KR: Kailub Russell- Looking Forward

Jmicmoto13
2/14/2018 4:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2018 7:27pm
https://youtu.be/teV0KegvMxM

Great start to a new video series from Ride365. Very interesting 10 minute video on Kailub’s 2017 season. I wasn’t aware of the online bashing he was receiving. I remember reading DC getting on here and say a word or two but I don’t recall accusations being hurled.
|
navalseabee
2/15/2018 12:30pm
Huh really good so far. I dont think i heard much talk about cheating last year, im not really sure what hes talking about.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
2/20/2018 2:55pm
KR was getting bashed pretty hard in social media last season..it wasn't any other rider that was bashing him, it was more fans of other riders. Pretty much started when his main competition was penalized for taking a line that didn't comply with the rules. Then KR took a line at a race that appeared at first glance to be out of compliance with the rules. Social media then went bananas with people saying he wouldn't be penalized because he was related, and all the usual nonsense that comes up. It actually got pretty ugly for a bit. In fact, GNCC Pro rules now state the following:

GPS Devices: Upon request by GNCC Race Officials, Pro competitors must wear GPS devices during competition. All such GPS devices will be provided by GNCC Racing and must be returned immediately upon completion of the race. Competitors will be responsible for the safe return of the device.

I firmly suspect that the BS last year led to the above mentioned rule.
RCF
2/20/2018 5:01pm
So if they suspect you of cheating you must wear GPS or are they making everyone wear a GPS
Stuntman949
2/21/2018 7:42am
Its been cool to watch him at the Big 6 series here out west. Completely different world for him

The Shop

sam hain
2/22/2018 6:51am
I don't know if he cheated or not, but this can't be that big of a surprise (being called out). His dad builds/cuts the tracks, his family owns the series. Haters don't have to look to far for something to bitch about.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
2/22/2018 9:23am
RCF wrote:
So if they suspect you of cheating you must wear GPS or are they making everyone wear a GPS
Don't know the criteria. The rule says at the request of the promotor or some such. Not sure what the criteria is, they provide the good device, and it's for Pro class only
RCF
2/22/2018 11:45am
RCF wrote:
Don't know the criteria. The rule says at the request of the promotor or some such. Not sure what the criteria is, they provide the good...
Don't know the criteria. The rule says at the request of the promotor or some such. Not sure what the criteria is, they provide the good device, and it's for Pro class only
My son is an XC2 rider that's why I was wondering , last year at Iron Man they had all pro riders test what I thought was new transponders I wonder if it was actually the GPS .you can see it in the below picture strapped to his forks after the race there was an official waiting to remove it from the bike

s

harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
2/22/2018 2:20pm
RCF wrote:
My son is an XC2 rider that's why I was wondering , last year at Iron Man they had all pro riders test what I thought...
My son is an XC2 rider that's why I was wondering , last year at Iron Man they had all pro riders test what I thought was new transponders I wonder if it was actually the GPS .you can see it in the below picture strapped to his forks after the race there was an official waiting to remove it from the bike

s

I'm gonna stick my neck out, and say that my impression is that any class which is specifically governed by the separate GNCC Pro Rules would be subject to the GPS rule. That would include XC1/XC2 bike or Quad, XC3 Bike, WXC Bike, and 4X4 Pro Quad. Not really a big deal though unless one habitually cuts the course.
RCF
2/22/2018 2:29pm
RCF wrote:
My son is an XC2 rider that's why I was wondering , last year at Iron Man they had all pro riders test what I thought...

s

I'm gonna stick my neck out, and say that my impression is that any class which is specifically governed by the separate GNCC Pro Rules would...
I'm gonna stick my neck out, and say that my impression is that any class which is specifically governed by the separate GNCC Pro Rules would be subject to the GPS rule. That would include XC1/XC2 bike or Quad, XC3 Bike, WXC Bike, and 4X4 Pro Quad. Not really a big deal though unless one habitually cuts the course.
I agree ,I'm all four measures to keep everything Fair, especially when it doesn't cost you nothing.
MJC
2/22/2018 5:17pm
sam hain wrote:
I don't know if he cheated or not, but this can't be that big of a surprise (being called out). His dad builds/cuts the tracks, his...
I don't know if he cheated or not, but this can't be that big of a surprise (being called out). His dad builds/cuts the tracks, his family owns the series. Haters don't have to look to far for something to bitch about.
And I think a lot of people apply the fuckhead test;
I respect the shit out of his skills on the bike, but he doesn't come across as any dude I'd like to have a beer with.
Along with your points above, I think a little bit of this applies when people rag on riders, and I certainly do it a little subconsciously.
I don't condone abuse of anyone on social media etc as it is cowardly
harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
2/22/2018 6:01pm
MJC wrote:
And I think a lot of people apply the fuckhead test; I respect the shit out of his skills on the bike, but he doesn't come...
And I think a lot of people apply the fuckhead test;
I respect the shit out of his skills on the bike, but he doesn't come across as any dude I'd like to have a beer with.
Along with your points above, I think a little bit of this applies when people rag on riders, and I certainly do it a little subconsciously.
I don't condone abuse of anyone on social media etc as it is cowardly
You met him in person? I have. Ive also had the guy go by me pinned, a few feet off the ground WFO with one foot on the peg. So ya...mad respect. He's also a nice personable guy. That being said when I usually see him it's just about go time so he's all business
MJC
2/22/2018 6:06pm
You met him in person? I have. Ive also had the guy go by me pinned, a few feet off the ground WFO with one foot...
You met him in person? I have. Ive also had the guy go by me pinned, a few feet off the ground WFO with one foot on the peg. So ya...mad respect. He's also a nice personable guy. That being said when I usually see him it's just about go time so he's all business
Of course I haven't met him and that was my point.
No denying his skills on the bike that is for sure
RCF
2/22/2018 6:18pm
You met him in person? I have. Ive also had the guy go by me pinned, a few feet off the ground WFO with one foot...
MJC wrote:
Of course I haven't met him and that was my point.
No denying his skills on the bike that is for sure
He's actually a good guy , at the banquet we had a kid at our table that was a fan, my son asked him to come over and talk to him and he spent quite a bit of time talking to the kid.

RCF
2/22/2018 6:46pm
MJC. This is the guy you want to have a beer with , you know somebody rocking a sweet ass mullet like that has to be fun to drink with.

Jmicmoto13
2/22/2018 7:27pm
RCF wrote:
MJC. This is the guy you want to have a beer with , you know somebody rocking a sweet ass mullet like that has to be...
MJC. This is the guy you want to have a beer with , you know somebody rocking a sweet ass mullet like that has to be fun to drink with.

Haha Stew is the man.

Post a reply to: KR: Kailub Russell- Looking Forward

The Latest