Lighting Options?24hr GP

bradmx421

So, ive raced motocross my entire life and for whatever reason i have decided to race the 24hr Gran Prix at Glen Helen this year. Any suggestions on lighting setups that won't break the bank?

Currently thinking a Baja Designs LED Squadron may do the job just fine.....but would like confirmation or suggestions.

Racing on a 2018 YZ450F
|
Stuntman949
8/6/2018 9:49am
Total newbie here. Anything crazy about changing the lighting coil to run it?
RCF
8/14/2018 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2018 1:35pm
You can get a cheap light bar from these guys bright led.com I would recommend running helmet lights also, my son used the ones from Rocky Mountain ATV buy tusk, I think for two lights with four batteries it was $170, if you run a single light on each battery they're good for about 4 hours. They give you a cable to run two lights off one battery but I wouldn't recommend it if the battery goes dead it gets dark real quick there's no warning with LED lights, He just ran the Ironman in the Northeast 24 hour challenge.

If you don't want to get into changing stator to run the light bars , I seen a few guys running them off those battery packs they sell for recharging your phones ,they told me they get about 4 hours depending on how many watts the light is pulling. The one guy got his set up off of Amazon for under $100 he told me for the light and the battery pack.

Post a reply to: Lighting Options?24hr GP

The Latest