was it 26

hillbilly
12/27/2016 10:50am
Was listening to some old Charlie Daniels and found a cover by Chris Stapleton

I like it better

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkSJkgqVmHU

Going thru old raw country albums while i drink the day away.

Waylon is coming up.
|
MR. X
12/27/2016 10:58am
No Jerry Reed?

The Shop

JRT812
12/27/2016 1:25pm
You should move Chris Stapleton's into the mix. Actual new country without the new country BS flavor you hear. One of the best CD's I have heard in a long time. Puts on a hell of a concert also. Fun fact and still find it odd, but he shot a music video at one of the hospital's that I was in management at. Small hospital in the middle of nowhere.
brlatm
12/27/2016 2:08pm
I have him, Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbell and Paul Cauthen on my usual mix.

I have no clue what that new country bullshit is but good lord it's awful. I'll stick to my Texas Country and the old stuff.
Hut
12/27/2016 2:17pm
I think I could add that guy to my country mix of older stuff. Most of the new stuff I have heard ain't for me. I usually end up listening to a mix of George Strait, Chris Ledoux, Moe Bandy and the like when the mood strikes.
12/27/2016 6:57pm
Not one mention of Casey Donahew Band, Pat Green, Stoney Larue, Jason Boland, Brandon Rhyder, Whiskey Myers, Cody Canada, Robert Earl Keen, Jackson Taylor, or Blackberry Smoke? There is so much good music out there. Abandon the radio and get on Apple Music or Spotify.
Hut
12/27/2016 7:03pm Edited Date/Time 12/27/2016 7:08pm
I just added Blackberry Smoke to iHeartRadio it sounds ok so far. I will have to check some of these out. Thanks
I listen to outlaw country on Sirius radio sometimes when I'm in the mood.
JAFO92
12/27/2016 7:14pm
brlatm wrote:
I have him, Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbell and Paul Cauthen on my usual mix. I have no clue what that new country bullshit is but good...
I have him, Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbell and Paul Cauthen on my usual mix.

I have no clue what that new country bullshit is but good lord it's awful. I'll stick to my Texas Country and the old stuff.
Speaking of Texas boys, you listen to Seth James? Love this one by him:

https://youtu.be/gHjlt7t8lvw
borg
12/27/2016 7:42pm
A good old friend since the 3rd grade loves Hays Carll and he wanted to learn how to play this song. So I taught him the chords. I don't do country but I made him sing it and I did the rest. He has never sung a song in his life. Not too bad. I'll bet hillbilly knows who Hays Carll is.

hillbilly
12/27/2016 8:07pm
borg wrote:
A good old friend since the 3rd grade loves Hays Carll and he wanted to learn how to play this song. So I taught him the...
A good old friend since the 3rd grade loves Hays Carll and he wanted to learn how to play this song. So I taught him the chords. I don't do country but I made him sing it and I did the rest. He has never sung a song in his life. Not too bad. I'll bet hillbilly knows who Hays Carll is.

Yes i do. Saw him on Imus.

Had PBS on one nite and bluegrass underground was on,its taped in a cave between Chattanooga and Nashville.

Saw this guy and thought wow, he did "live oak" and "cover me up" i think it is. Jason isbell is awsome.

There is a lot of good new guys,eric church is one.

I wanted to get tore down on old stuff, i did,came back around and ready to go allnite,

Guess i will be drinking alone, bout the best really,

Hillbilly signing off
hillbilly
12/28/2016 9:51am
Back on line.

Up with the sun,fixed a thermos full of thick jfg coffee and went on a walk about on the farm to clear the mind before family gets back.

Walked my fences from the frontage on the nolichucky river to backside of hillbilly ridge looking for hunter sign or tree stands.

Pulled up a log for seat and built a fire on the high knob of hillbilly ridge and sat listening to nature and the fray of a distant highway.

Turkeys and deer scratching out a living,woodpeckers,nut hatches,and 2 red tail hawks that have nested here for over a decade.

