Are the Fuel Injected two strokes worth it?

Hoks
5/17/2020 11:36am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2020 5:22am
Looking Into getting a Husky 2 stroke. Those of you that have ridden the fuel injected models, is the extra price worth it or did you not really notice anything monumental.

I’m looking at a two stroke to ride mostly trails and to dabble into MX occasionally. No racing, just fun.
|
duckdog77
5/18/2020 6:07am
I love my 2020 KTM 300XC tpi. The power delivery is awesome. Very linear not a huge hit like the old two strokes. I’m most impressed by the way it gets the power to the ground. The thing hooks up in anything and you can really lug it around through woods. Also has plenty of power and suspension to handle an Mx track. I race GP’s which are mostly woods with small sections of Mx thrown in. I would not hesitate to buy it again.

The one thing I will say is sit on both the Husky and the KTM. I went to purchase the husky and I feel the seat and tank area are a little wider than the KTM and did not fit me comfortably.
WFO
6/3/2020 11:26am
I love my TPI but have since switched the Injection as well as ignition to GET, The options are incredible.
6/5/2020 5:22am
@WFO Did you get the get race kit. If so what are the improvements to stock.
1983YZ125
Fantasy
1694th
6/11/2020 5:16pm
duckdog77 wrote:
I love my 2020 KTM 300XC tpi. The power delivery is awesome. Very linear not a huge hit like the old two strokes. I’m most impressed...
I love my 2020 KTM 300XC tpi. The power delivery is awesome. Very linear not a huge hit like the old two strokes. I’m most impressed by the way it gets the power to the ground. The thing hooks up in anything and you can really lug it around through woods. Also has plenty of power and suspension to handle an Mx track. I race GP’s which are mostly woods with small sections of Mx thrown in. I would not hesitate to buy it again.

The one thing I will say is sit on both the Husky and the KTM. I went to purchase the husky and I feel the seat and tank area are a little wider than the KTM and did not fit me comfortably.
Have you ridden modern 2 strokes? My Beta 300 is very linear with out a huge hit. Rideability is the best out of any bike i've owned previous. I think the OP will find that with most newer 2 strokes aimed towards offroad.

I like the simplicity of the carb (running a Lectron at the moment), nothing against the FI bikes, the bikes at the time didn't fit what i was looking for. Would have no hesitation to try one out at some point, but Sherco is next on my shopping list when i finally upgrade.

Post a reply to: Are the Fuel Injected two strokes worth it?

The Latest