to all the guys who participate in the political threads

Dean
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 8:16am
on all three sides ( Republicans, Democrats and Nerd). Do you talk as much about politics in your real lives as you do on here?

I hardly ever do.
|
Kinetic1
9/9/2009 8:02am
Just with my wife. She is obsessed with it all.
sc961
9/9/2009 8:06am
Depends on the company.

It's amazing how quiet people sometimes stay on political issues, but one comment here or there can start quite the discussion....
jmar
9/9/2009 8:06am
It's to personal to some and can harm good friendships.

The Shop

9/9/2009 8:11am
I never discuss politics or religion. I am not real knowledgable on either subject and the views that I do have are never popular.
Kinetic1
9/9/2009 8:11am
jmar wrote:
I maintain that if it is a truly good friendship differing political views won't mess with it. Then again we tend to only form good friendships with people of like views so go figure.
indy_maico
9/9/2009 8:14am
Yes.
I have friends both righties and lefties, and the discussions are spirited and (mostly) fun.
dougie
9/9/2009 8:40am
I find talking (arguing) about right vs left to be exasperating, and it show's me a side of human nature Id rather not have to confront on a daily basis Wink . I think both sides are drinking the koolaid, the difference is which side of the street they buy it on.

What I find much more interesting is talking about the economy and the stock market.
Dean
9/9/2009 8:47am
dougie wrote:
I find talking (arguing) about right vs left to be exasperating, and it show's me a side of human nature Id rather not have to confront...
I find talking (arguing) about right vs left to be exasperating, and it show's me a side of human nature Id rather not have to confront on a daily basis Wink . I think both sides are drinking the koolaid, the difference is which side of the street they buy it on.

What I find much more interesting is talking about the economy and the stock market.
how in the world do you separate the two (economy and market from politics)?
Scotty
9/9/2009 8:55am
Nope.. Except with my neighbor every once in a while. He loves this shit and will go on and on.
09450f
9/9/2009 8:59am
not that much..

politics and religion are 2 subjects that can get in between friends

this place is a great example of that..

since you guys are my moto buddies online
DSteg222
9/9/2009 9:14am
There are some that l talk with politics all the time. Couple of friends are becoming left of left and those are always entertaining. Usually talking Baseball, kids, family, the wildfires, etc etc etc with the people I chat with daily.
dougie
9/9/2009 9:39am
dougie wrote:
I find talking (arguing) about right vs left to be exasperating, and it show's me a side of human nature Id rather not have to confront...

Dean wrote:
how in the world do you separate the two (economy and market from politics)?
Most of the time its fairly easy. I can ask for instance, will Microsofts stock raise and will they hire more people when they release a new product, without looking to place blame or praise on which party is running the country.

When I think of the word "Politics" as used here on Vital I only think of this black and white, right vs left verbal barrage that goes on here daily.... "Your guy sucks and what are you going to do to defend him" probably accounts for 90% of the political discussions here.

I do believe that both Politics and Business are bed buddies. And I believe its business that runs Washington. But for the most part I think the markets do their "thing" pretty much the same way no matter whos in the Casa Blanco.
Larry
9/9/2009 9:41am
I do with people who can discuss it in a civil way.
Rooster
9/9/2009 9:47am
I avoid religious discussions like the plague. They tend to be with crazy people anyhow.

I talk politics all the time. Usually more local now that Bush is out of office.
Nerd
9/9/2009 10:19am
Yes. Maybe more.
Dean
9/9/2009 10:30am
Nerd wrote:
Yes. Maybe more.
I'm sorry to hear that.
Nerd
9/9/2009 10:33am
Nerd wrote:
Yes. Maybe more.
Dean wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that.
It's fun for me. What else do we talk about? The weather?
Dean
9/9/2009 10:52am
Nerd wrote:
Yes. Maybe more.
Dean wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that.
Nerd wrote:
I meant I'm sorry for the other people in your life- LOL
This thread has gone about the way I expected. I thought most would admit to rarely discussing it away from here.

as far as other stuff I'd rather talk about-

my list:

music
sports
history
movies

your list ( as I imagine it)

religion
evolution
debate tactics
photography techniques
Nerd
9/9/2009 11:00am
Dean wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that.
Nerd wrote:
Dean wrote:
I meant I'm sorry for the other people in your life- LOL This thread has gone about the way I expected. I thought most would admit...
I meant I'm sorry for the other people in your life- LOL
This thread has gone about the way I expected. I thought most would admit to rarely discussing it away from here.

as far as other stuff I'd rather talk about-

my list:

music
sports
history
movies

your list ( as I imagine it)

religion
evolution
debate tactics
photography techniques
No, I don't talk about photography. That's my job.

I don't really talk about religion much, either.

Politics, though, definitely. History, definitely. Sociology, definitely. Psychology, definitely.
Motodude
9/9/2009 11:05am
jmar wrote:
Good point.
09450f
9/9/2009 11:11am
anyone want to talk about SUPERMOTO..I have seen alot of Maui lately..all thanx to my trusty moto bike..2 wheels can be fun

even tho it has those block type tires..it handles good in the dirt..not the mud..

my nickname is tommy two wheeler

moto on
Nerd
9/9/2009 11:15am
jmar wrote:
Motodude wrote:
Good point.
Anyone who lets politics harm their friendship isn't really a friend.
9/9/2009 11:19am
I am a fan of tits, drinking, and hot chick stories personally. Throw in a cool car or a bad ass bike and a strip club story every now and then and it's all good.
FishBone
9/9/2009 11:22am
Larry wrote:
I do with people who can discuss it in a civil way.
STFU Tongue
FishBone
9/9/2009 11:24am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:04am
Nerd wrote:
Anyone who lets politics harm their friendship isn't really a friend.
I agree with ….

thanks for ruining my day Huh
Dean
9/9/2009 11:37am
I am a fan of tits, drinking, and hot chick stories personally. Throw in a cool car or a bad ass bike and a strip club...
I am a fan of tits, drinking, and hot chick stories personally. Throw in a cool car or a bad ass bike and a strip club story every now and then and it's all good.
I was trying to keep my list PG rated. I only cut loose on Friday's.

Sometimes on Saturdays.
Occasionally on Thursdays
Monday Night football games
oh and holidays
9/9/2009 11:47am
I am a fan of tits, drinking, and hot chick stories personally. Throw in a cool car or a bad ass bike and a strip club...
Dean wrote:
I was trying to keep my list PG rated. I only cut loose on Friday's. Sometimes on Saturdays. Occasionally on Thursdays Monday Night football games oh...

Sometimes on Saturdays.
oh and holidays
I operate on a days that end in Y system. Occasionally I surprise myself with sobriety but only to keep it interesting.
Dean
9/9/2009 12:13pm
Dean wrote:
I was trying to keep my list PG rated. I only cut loose on Friday's. Sometimes on Saturdays. Occasionally on Thursdays Monday Night football games oh...

Sometimes on Saturdays.
oh and holidays
I operate on a days that end in Y system. Occasionally I surprise myself with sobriety but only to keep it interesting.
careful or Huck will stage an "interference" on you if he thinks you're drinking too much
9/9/2009 12:21pm
Dean wrote:
careful or Huck will stage an "interference" on you if he thinks you're drinking too much
How much is too much? and is that even possible?

Post a reply to: to all the guys who participate in the political threads

The Latest