Cool weather gear

Related:
Create New Tag

1/24/2019 10:46 AM

What is your glove of choice when riding in cold weather? Looking for a glove for riding trails/singletrack. Coming from mostly MX, so I usually don't ride when it's cold.

|

1/26/2019 4:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2019 4:53 PM

My bike has flag style handguards, so I recommend those. Down into the 30’s I’ll wear regular mx gloves. Below that, I have some Moose cold weather gloves, but I actually like going up a size larger mx gloves with thin inserts inside of them. For me, I think I’ve got a bit better feel going that route and my fingers stay warmer.

Those are a couple ways to try and see what works for you.

Glad you are getting out to ride!

|

1/26/2019 4:35 PM

MikeID wrote:

My bike has flag style handguards, so I recommend those. Down into the 30’s I’ll wear regular mx gloves. Below that, I have ...more

Thanks for the tips. Going out tomorrow with a friend but for now I'll be in regular MX gloves. I'll definitely be looking to order something real soon though. Bought a new Husky TX300 and this will be my first time out on it.

|

1/28/2019 7:48 AM

I wear regular MX gloves down to about 45°, 40's to high 20's I wear some cold weather Specialized mountain bike gloves. They are thin on the palm so you still have good feeling and control over your levers. If it gets 25° or colder I wear lobster claws, they are a mitten but have the index finger separate for clutch and brake levers. Feel isn't great but they keep your hands warm.

|

1/28/2019 8:20 AM

Timo_2824 wrote:

I wear regular MX gloves down to about 45, 40's to high 20's I wear some cold weather Specialized mountain bike gloves. They ...more

Thanks! I don't think I'm man enough to worry about the lobster claws laughing I really hate cold weather. I'll definitely look into the Specialized gloves though.

|

1/30/2019 6:00 AM

I am a total puzz when it comes to cold hands. I recently purchased a pair of FLY battery operated gloves and they are the bomb.A little stiff at 1st but break in. I was out for a couple of days in 24 degree weather, snowing and raining and they were the difference between me riding or packing it in.

|

1/30/2019 6:51 AM

WFO wrote:

I am a total puzz when it comes to cold hands. I recently purchased a pair of FLY battery operated gloves and they are the ...more

Now you're talking!!! Checking those out right now! My hands stay cold, so those sound like what I need.

|

1/30/2019 6:53 AM

WFO wrote:

I am a total puzz when it comes to cold hands. I recently purchased a pair of FLY battery operated gloves and they are the ...more

By the way.... They aren't those bulky type of gloves are they?

|

2/5/2019 5:53 PM

I ran across some stuff from answer the other day and thought of this thread.

https://www.answerracing.com/category/4/off-road

|

2/13/2019 3:14 PM

Hippo hands work great

|

4/10/2019 8:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2019 2:44 PM

FLY wind gloves.. my group, go to for cold weather.. not bulky but work awesome.. I have tried the rubber gloves under the normal mx gloves and I didn’t like and got blisters..??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ Give the fly gloves a shot!!

|

4/22/2019 2:10 PM

That's what I want to know.

|

4/23/2019 5:14 AM

I bought the Fly gloves and they worked out great! Won't need them for a while now but I won't mind the cold when it comes back.

|