who here carries a firearm all the time?

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 7/28/2015 9:28am
I do. If you follow the news a tall how could you not carry if you have a family?

10 to 15 illegals kill Americans a day they said in hearings today. More turned loose daily.

Here,the jail is like a revolving door,same people rob and steal weekly.

I have no permit,no guns registered, fear of the feds knowing I have guns drives that.

If caught I cross that bridge then .
|
hillbilly
7/21/2015 4:06pm
rosebud441 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/07/21/98329/s1200_bart0gun.jpg[/img]

Mine fits the pocket but will penetrate thru a engine block,lol.
MR. X
7/21/2015 4:07pm
No pistols in our home ,shotguns and rifles ,my wife and I are expecting our first child on Christmas day,we made plans to take the pistol permit course. I would feel better knowing that my child is raised to respect firearms and not be uneducated and scared of them.
Sunhouse
7/21/2015 4:34pm
hillbilly wrote:
I do. If you follow the news a tall how could you not carry if you have a family? 10 to 15 illegals kill Americans a...
I do. If you follow the news a tall how could you not carry if you have a family?

10 to 15 illegals kill Americans a day they said in hearings today. More turned loose daily.

I have no permit,no guns registered, fear of the feds knowing I have guns drives that.

Will you be seeing that revolving door if caught?

The Shop

MR. X
7/21/2015 5:31pm
motogeezer wrote:
[img]https://image.slidesharecdn.com/mentalillness-120506123010-phpapp02/95/mental-illness-paranoia-ocd-5-728.jpg[/img]
Good point ,i have to go outside now and take the spare tires out of our cars and throw them out ,i should probably get rid of our smoke detectors and fire extinguishers while im getting rid of anything that would classify me as paranoid.
7/21/2015 6:11pm
motogeezer wrote:
[img]https://image.slidesharecdn.com/mentalillness-120506123010-phpapp02/95/mental-illness-paranoia-ocd-5-728.jpg[/img]
I feel signs like this are created just to make people feel some sort of guilt for being prepared while the person posting it suffers from delusions that they are 10 feet tall and bullet proof.

I have a conceal carry permit.....but have yet to use it to hide a gun on me. I simply avoid places where potential exists for a shootout.
I mainly got mine so I can carry one inside my coat while out hunting.
mxenthusiast
7/21/2015 6:25pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2015 6:30pm
hillbilly wrote:
I do. If you follow the news a tall how could you not carry if you have a family? 10 to 15 illegals kill Americans a...

Violent crime is way down in almost all cities across the nation. The murder rate in TN is 1/2 of what it was in 1996. Right now, in the US, is the most safe time in the past 50 years. TN has about 6.6 million residents and had 229 cleared murders state wide in 2014. That is insanely low compared to previous decades.

The US is crazy safe right now, contrary to what you see on TV.

The 1990's make today look like we live in utopia. So, I'm not sure where all the "I need to be armed" stuff comes from.

To clarify, I'm not anti-gun. My Dad has at least 400 guns, he is a collector, and a champion Skeet/tTrap shooter. But even he says he has no need to carry.
AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
7/21/2015 7:13pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2015 7:17pm
Violent crime is way down in almost all cities across the nation. The murder rate in TN is 1/2 of what it was in 1996. Right...
Violent crime is way down in almost all cities across the nation. The murder rate in TN is 1/2 of what it was in 1996. Right now, in the US, is the most safe time in the past 50 years. TN has about 6.6 million residents and had 229 cleared murders state wide in 2014. That is insanely low compared to previous decades.

The 1990's make today look like we live in utopia. So, I'm not sure where all the "I need to be armed" stuff comes from.

To clarify, I'm not anti-gun. My Dad has at least 400 guns, he is a collector, and a champion Skeet/tTrap shooter. But even he says he has no need to carry.
Great first post Bro.

We need more folks like you on here from DC with facts and figures supporting your anti-gun agenda. Tell your facts to victims and their families of violent crime that it is going down and there is no need to be able to protect themselves from criminals. I am sure they will see the light and shut the F up.

Make the short trip to Baltimore if you really think it is "crazy safe" in the US now.

