what are you listening to?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/13/2017 3:21 AM

Im sure theres been a thread like this before but im a music fanatic and always looking for new stuff to listen to...

Anyway, ill start myself. The last fee years i discovered jonny craig in emarosa and have listened to their 2010 self titled album on repeat. That and anything with dallas green, tons of city and colour too. I feel those are 2 of the best voices and creative, gifted artists on the planet. It bums me out how garbage mainstream music is yet hardly anyone knows these guys.

|

4/13/2017 4:28 AM

A moment of silence before it goes crazy here at work.

|

4/13/2017 4:37 AM

Man I'm old.

|

4/13/2017 4:47 AM

this.....fuckin LOL

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

4/13/2017 5:57 AM

What am I listening to? Its chicken-fried Thursday.

|

"We don't rent pigs."

4/13/2017 6:20 AM

Minneapolis - Power Trip morning show
Chicago - Man Cow Mueller
Milwaukee - Bob and Brian
Elsewhere - Bob and Tom
Rush middays for a bit
Metal to keep me awake the rest of the day
Absolutely no Korntry

|

4/13/2017 6:29 AM

This is a local Dallas band from 2008. I saw them at a small hole in the wall concert bar. They were one of the more "showey" bands I ever saw there. I was scrolling through my iPod (3rd generation) the other day and came across them so I bought their album on iTunes. It's actually a pretty good listen.

|

4/13/2017 6:29 AM

I also started listening to The Used again here recently. Not sure what my obsession with early 2000's bands is lately.

|

4/13/2017 7:24 AM

Volbeat. Hooked on them pretty big right now.

|

4/13/2017 8:23 AM

Russ - Yung God

|

Yamaha YZ125

4/13/2017 10:01 AM

Can't believe I'm only just now listening to this record! It seems like a great forgotten 70s masterpiece.
Photo

|

4/13/2017 10:10 AM

Been listening to clips of Sour Shoes prank calls. Dude is a genius....and completely insane.

|

4/13/2017 10:14 AM

|

4/13/2017 11:06 AM

Volbeat and opeth hell yeah!

Anyone ever heard of a band called misery signals? Their album controller is another one of those i can listen to beginning to end on repeat. Every song on there is a masterpiece.

Kinda stuck on this song "edge of the earth" by volumes lately.

|

4/13/2017 11:07 AM

Ryan sipes is a huge volbeat fan btw

|

4/13/2017 11:08 AM

I just listen to podcasts in the car . I wouldn't know a cool song if it ran up and kicked me in the ass.

|

4/13/2017 11:32 AM

Right now ? Obscure 70's surf instrumentals. Background office music

|

4/13/2017 11:40 AM

IWreckALot wrote:

This is a local Dallas band from 2008. I saw them at a small hole in the wall concert bar. They were one of the more "showey" ...more

You happen to remember Tripping Daisy?

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

4/13/2017 12:14 PM

kzizok wrote:

Ha. I do remember that band. "I got a girl".

That was good stuff back in the day.

|

4/13/2017 12:51 PM

I've been into Chevelle and Black Label Society.

|

4/13/2017 1:45 PM

This will drop your panties, At least I hope so... provocateur avant le lettre tongue wink
https://open.spotify.com/embed/album/3Z7mPCcnwAzU7GtsRYf0HA

|

4/13/2017 2:04 PM

Travis Meadows Killing Uncle Buzzy. Check it out

|

4/13/2017 2:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2017 2:58 PM

doofy wrote:

Im sure theres been a thread like this before but im a music fanatic and always looking for new stuff to listen to...

Anyway, ...more

Small world – my old business partner and I designed a lot of the album artwork /marketing materials for Emarosa & Jonny Craig throughout the years.

I'm all over the map these days but some of the artists todays playlist has included:
Strung Out
UnderOath
Rage Against the Machine
Minus the Bear
Portugal. The Man.
Brick + Mortar
Nina Simone
Jeff Buckley
Watsky
Kweku Collins
Lewis Del Mar
Bob Dylan

|

4/13/2017 3:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2017 3:32 PM

Stoneface wrote:

Can't believe I'm only just now listening to this record! It seems like a great forgotten 70s masterpiece.
Photo

OMG!! Masterpiece is right. In the L.P. format the way it is broken down into 4 movements is the way it should be heard. Some real gems in there. A little context: Stills was getting over his breakup with Judy Collins when this was recorded. I was fortunate enough to see them when they were touring behind this record. What a show. Puts a date on me. grin Right now I am listening to Caroline by Concrete Blond & Fadeaway by the BoDeans. Good stuff.

|

4/13/2017 4:55 PM

BMSOBx2 wrote:

OMG!! Masterpiece is right. In the L.P. format the way it is broken down into 4 movements is the way it should be heard. Some ...more

Concrete Blonde...yes.

?ecver=2" width="480" height="360
|

4/13/2017 5:00 PM

I've been checking out Dream Car lately. It's the dudes from No Doubt without Gwen Stefani, using Davey Havoc from AFI as a singer. They don't sound at all like No Doubt... more like '80s new wave.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

4/13/2017 5:01 PM

Must follow that up with some James. My brother's band opened for them in Austin way back when. Excellent show. Club owner was so impressed with my brother's band that he hired them to open for Right Said Fred a couple night later.laughing They did have the number one song at the time, so there is that!

|

4/13/2017 5:06 PM

And fuck it, I'm going to tie a bandana around my ankle for the drive home.laughing Long day at work, 13 hours of hectic pace. Charlie Sexton for the win.

|

4/13/2017 5:11 PM

IWreckALot wrote:

This is a local Dallas band from 2008. I saw them at a small hole in the wall concert bar. They were one of the more "showey" ...more

kzizok wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:

Ha. I do remember that band. "I got a girl".

That was good stuff back in the day.

I remember (actually, not much) many a night watching them in Norman or Deep Ellum! The glory days!

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

4/13/2017 5:12 PM

Right now into the new KXM record Scatterbrain.
Old dudes still killing it.

|