whos hittin the gym?

doofy
8/2/2017 1:14am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2017 1:56pm
I have been an avid gym rat since high school and 10 years after but dropped the ball about a year ago and its like pulling teeth to get back into it. Used to love it, now just feels like a job.

I assume most of the guys here do, am i wrong in that thinking? Ya know whats weird is actually my work in the gym made me go backwards on the bike. Arm pump out of this world
|
steed 2.0
8/2/2017 2:15am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 2:38am
You’re probably doing strength training, which makes the muscles shorter (arm pump) more suitable for offseason,
I think you need a more cardio-based training (stamina) lightweight and many repetitions
8/2/2017 2:16am
It's all about routine with the gym, once your in the routine it becomes a lot more enjoyable I find.

Having gone from cardio and high reps to low reps building mass has made it a lot more enjoyable as well, of course it's the worst thing for MX, my shoulders and arms burn up pretty quick now days.
doofy
8/2/2017 4:23am
It's all about routine with the gym, once your in the routine it becomes a lot more enjoyable I find. Having gone from cardio and high...
It's all about routine with the gym, once your in the routine it becomes a lot more enjoyable I find.

Having gone from cardio and high reps to low reps building mass has made it a lot more enjoyable as well, of course it's the worst thing for MX, my shoulders and arms burn up pretty quick now days.
Exactly. Once ive gone for a month or so it kills me to miss days. Trying to get back in a routine however...

JRT812
8/2/2017 7:42am
doofy wrote:
I have been an avid gym rat since high school and 10 years after but dropped the ball about a year ago and its like pulling...
I have been an avid gym rat since high school and 10 years after but dropped the ball about a year ago and its like pulling teeth to get back into it. Used to love it, now just feels like a job.

I assume most of the guys here do, am i wrong in that thinking? Ya know whats weird is actually my work in the gym made me go backwards on the bike. Arm pump out of this world
I was the same as you. Not sure I ever "loved" working out while doing in high school for football, but I enjoyed the shape I was in. Dropped the ball and starting enjoying my workout secession which was based on me running to the front door to pay the pizza man for a few years.

Actually, started back this week feeling like my belly was larger than my (at the time) pregnant wife's belly. Holy crap I mentally felt like a pile of shit haha. It sucks in the beginning especially by yourself, but push through it.

The Shop

rpoint116
8/2/2017 9:41am Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 9:44am
I'm 54 and haven't been to the gym in the past 7 years because my lower back. I really miss it. I'm 6'4", 190 pounds. I'd go out 3 to 4 times a week just for an hour. Nothing crazy,It felt good. Stretch, weights, cardio.

My wife goes 3 to 4 times a week. I'm proud of her. She's in very good
shape and looks great for 12 years old. (Leap year)
Mr. G
8/2/2017 10:06am
Been doing it since 1988. At 52 now, it's hard to recover so had to back it down a bit. Still like it but have to deal with rotator cuffs like an under Fed Ethiopian midget girl.
Mr. G
8/2/2017 10:12am
Seriously though in addition to cardio the one thing that made it so my hands never got tired or pumped up was playing in a drum line. Super high rep and intense. One can't just go out and join a drum line but one can find another way to get high intensity and reps.
8/2/2017 12:21pm
I hit the gym 5 times a week at my work unless I ride one day during the week. I mix it up between the rower, treadmill, and stationary. Just signed up for a yoga class once a week as well to stay limber and flexible for those occasional dirt samples
doofy
8/2/2017 12:46pm
I was prescribed testosterone cyponate several years ago, not making any connection between that and the 20lbs leam muscle i put on... thats what made the gym really addicting. Now that ive been of test for a couple years my energy has flatlined. When im not on it, its like pissing in the wind going to the gym. I can work myself into the dirt and nothing comes of it
8/2/2017 1:37pm
doofy wrote:
I was prescribed testosterone cyponate several years ago, not making any connection between that and the 20lbs leam muscle i put on... thats what made the...
I was prescribed testosterone cyponate several years ago, not making any connection between that and the 20lbs leam muscle i put on... thats what made the gym really addicting. Now that ive been of test for a couple years my energy has flatlined. When im not on it, its like pissing in the wind going to the gym. I can work myself into the dirt and nothing comes of it
Hard to compete with the stuff, natural test tapers off after 40, should think a lot of prescriptions are handed out for 'hormone deficiencies'
MR. X
8/2/2017 1:41pm
I miss going to the gym when it didn't feel like work ,when I used to rush home from work and hurry to the gym.
APLMAN99
8/2/2017 3:10pm
doofy wrote:
I was prescribed testosterone cyponate several years ago, not making any connection between that and the 20lbs leam muscle i put on... thats what made the...
I remember being told a while back that taking supplemental testosterone makes the body shut down it's own production even more, and often times it never really ramps back up again. Not sure if that's been debunked or not, but I saw the same Dr. that TFS used in Torrance and that doctor said that once you used it you'd probably use it forever.

