2018 Tennessee Knock out

hoodsmoto
Fantasy
464th
I was lucky enough to be one of the 250 Amateurs selected to race in this years Knock out. I'll be traveling from Ontario, Canada and hopefully making a week long riding trip out of it.

Anyone else on here also giving it a shot?

Can anyone here offer up any advice to a first timer? I somewhat know what to expect but wondering about where to stay, things to bring. Anything that stood out to you.

Thanks

|
navalseabee
1/3/2018 4:41am
I hopped on the computer the minute registration opened and got me a spot! Pretty pumped, not traveling near as far as you are as we're coming from Florida. It'll be my first time as well, were planning on just camping out on the property for the weekend. I'll be running my usual AT81 front and Kenda Ibex rear.
1/4/2018 3:50pm
Invitation or not, that is a big do not attempt for me... Looks nuts. Good luck guys!

hoodmoto, how many times have you done the cord? I'll be giving it a shot for the first time this coming season.
hoodsmoto
Fantasy
464th
1/4/2018 6:52pm
Invitation or not, that is a big do not attempt for me... Looks nuts. Good luck guys! hoodmoto, how many times have you done the cord...
Invitation or not, that is a big do not attempt for me... Looks nuts. Good luck guys!

hoodmoto, how many times have you done the cord? I'll be giving it a shot for the first time this coming season.
attempted twice (2016 and 2017), only finished in 17.

This year I'm going to make sure to ride more rocky terrain beforehand though! I'm only a few hours from there so I'll make my way up there earlier in the season to work on greens mountain.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
1/7/2018 7:23pm
I'll be coming down from Ohio....got my spot locked upo along with a few of my buddies Woohoo

The Shop

navalseabee
1/16/2018 5:17pm
Just watched Tanner McCoy 2017 Parts 1 and 2 on Youtube.
He never got passed.
Tanner is a local Alabama AA rider, he just got a top 20 at the Revlimiter Hard Enduro last weekend.
1/17/2018 5:55am
Just watched Tanner McCoy 2017 Parts 1 and 2 on Youtube.
He never got passed.
Tanner is a local Alabama AA rider, he just got a top 20 at the Revlimiter Hard Enduro last weekend.
He's from Walnut, MS....we get to watch him ride past us quite often around here.
navalseabee
1/17/2018 10:16am
Yea I know the feeling, I watched him ride all season in SECCA.
1/17/2018 3:23pm
Must be quite a journey for you to make it to the races. That's awesome.
I hope to make 3/24 and 4/7 Secca races...wont be AA though...promise you that.
navalseabee
1/17/2018 4:47pm
Must be quite a journey for you to make it to the races. That's awesome. I hope to make 3/24 and 4/7 Secca races...wont be AA...
Its actually the closest series for us to make, besides the riding up there is excellent. We did every race last season and are planning on doing it again this year. If you out there come find me and say whats up #751 on a KTM, i'll be on the 250b row.
1/31/2018 10:01am
Must be quite a journey for you to make it to the races. That's awesome. I hope to make 3/24 and 4/7 Secca races...wont be AA...
Its actually the closest series for us to make, besides the riding up there is excellent. We did every race last season and are planning on...
Its actually the closest series for us to make, besides the riding up there is excellent. We did every race last season and are planning on doing it again this year. If you out there come find me and say whats up #751 on a KTM, i'll be on the 250b row.
I will look you up for sure.

Are you guys going to do the Perry Mountain 24 hour race this year?

I'm on a 6 man/6 bike 45+ class team.
navalseabee
1/31/2018 10:19am
I will look you up for sure. Are you guys going to do the Perry Mountain 24 hour race this year? I'm on a 6 man/6...

I am indeed. I'm on a six man team with the Brasher brothers, I believe were running expert class.
1/31/2018 10:31am
I am indeed. I'm on a six man team with the Brasher brothers, I believe were running expert class.
Nice!
Last year was our first.
I made the mistake of not really dialing in my nighttime setup.
Used very high quality helmet and bike lights....they just kept bouncing around on the aim.
Plan to do more testing this year ahead of the event to make sure that is not an issue.

Registration opens tomorrow.

They transferred some of the prize money from the 1 bike to the 6 bike teams. Looks like they see better growth opportunity in the 6 bike class. Doubt we will be in the money, but no one will have a better time.

The team Tanner McCoy was on last year won the overall.
navalseabee
2/1/2018 7:06am
This will be my first year. I've to decide on which light setup to use, they're all pretty pricy some significantly more than others.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
2/1/2018 1:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2018 1:04pm
This will be my first year. I've to decide on which light setup to use, they're all pretty pricy some significantly more than others.
Check this out...I have one on my bicycle...you could even run two. Thing is insanely bright, and it runs about as long as they said it does...comes with a US outlet adapter for the charger too.

https://www.merlincycles.com/k20-high-powered-front-bike-light-86619.ht…
2/1/2018 2:23pm
We use the "Task Racing" brand for helmet and bike. Pretty salty but really high quality.
I found that "sharing" a helmet light with a friend worked out fine so long as we didn't ride back to back.
Pretty much need your own bike light though..imo. Unless you guys are running the "one bike" class
navalseabee
2/1/2018 4:36pm
We use the "Task Racing" brand for helmet and bike. Pretty salty but really high quality. I found that "sharing" a helmet light with a friend...
We use the "Task Racing" brand for helmet and bike. Pretty salty but really high quality.
I found that "sharing" a helmet light with a friend worked out fine so long as we didn't ride back to back.
Pretty much need your own bike light though..imo. Unless you guys are running the "one bike" class
Yea one bike class for us, i believe Task is the brand that the bikes owner has for the light. Tusk has an attractive looking dual helmet 4 battery kit for just under $200. I know its probably not super quality like task, but i dont see it getting used a ton. Hard to justify such a steep bill for one or two races, but we will see.
4/5/2018 3:51pm
I will look you up for sure. Are you guys going to do the Perry Mountain 24 hour race this year? I'm on a 6 man/6...

The entries are in. This is going to be so much fun. 45+ 6 man Boom.
ktmfun219
Fantasy
554th
8/10/2018 3:01pm

The entries are in. This is going to be so much fun. 45+ 6 man Boom.
I am going to spectate. You boys still in for TKO?
navalseabee
8/10/2018 5:21pm
Yes sir heading up Friday morning, if you see me swing in for a brewski. #751 on a KTM, I'll be riding the struggle bus from row 18.

Post a reply to: 2018 Tennessee Knock out

The Latest