Dumbass Troll.

h&m_cycle
7/21/2015 7:21pm
hillbilly wrote:

Protect your family & yourself... But be Careful, I can imagine the penalties are more severe if you're sauced up...
mxenthusiast
7/21/2015 7:23pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2015 7:55pm
Violent crime is way down in almost all cities across the nation. The murder rate in TN is 1/2 of what it was in 1996. Right...

AHRMA361 wrote:
Great first post Bro. We need more folks like you on here from DC with facts and figures supporting your anti-gun agenda. Tell your facts to...
Great first post Bro.

We need more folks like you on here from DC with facts and figures supporting your anti-gun agenda. Tell your facts to victims and their families of violent crime that it is going down and there is no need to be able to protect themselves from criminals. I am sure they will see the light and shut the F up.

Make the short trip to Baltimore if you really think it is "crazy safe" in the US now.

Dumbass Troll.

First of all, I'm not anti-gun. I don't believe guns should be banned. Banning things never works. Alcohol consumption increased under prohibition, organized crime increased under prohibition. Drug use has not been curbed by prohibition. Banning guns will only create a black market for guns.

I only think its funny that people believe the US is soooo dangerous right now, and need to carry weapons for protection. Its an odd thing considering the US has the lowest crime rate across the board going back about 50 years.

I lived in Baltimore, came to DC for work. Baltimore is a shit hole but does not represent the US and definitely is not rundown by immigrants, as the original poster surmised. BUT, the murders in Baltimore are not UP, check the actual data. Baltimore has always been a shit hole, well, at least the last 15 years.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Baltimore-Maryland.html 7 of 8 CRIME STATS ARE DOWN FROM 2001.

Stop perpetuating the bullshit TROLL!

As a side note, check out the crime/murder rates in your own state. Murder rate is almost 1/2 what it was in 1980.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/ohcrime.htm

Murder/Violent Crime etc has decreased a ton since 1980. It has stayed similar the past 10 years IN OHIO, but that is because the north of Ohio has become useless. Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown and all the cities up there are no longer needed. Industry has died and they are just a cesspool of hangers on. All the useful Americans left for greener pastures.
MR. X
7/21/2015 7:26pm
hillbilly wrote:

h&m_cycle wrote:
Protect your family & yourself... But be Careful, I can imagine the penalties are more severe if you're sauced up...
Something tells me that where hillbilly comes from you don't call the LEOs after you protect yourself.
AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
7/21/2015 7:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2015 7:58pm
First of all, I'm not anti-gun. I don't believe guns should be banned. Banning things never works. Alcohol consumption increased under prohibition, organized crime increased under...
First of all, I'm not anti-gun. I don't believe guns should be banned. Banning things never works. Alcohol consumption increased under prohibition, organized crime increased under prohibition. Drug use has not been curbed by prohibition. Banning guns will only create a black market for guns.

I only think its funny that people believe the US is soooo dangerous right now, and need to carry weapons for protection. Its an odd thing considering the US has the lowest crime rate across the board going back about 50 years.

I lived in Baltimore, came to DC for work. Baltimore is a shit hole but does not represent the US and definitely is not rundown by immigrants, as the original poster surmised. BUT, the murders in Baltimore are not UP, check the actual data. Baltimore has always been a shit hole, well, at least the last 15 years.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Baltimore-Maryland.html 7 of 8 CRIME STATS ARE DOWN FROM 2001.

As a side note, check out the crime/murder rates in your own state. Murder rate is almost 1/2 what it was in 1980.

Murder/Violent Crime etc has decreased a ton since 1980. It has stayed similar the past 10 years IN OHIO, but that is because the north of Ohio has become useless. Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown and all the cities up there are no longer needed. Industry has died and they are just a cesspool of hangers on. All the useful Americans left for greener pastures.
You actually are the one perpetuating the bullshit. You also are the Newbie, anti-gun Troll.

You missed the point. Even when murders are "down" as you state, it is only good news if it is "eliminated".

Until then, take your reasoning for anti-gun, anti-Second Amendment facts and shove them.

Hopefully your "Champion-skeet-shooter-400-gun-owning-Daddy" that sees no reason to carry and apparently thinks nobody else should, and who is your justification as to why nobody should have the right to protect themselves, is never a victim of violent crime. What a bitch to have to deal with the 400+ guns he left you in the will.