That guy had a pill or cream for everything, though, and he just happened to have it for sale right in his own clinic........!
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
8/2/2017 6:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2017 7:02pm
First, testosterone tapers off in men, naturally, for a reason. I will simply say that I have my opinon on supp testosterone and am more cautious about which patients may get it. Im naturally skeptical about doing things that contradict normal physiological cycle processes. Especially for elective treatments (not absolute but as a rule of thumb).

There are legit medical reasons for supp testosterone, but that is a small population number.

Second, IMO, yoga is greatly under appreciated for getting into and staying in shape. If you never done it, I would be willing to bet most will be shocked at how hard it can be (Im not talking the 45 min meditation sessions). It has many other upsides too!

Just my .02 cents, and prolly not worth that.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
8/3/2017 6:39am
I've been all over the place with gyms off and on. Now I have a bosu ball and yoga ball at home and do stuff on my own then ride bicycles outside. I like the idea of being in a gym and having someone tell me what to do but these days that is a lot of money every month.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
8/3/2017 6:50am Edited Date/Time 8/4/2017 8:01pm
Bought the Peloton bike 2 weeks ago. Haven't missed a day yet and did 5 spin classes yesterday. It is actually pretty addictive. The seat hurt a bit and have dual gel seat covers on it now but other than that i am impressed.
doofy
8/3/2017 8:23am
doofy wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
I remember being told a while back that taking supplemental testosterone makes the body shut down it's own production even more, and often times it never...
I remember being told a while back that taking supplemental testosterone makes the body shut down it's own production even more, and often times it never really ramps back up again. Not sure if that's been debunked or not, but I saw the same Dr. that TFS used in Torrance and that doctor said that once you used it you'd probably use it forever.

That guy had a pill or cream for everything, though, and he just happened to have it for sale right in his own clinic........!
Its absolutely true, but at age 22 i was no longer naturally producing testosterone anyway so i had nothing to lose. I was written a script for a 1ml shot per week the rest of my life but i take long breaks off of it as there are many health risks with just staying on year round.

Like i said i only took 100mg/wk. The guys supplementing their steroid cycles often use 700-800wk.

Its hard to find a good balance when your om test your estrogen will also skyrocket to combat all the testosterone. You cant outsmart the human body
Mr. G
8/3/2017 9:44am
DHEA and DIM to block estrogen. You're welcome.
doofy
8/3/2017 10:59am
I used aromasin as an AI. Clomid gave me bad acne. I still have boxes and boxes of post cycle crap.

Prolly gonna hop back on here soon
Mr. G
8/3/2017 1:00pm
If steroids were legal I would probably do a small cycle of Deca.
doofy
8/3/2017 3:08pm
Deca and tren are both no joke. Deca will put size on you like crazy and tren will get you leaned out like crazy. They used to have a legal supplement that was literally deca in pill form called "dieselbolan". It didnt stay around long.

