Ktm exc-f 450 2020 Spokes problem

Related:
Create New Tag

8/7/2021 3:12 AM

Hello guys i recently purchased a mousse and installed it on my front and rear wheel

after couple laps i started to notice those spokes are getting loose and already lost 1 

its keeps happen 

what should i do any ideas?

|

8/10/2021 10:02 AM

Check your spokes often. This is in no way related to the Mousse. Every person I personally know with a 20-21 KTM has issues with spokes coming loose frequently regardless of tubes, tubeliss, or mousse.

|

8/12/2021 4:16 PM

I got a 20' xcf and the spokes come loose oftern. When the bike was new it was worse, now with 50 hours it isn't as bad as it was.

|

8/12/2021 6:05 PM

Check the sprocket bolts frequently as well. Many have had issues with them.

|

9/5/2021 3:22 PM

Put blue loc-tite on the spoke threads.

|

I work to provide for my family, I ride to keep my sanity.

9/6/2021 6:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2021 6:59 PM

Respectfully, as a counter to Timo, use a little dab of anti-seize on the spoke ends or nipples instead of anti-seize. Even the blue is too strong. It won’t allow you the needed adjustment as the spokes break in. The KTMs tend to take a while to set the wheels and you need to tighten on a regular basis. The spokes next to the the rim locks loosen quickly and need A LOT of attention for the first 50-75ish hours. Invest in a spoke torque wrench and check all your spokes during routine maintenance like air filter cleaning/changing. The anti-seize in combination with a spoke torque wrench will do wonders for you. Get an adjustable torque wrench because the KTM specs are higher than the Japanese bikes. Most of the non-adjustable ones are set to Japanese specs, around 4.8 nm vs 6.0 nm on the KTMs.

|

9/17/2021 7:49 PM

I put small zip ties on the spokes in the middle that cross and touch each other. I’ve never had any problems with them and have a spoke torque wrench to check them and they never come loose. I noticed on factory bikes they use safety wire which does the same thing.

|

MotoTones is a App for iPhone and Android, search for it!
Link MotoTones App on Facebook!
www.MotoXTones.com
MotoTones sticker 1

9/17/2021 7:58 PM

This is my 2017 KTM 500 exc-f that hooks up big time and has crazy torque being put on the spokes constantly and the zip ties work great. Highly recommend doing this and you won’t have anymore problems with them coming loose. Photo

|

MotoTones is a App for iPhone and Android, search for it!
Link MotoTones App on Facebook!
www.MotoXTones.com
MotoTones sticker 1