surface, the taller knobs tend to just spin. For your west coast stuff it may not be as much of an issue.

Who needs a truck or a jeep when you have a motorbike? That looks like an intense trail.
CKNY
8/5/2021 4:47am
langhammx wrote:

CKNY wrote:
You need to [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/07/19/502208/s1200_B690D6BE_7403_472C_9C7F_C69E51DAB23D.jpg[/img]run a 2nd wheel for different rides and conditions. If I’m gonna run a bunch of fast Rocky stuff or more soil/loam I...

buenavides wrote:
Who needs a truck or a jeep when you have a motorbike? That looks like an intense trail.
Yeah we have some pretty cool stuff in my area. Very similar to Romaniacs type terrain. Always building more!

Post a reply to: Not a single Gummy Tire Mentioned.

The Latest