Is a Sherco worth buying?

Kratt27
Fantasy
29th
A bike shop close by has a Sherco 2020 250 sef-r for a good price but I've never had one or know anyone who has. Advice? Are they high maintenance? Can you get parts online? Or even worth buying?
|
Crash217
4/14/2021 11:39am
Boncutter keeps a good parts inventory in stock and I never had any problems getting OEM Sherco parts when I had one. Dealers and the distributor were more than happy to send me a part any time I called. They aren't any more or less maintenance intensive than anything else from europe.
MX915
4/20/2021 12:59pm
I have a 2020 300 SEF factory. No more maintenance than the KTM sitting next to it. Parts are readily available. There are some really great dealers with good sites for online ordering (Motocenter in AZ, Hard Enduro Outfitters, Bonecutter). There are a lot of parts that cross over. Brake pads, levers, etc. are KTM brembo, sprockets are old italian Husqvarna, any of the typical suspension parts like springs (mine has KYB so cross referencing through the technical touch catalog shows common parts between Yamaha and Honda KYB setups). All the typical companies now make graphics, seat covers, protection products, etc.

It’s really a great bike and cool to be a little different at offroad races. Although the presence has certainly grown over the past few years.
navalseabee
4/21/2021 4:07am
Resale will be tough IMO, they just don't have the mainstream popularity of the other colors.

The Shop

1983YZ125
Fantasy
1406th
4/21/2021 6:32pm
Resale will be tough IMO, they just don't have the mainstream popularity of the other colors.
I don't think that's the case. If you advertise on craigslist, yes. If you advertise on the facebook groups geared towards the brand or offroad, shouldn't be a problem. They and Beta are grown in popularity in recent years and are/were a bargain buy compared to the other brands. I was leaning towards buying a 21 300 2T, but with the huge price jump Sherco put on the 21's, i went with another Beta.

I'm on a Sherco trials bike, zero issues on the bike after 3 years. Starts and runs flawlessly, if i need parts (very rarely) i call my local dealer. I'm fortunate to have a dealer 15 minutes away since we moved, however when i bought it my closest dealer was 4 hours away and still no issues getting parts. Find the best reputable online dealer. Sherco has also moved their warehouse to San Antonio area recently, Cody Webb has a good video of the warehouse on his YT channel. Plenty of inventory going all the way back to 1999 if i recall in the video.
navalseabee
4/22/2021 8:43am
1983YZ125 wrote:
I don't think that's the case. If you advertise on craigslist, yes. If you advertise on the facebook groups geared towards the brand or offroad, shouldn't...
I don't think that's the case. If you advertise on craigslist, yes. If you advertise on the facebook groups geared towards the brand or offroad, shouldn't be a problem. They and Beta are grown in popularity in recent years and are/were a bargain buy compared to the other brands. I was leaning towards buying a 21 300 2T, but with the huge price jump Sherco put on the 21's, i went with another Beta.

I'm on a Sherco trials bike, zero issues on the bike after 3 years. Starts and runs flawlessly, if i need parts (very rarely) i call my local dealer. I'm fortunate to have a dealer 15 minutes away since we moved, however when i bought it my closest dealer was 4 hours away and still no issues getting parts. Find the best reputable online dealer. Sherco has also moved their warehouse to San Antonio area recently, Cody Webb has a good video of the warehouse on his YT channel. Plenty of inventory going all the way back to 1999 if i recall in the video.
I know its an isolated example, but i had a buddy sit on one for almost a year before it finally sold.

Post a reply to: Is a Sherco worth buying?

The Latest