whats the dealio

MudPup545
3/27/2018 5:22am
Slayer. One band that never strayed from what they do best. No songs written to be radio hits. Nope, just solid, face shredding metal. When you purchase a Slayer album.....you get a Slayer album.
motosmith
3/27/2018 10:38am
B DUB 333 wrote:
I love music. Really aggressive loud punch you in face shit, even older rock. Van Halen and senses fail are my two favorite bands. I ask...
I love music. Really aggressive loud punch you in face shit, even older rock. Van Halen and senses fail are my two favorite bands. I ask this, why does every band start to suck and change their style after say 5-10 years or after success? Van Halen was great until 1984, after Roth left things went down hill. Sames with senses fail, they were unbelievable for like five albums and then all of the sudden.... crap. I can think of a LOT of bands that fell into this model, why? It's like they just abandoned the people who flipping supported them! Anyone here in the biz or have a reason why? It drives me nuts. Where's my AR.....
FastEddy wrote:
They try to evolve in a musical sense I suppose to bring in a broader audience. I suppose it's a gamble for them...but pays off often.Whether...
They try to evolve in a musical sense I suppose to bring in a broader audience. I suppose it's a gamble for them...but pays off often.Whether it's a personal accomplishment or financial etc..
Seen it with bands from Metallica to old hardcore punk bands like C.O.C and NW hardcore/punk bands that turned into more grunge/alt bands etc. then went mainstream.
Chris Cornell(who passed last year) or even a guy like Dave Grohl would be good examples how they've changed musically from the start of their careers. For those 2 guys they got more successful over the years.

IMO
As for Halen....with Roth he was more of the in your face front man leading the band and in the limelight with a hard rock image.
With Hagar I think they worked together more as a band in a musical sense each contributing equally.
Again...it's like they jumped into more of mainstream sound then harder rock sound with that lineup.

Fast Eddie's always been into "Bon Jovi" if you know what I mean.

FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
3/27/2018 10:46am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2018 10:46am
motosmith wrote:
Fast Eddie's always been into "Bon Jovi" if you know what I mean. [img]https://www.theindustryobserver.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Screen-shot-2017-12-14-at-12.52.25-PM.png[/img]
Fast Eddie's always been into "Bon Jovi" if you know what I mean.

Hahaha!
Tell the truth,Slick.
You are the ultimate Bon Jovi ,Def leopard listening mullet king!

The Shop

IWreckALot
3/29/2018 8:32am
Incubus is a band that started off as original and pretty hard core and what they are today isn't even a resemblance to what they were when they started.

Gotta say that Tool has stayed relatively true to their original form. I chalk that up to Maynard being one of the most hard core never sellout guys in the biz.

Post a reply to: whats the dealio

The Latest