Cool weather gear

ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
What is your glove of choice when riding in cold weather? Looking for a glove for riding trails/singletrack. Coming from mostly MX, so I usually don't ride when it's cold.
|
MikeID
1/26/2019 4:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2019 4:53pm
My bike has flag style handguards, so I recommend those. Down into the 30’s I’ll wear regular mx gloves. Below that, I have some Moose cold weather gloves, but I actually like going up a size larger mx gloves with thin inserts inside of them. For me, I think I’ve got a bit better feel going that route and my fingers stay warmer.

Those are a couple ways to try and see what works for you.

Glad you are getting out to ride!

ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
1/26/2019 4:35pm
MikeID wrote:
My bike has flag style handguards, so I recommend those. Down into the 30’s I’ll wear regular mx gloves. Below that, I have some Moose cold...
My bike has flag style handguards, so I recommend those. Down into the 30’s I’ll wear regular mx gloves. Below that, I have some Moose cold weather gloves, but I actually like going up a size larger mx gloves with thin inserts inside of them. For me, I think I’ve got a bit better feel going that route and my fingers stay warmer.

Those are a couple ways to try and see what works for you.

Glad you are getting out to ride!

Thanks for the tips. Going out tomorrow with a friend but for now I'll be in regular MX gloves. I'll definitely be looking to order something real soon though. Bought a new Husky TX300 and this will be my first time out on it.
Timo_2824
1/28/2019 7:48am
I wear regular MX gloves down to about 45°, 40's to high 20's I wear some cold weather Specialized mountain bike gloves. They are thin on the palm so you still have good feeling and control over your levers. If it gets 25° or colder I wear lobster claws, they are a mitten but have the index finger separate for clutch and brake levers. Feel isn't great but they keep your hands warm.
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
1/28/2019 8:20am
Timo_2824 wrote:
I wear regular MX gloves down to about 45°, 40's to high 20's I wear some cold weather Specialized mountain bike gloves. They are thin on...
I wear regular MX gloves down to about 45°, 40's to high 20's I wear some cold weather Specialized mountain bike gloves. They are thin on the palm so you still have good feeling and control over your levers. If it gets 25° or colder I wear lobster claws, they are a mitten but have the index finger separate for clutch and brake levers. Feel isn't great but they keep your hands warm.
Thanks! I don't think I'm man enough to worry about the lobster claws Laughing I really hate cold weather. I'll definitely look into the Specialized gloves though.

The Shop

WFO
1/30/2019 6:00am
I am a total puzz when it comes to cold hands. I recently purchased a pair of FLY battery operated gloves and they are the bomb.A little stiff at 1st but break in. I was out for a couple of days in 24 degree weather, snowing and raining and they were the difference between me riding or packing it in.
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
1/30/2019 6:51am
WFO wrote:
I am a total puzz when it comes to cold hands. I recently purchased a pair of FLY battery operated gloves and they are the bomb.A...
I am a total puzz when it comes to cold hands. I recently purchased a pair of FLY battery operated gloves and they are the bomb.A little stiff at 1st but break in. I was out for a couple of days in 24 degree weather, snowing and raining and they were the difference between me riding or packing it in.
Now you're talking!!! Checking those out right now! My hands stay cold, so those sound like what I need.
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
1/30/2019 6:53am
WFO wrote:
I am a total puzz when it comes to cold hands. I recently purchased a pair of FLY battery operated gloves and they are the bomb.A...
By the way.... They aren't those bulky type of gloves are they?
mwssquad827
4/10/2019 8:13pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2019 2:44pm
FLY wind gloves.. my group, go to for cold weather.. not bulky but work awesome.. I have tried the rubber gloves under the normal mx gloves and I didn’t like and got blisters..??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ Give the fly gloves a shot!!
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
4/23/2019 5:14am
I bought the Fly gloves and they worked out great! Won't need them for a while now but I won't mind the cold when it comes back.

Post a reply to: Cool weather gear

The Latest