Troll on phony newbie, anti-gun Troll.
mxenthusiast
7/21/2015 8:03pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2015 8:12pm
First of all, I'm not anti-gun. I don't believe guns should be banned. Banning things never works. Alcohol consumption increased under prohibition, organized crime increased under...

AHRMA361 wrote:
You actually are the one perpetuating the bullshit. You also are the Newbie, anti-gun Troll. You missed the point. Even when murders are "down" as you...
You actually are the one perpetuating the bullshit. You also are the Newbie, anti-gun Troll.

You missed the point. Even when murders are "down" as you state, it is only good news if it is "eliminated".

Until then, take your reasoning for anti-gun, anti-Second Amendment facts and shove them.

Hopefully your "Champion-skeet-shooter-400-gun-owning-Daddy" that sees no reason to carry and apparently thinks nobody else should, and who is your justification as to why nobody should have the right to protect themselves, is never a victim of violent crime. What a bitch to have to deal with the 400+ guns he left you in the will.

When did I say no person should have the right to carry a weapon. I only mention that its weird people feel the NEED to carry a weapon when today is the safest time of their entire life. Its odd to me. I will hazard a guess that I have more guns than you will ever own in your life, but I don't carry any on me during my normal day. I can't imagine being so scared in life that I felt the need to carry a weapon with me everywhere I go. I would find that quite pathetic.

Just to reiterate, I don't believe American Citizens should be banned from carrying weapons. I just find it odd that so many Americans are so afraid for their lives, that they feel the need to carry weapons. I have zero fear each day and carry zero weapons.

Oh, one last thing, what bullshit have I perpetuated? Actual facts? Please tell me, I am curious.

Actually, this is the last thing, I am a newbie on this site, however I have been around since Whipit, from maybe 1998, so not really a newbie to MX message boards.
Electro21
Fantasy
79th
7/21/2015 8:21pm

AHRMA361 wrote:
You actually are the one perpetuating the bullshit. You also are the Newbie, anti-gun Troll. You missed the point. Even when murders are "down" as you...

What does being a "Newbie" have to do with anything? All you are doing is cutting the guy down and sounding like an idiot. Your post on this topic make you a poster child for a reason to ban guns.
7/21/2015 8:28pm
I've had a CCP since the month it was first legal. Took a CLEET certified armed security guard class prior to my state allowing CCPs and had to pass rigorous shooting tests that was conducted by an ex military sniper who was at the time a Highway Patrol sniper and firearms instructor for them as well. Serious course, had to qualify both day and night shooting at 50 yards. Good stuff.

After we got married my wife wanted to get her CCP and I was all for it.

Neither one of us carry full time but aren't afraid to either where it is legal. That's one of the big problems, so many limitations.

Never far from one if needed though. I've never had to even grab one and hope to never have to, but damn sure wouldn't be afraid to if necessary.
agn5009
7/21/2015 8:59pm
I carry all the time. Argue all you want about crime statistics or whatever but the fact is anything can happen anytime. It only takes one instance where you may need to use a gun to protect yourself or a loved one. And that goes for walking the streets or even in the woods. There was a incident a few years ago where a father and his daughter (around 5 years old, I don't remember the exact age) were simply hiking in the woods. A coyote jumped out and mauled the dad. He amazingly got the little girl into a tree to protect her but he died. Fuck that. That will never happen to me or my child.
Brosho
7/21/2015 9:03pm
Some people keep saying

"If everyone carry guns, there will be less mass shootings, or the mass shooter would be immediately killed and lives will be saved"

But if someone decide to be a Hero and take out thier concealed carry gun and start shooting at the "Threat" and happen to shoot someone I love or care about because his AIM is not as great as he thought it was. I feel that person who TRIED to be a hero should also go to prison for the rest of his life with the Other shooter.

If you decide to shoot you had better hit the intended target, if not and you hurt or kill someone else, you should be convicted of murder also.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/21/2015 9:25pm
Say hello to my little friend............Para companion .45 single stack

another little friend.

APLMAN99
7/22/2015 2:35am
hillbilly wrote:

Amazing that they didn't find that weapon during that time they hauled you to jail over your lack of a valid license.......