Looked at what I've busted ass all my life to own and felt pretty damn good. I hope to live long enuff to build my kids a log cabin on that knob.

Good times
JAFO92
12/28/2016 10:21am
hillbilly wrote:
Back on line. Up with the sun,fixed a thermos full of thick jfg coffee and went on a walk about on the farm to clear the...
Back on line.

Up with the sun,fixed a thermos full of thick jfg coffee and went on a walk about on the farm to clear the mind before family gets back.

Walked my fences from the frontage on the nolichucky river to backside of hillbilly ridge looking for hunter sign or tree stands.

Pulled up a log for seat and built a fire on the high knob of hillbilly ridge and sat listening to nature and the fray of a distant highway.

Turkeys and deer scratching out a living,woodpeckers,nut hatches,and 2 red tail hawks that have nested here for over a decade.

Looked at what I've busted ass all my life to own and felt pretty damn good. I hope to live long enuff to build my kids a log cabin on that knob.

Good times
https://youtu.be/R6Bya4_npng

"You ain't no kind of man if you ain't got land." ~ Delmar O'Donnell
brlatm
12/28/2016 10:49am
Not one mention of Casey Donahew Band, Pat Green, Stoney Larue, Jason Boland, Brandon Rhyder, Whiskey Myers, Cody Canada, Robert Earl Keen, Jackson Taylor, or Blackberry...
Not one mention of Casey Donahew Band, Pat Green, Stoney Larue, Jason Boland, Brandon Rhyder, Whiskey Myers, Cody Canada, Robert Earl Keen, Jackson Taylor, or Blackberry Smoke? There is so much good music out there. Abandon the radio and get on Apple Music or Spotify.
Add in William Clark Green, Josh Abbott, Eric Willis, Dalton Domino, 6 Market Blvd and Turnpike Troubadours and you gots a deal.

I listen to the Texas Red Dirt channel on Spotify. Good stuff.
brlatm
12/28/2016 10:52am
JAFO92 wrote:
Speaking of Texas boys, you listen to Seth James? Love this one by him:

https://youtu.be/gHjlt7t8lvw
Never listened to that one Bobby. Not shabby, I'll have to do some more googling on him.
12/28/2016 11:42am
Not one mention of Casey Donahew Band, Pat Green, Stoney Larue, Jason Boland, Brandon Rhyder, Whiskey Myers, Cody Canada, Robert Earl Keen, Jackson Taylor, or Blackberry...
brlatm wrote:
Add in William Clark Green, Josh Abbott, Eric Willis, Dalton Domino, 6 Market Blvd and Turnpike Troubadours and you gots a deal. I listen to the...
Add in William Clark Green, Josh Abbott, Eric Willis, Dalton Domino, 6 Market Blvd and Turnpike Troubadours and you gots a deal.

I listen to the Texas Red Dirt channel on Spotify. Good stuff.
You are my kind of People!
rosebud441
12/28/2016 2:21pm
we play both kinds of music here, county AND western
hillbilly
1/3/2017 10:16pm
Roger Miller is a tortured genius of a songwriter.

He had the most number ones off an album till mikey Jackson beat it by one with 10.

King of the road is a hell of a song.
Mini Elsinore
1/5/2017 10:37am
Doesn't surprise me a bit that Billy Hill has excellent taste in music. It's a bad ass cover. He and Sturgill are modern day outlaws.
brlatm
1/5/2017 2:15pm
Doesn't surprise me a bit that Billy Hill has excellent taste in music. It's a bad ass cover. He and Sturgill are modern day outlaws.
Sturgill is one bad hombre, he gives zero fucks about what anyone thinks. And is an insanely talented songwriter.
brlatm
1/5/2017 2:19pm
bsm121 wrote:
I was just about to throw his name in here.
He's really good.
You go to Gruenes Hall a lot? That is the epitome of good stuff comes to play there.

Post a reply to: was it 26

The Latest