Coach Shula has died

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2011 8:39 PM

Coach Don Shula, only coach to take a team to a perfect season, has died today at 81

He was the first coach I learned of, and I learned to respect him.
I remember watching the "Don Shula Show" on channel 10 in Miami, with Chuck Dowdell (now on WSB in Atlanta) brought to you by Tinsley Advertising.

|

This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR

"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

1/12/2011 8:42 PM

Now some website says it's a hoax....

So, I dunno

|

This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR

1/12/2011 11:14 PM

Hope its not true. Always liked Don.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

1/12/2011 11:28 PM

RIP if true. Also, didn't the Patriots or some other team also have a perfect season just a few years back?

|

1/13/2011 1:13 AM

Void Main wrote:

RIP if true. Also, didn't the Patriots or some other team also have a perfect season just a few years back?

You mean 18-1?

|

1/13/2011 5:45 AM

Void Main wrote:

TripleFive wrote:

You mean 18-1?

I don't know, guess it didn't happen? I was thinking there was a team that did it but that could be the one I'm thinking about. The one I really remember was the 85 Bears who were unstoppable, until they ran into the Dolphins and lost 1 game. Stopping the streak is what the Dolphins had to play for since it was their streak being protected.

|

1/13/2011 5:49 AM

The '72 Dolphins are the only team to go undefeated
14-0 in regular season and after the Superbowl ended the season 17-0

Some like to foolishly say that the Patriots exceeded the Dolphins perfect season by going 18-1, winning one more consecutive game, but it isn't a consecutive game win streak record, it's a perfect season

and only the Miami Dolphins have accomplished that

|

1/13/2011 5:56 AM

Void Main wrote:

I don't know, guess it didn't happen? I was thinking there was a team that did it but that could be the one I'm thinking about. The one I really remember was the 85 Bears who were unstoppable, until they ran into the Dolphins and lost 1 game. Stopping the streak is what the Dolphins had to play for since it was their streak being protected.

and many of the '72 Dolphins players were there on the sidelines during that game, which added motivation and pressure to the 'Fins players to get the job done

|

1/13/2011 8:04 AM

I am surprised if true, he was looking healthy in the nutrisystem commercials the last couple years.

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

1/13/2011 8:20 AM

Those 70s Dolphin teams were good !

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

1/13/2011 8:23 AM

I gotta figure it's not true. Not a blip on the news about it.

|

1/13/2011 8:27 AM

If it was true ESPN would be covering it non stop. Not a peep on there right now. Hang in there Don.

|

1/13/2011 8:31 AM

It's a hoax

|

1/13/2011 8:31 AM

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

1/13/2011 9:01 AM

Well, anyone who has been watching his old team knows he HAS been dying inside for the last few seasons.

|