Perhaps instead of a prison wallet you were using a prison holster?
7/22/2015 5:07am
Brosho wrote:
Some people keep saying "If everyone carry guns, there will be less mass shootings, or the mass shooter would be immediately killed and lives will be...
Some people keep saying

"If everyone carry guns, there will be less mass shootings, or the mass shooter would be immediately killed and lives will be saved"

But if someone decide to be a Hero and take out thier concealed carry gun and start shooting at the "Threat" and happen to shoot someone I love or care about because his AIM is not as great as he thought it was. I feel that person who TRIED to be a hero should also go to prison for the rest of his life with the Other shooter.

If you decide to shoot you had better hit the intended target, if not and you hurt or kill someone else, you should be convicted of murder also.
I actually agree with this 100%. Its serious business when one decides to carry a gun and along with that comes MASSIVE responsibility! I wouldnt take it lightly and neither should anyone else. And I believe that the high majority of people that carry are responsible.

You get a few twitchy buffoons that fuck it up for everyone else and derive some sort of fear stat that only points out the accidents.

The new poster above tries to point out stats that the US is a safer place than 20 years ago......
Doesnt point out that more people are armed to the freekin teeth than 20 years ago either.

huck
7/22/2015 5:43am
Every time I travel, i have a pistol in my truck. Would I ever want to get in a 'shoot out' with somebody? Hell no! I also hope that my house never burns to the ground....but that doesn't stop me from having insurance on it.
7/22/2015 5:51am
I used to all the time, but rarely do anymore. I make it a point to be armed when traveling, or when going to, or through, a known area of criminal activity. Shotgun is always ready here at the house for home protection.
huck
7/22/2015 5:55am
motogeezer wrote:
There's a difference of being afraid/paranoid and being prepared.

The thought of being robbed doesn't scare me. The thought of my family being harmed and me not being able to help them does.

7/22/2015 5:57am
huck wrote:
Every time I travel, i have a pistol in my truck. Would I ever want to get in a 'shoot out' with somebody? Hell no! I...
Every time I travel, i have a pistol in my truck. Would I ever want to get in a 'shoot out' with somebody? Hell no! I also hope that my house never burns to the ground....but that doesn't stop me from having insurance on it.
WinkSmile
Sandberm
7/22/2015 6:07am
I carry a small pocket knife for snakes and such.

hillbilly
7/22/2015 6:42am
hillbilly wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
Amazing that they didn't find that weapon during that time they hauled you to jail over your lack of a valid license....... Perhaps instead of a...
Amazing that they didn't find that weapon during that time they hauled you to jail over your lack of a valid license.......

Perhaps instead of a prison wallet you were using a prison holster?
When i get in the vehicle i stick it between the seats.

What had me real worried was 2 jars of shine that were for a friend that never hooked up.

I forgot to pour it out and it was in a cooler ,in the bed of the truck,against the tailgate. All he had to do was open the camper top and there it woulda been.

Id still be in jail I guess.
7/22/2015 6:43am
Sandberm wrote:

Laughing

You're being paranoid, overarmed!

Just swing them around and snap their heads off like a bullwhip.

Smile
hillbilly
7/22/2015 6:48am
hillbilly wrote:

h&m_cycle wrote:
MR. X wrote:
Something tells me that where hillbilly comes from you don't call the LEOs after you protect yourself.
I would not call the law for help,ever.

To say the US is crazy safe is fine till that day it happens to you.

I had a pistol stuck in my face in 1981 by a kid that had just robbed a likker store. He was desperate and I thought I was dead. I helped him calm down and he ran into the bushes.

Got shot at one day surveying a tract of mountain land,the round hit a rock 2 feet from my head,not sure if he missed or hit what he aimed at.

Had knives pulled on me at bars but that doesn't take a gun to handle.
MR. X
7/22/2015 8:20am
Sandberm wrote:

Laughing

You're being paranoid, overarmed!

Just swing them around and snap their heads off like a bullwhip.

Smile
Last time I tried to crack a bull whip ,I nearly took my fucking ear off .

Post a reply to: who here carries a firearm all the time?

The Latest