How does contingency work?

Kanewel433
2/15/2018 1:12pm
I keep seeing posts on Instagram about contingency from Yamaha, KTM, Honda, etc. but I don't quite understand how this benefits me as an amateur rider. For reference, I only race 3-4 GNCC's a year and maybe a few local Mid-East events.

Any info would be great.

Thanks,
|
harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
2/18/2018 10:34am
Kanewel433 wrote:
I keep seeing posts on Instagram about contingency from Yamaha, KTM, Honda, etc. but I don't quite understand how this benefits me as an amateur rider...
I keep seeing posts on Instagram about contingency from Yamaha, KTM, Honda, etc. but I don't quite understand how this benefits me as an amateur rider. For reference, I only race 3-4 GNCC's a year and maybe a few local Mid-East events.

Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Only racing a few events doesn't matter. The manufacturers pay contingency based on individual event results. You have to be riding a qualifying motorcycle in a class that pays contingency at a series the manufacurer pays contingency for. For example, If I'm on a qualifying Honda, and I win a B class at Big Buck GNCC, with 5 or more riders in the class, Honda will pay me $250. If I'm also running Maxxis tires and meet their requirements, they pay too...not sure what the 2018 amount is though.

You have to look up the manufacturer's contingency program and read the rules. Some pay via reloadable debit card, some pay via digital wallet, some pay via a card that's only good at one of their dealers.

Post a reply to: How does contingency work?

The Latest