I think everyone first cycle should be test only. Not many crazy side effect with test, its very simple comapred to anabolics. Both deca and tren will cause your prolactin to sky rocket - aka "deca dick". Cystic acne, hard on your liver, all kinds of fun stuff. Tren makes you sweat like a pig also
8/3/2017 3:28pm
No natural test production? No wonder training is hard, it can't be healthy either? You run an AI on 100mg a week? Thought that was about natural levels surprised you would need oestrogen control.
doofy
8/3/2017 5:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2017 5:34pm
No natural test production? No wonder training is hard, it can't be healthy either? You run an AI on 100mg a week? Thought that was about...
No natural test production? No wonder training is hard, it can't be healthy either? You run an AI on 100mg a week? Thought that was about natural levels surprised you would need oestrogen control.
I took a medication in my early 20s that made me stop producing testosterone naturally. I chased my tail for a bit then finally got bloodwork and my total t level came back at 89. A healthy 22yo male should be 700 or so.

I continued to monotor by levels (you can find labs and pay for your own tests without seeing a doc) and at 100mg wk my e2 (estradiol) was at 60. I didnt have gyno or anything but my nutz ached like a mofo and i was kinda retaining some water.

You can run 100mg/week standalone and be fine. Infact if a doc is giving you the Rx they wont even mention anything else usually. Ive had the gel before but never used it, heard too many bad things about it. If you're afraid of needles... stand down. The needle used for test looks like a coffee straw cause the serum is so thick.

I cant imagine how powerful a tool testosterone would be to a mx racer who trains their ass off. Lance used it.

And yes you are also correct when you say docs are very willing to write scripts for it. Well, not a general practice doc but these "vitality clinics" will in a heart beat, even if it isnt real low. Which i think is foolish, unless you really have a problem - or you are committed and know that you may not rebound after coming off which also will probably not be explained to you. Docs are either conpletely careless and dont know shit about what they are handing out or are conpletely evil.
Mr. G
8/4/2017 5:24pm
At 52 I'm guessing my test level isn't what it used to be. I know my recovery has dropped for sure. I do get a kick with dhea and dim. They have tried to make it prescription only which they wouldn't waste their time if it did nothing.
By the way remember Hot Stuff? That shit worked until they were forced to change the recipe. Rumor is it had D-bol in it.
Mr. G
8/4/2017 7:43pm
Use the hideous music to increase aggression.
71Fish
8/6/2017 6:43am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2017 6:45am
At 46 I set a personal best deadlift, successfully compete in jiu jitsu against guy in their 20s/30s and get a hard on when I need it.
I had my test checked 2 years ago, mainly out of curiosity. It was high/normal for my age so for now I'm good. Nice to know there services available if I need it.
NorCal 50+
8/6/2017 10:56am
Gyms are too expensive for me and I hate the driving and changing and all that.
I just drop and do three sets of 20 push-ups every day. No gear required and it takes like a minute. My 3 y.o daughter gets on my back while I do them for extra weight.
I ride my mountain bike with my daughter on the back while Momma runs. But I am not really an example since I have no program- but I am going to work on it.
Hah- my three year old just looked over when I was typing this and said "push-ups Daddy?" We just got back from bike-riding,
Mr. G
8/6/2017 4:45pm
Just for fun I once quit going to the gym for one month and just did push ups, 500 per day. So after 15,500 push ups later my rotator cuffs were killing me but it was fun. By the way I used to know a guy that trained with Jack Lalane who holds the record for 1000 consecutive pushups followed by 1000 pull ups! This guy told me that Jack had a physiology where he got no lactic acid build up. No burn! Must be nice
JAFO92
8/7/2017 4:30am
peelout wrote:
[img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SQWrGzTCDyE/hqdefault.jpg[/img]
Speak for yourself chicken legs......

Post a reply to: whos hittin the gym?

The Latest