tick bites

Anyone else ever had one that just wont heal?

I got bit by a tick a long while back. I still have a fucking scab/sore from it. It's super tiny but never really goes away.

Definitely nothing from the tick still in there. It just looks like a very small pimple.

Im sure some here have experience with tick bites. Thx
|
Deja New
3/30/2019 12:34am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2019 3:09pm
Here in oz I’ve had a few bite Never anything that left a mark longer than a few days. I’ve heard all sorts of wife’s tales about the head staying and what not don’t know if it’s true or not either but I have seen them untreated cause all sorts of problems from lyme desiese to bactirial infections. I’m no doctor but anything on the skin not healing up I’d have looked at couldn’t even end up being a form of cancer, not scare mungering just my 2 cents better have it looked at that have regrets later.
3/30/2019 4:25am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2019 4:28am
You better get checked for Lyme disease. Trust me you don't want it, and most of all if you have it you definitely need to have treatment. It's one of the worst diseases out there and if untreated can cause severe complications. Do you have a bullseye type rash?
Hoseclamp
Fantasy
617th
3/30/2019 9:33am
Weve had plenty in my family. Me, wife, kids, dogs. Never seen one with a lasting mark like your describing
3/30/2019 10:51am
You better get checked for Lyme disease. Trust me you don't want it, and most of all if you have it you definitely need to have...
You better get checked for Lyme disease. Trust me you don't want it, and most of all if you have it you definitely need to have treatment. It's one of the worst diseases out there and if untreated can cause severe complications. Do you have a bullseye type rash?
Nope. Definitely not lymes disease.

From google searches it seems to be a “granolua”. Some sort of residual infection?

Nobody ever has any advice on a cure tho other than cutting chunks of skin out until it heals. Which I’ve read some say doesn’t always work on the first attempt.

The Shop

hillbilly
3/30/2019 4:08pm
I've had hundreds bit into my hide in the 50 yrs of land surveying I've done.

Yes, I ha 've little knots of like scar tissue where I tore them out of my skin in a few places.

Sometimes they itch like crazy. Never used any twizzers or finger polish to get them out ,just grab,rip,sqish,spit and dirt rub,keep workin.
SEEMEFIRST
3/30/2019 7:14pm
Anyone else ever had one that just wont heal? I got bit by a tick a long while back. I still have a fucking scab/sore from...

I got bit by a tick a long while back. I still have a fucking scab/sore from it. It's super tiny but never really goes away.

Definitely nothing from the tick still in there. It just looks like a very small pimple.

Does it show a bump? Good chance what you have is old stuff in you.

May need to lance her open to get it out..

3/30/2019 9:58pm
Anyone else ever had one that just wont heal? I got bit by a tick a long while back. I still have a fucking scab/sore from...

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Does it show a bump? Good chance what you have is old stuff in you.

May need to lance her open to get it out..

When it sorta heals over it resembles scar tissue like hillbilly described. Not much of a bump but there is a minor amount of fluid. Really minor.

I’ve lanced the thing so many damn times. Squuezed the tiny bit of clear pus, and thoroughly inspected for anything leftover from the tick.

Ive dug pretty deep a couple times. I just want the damn thing to heal over & go away finally. But then it itches a tiny bit, I lance it, and the cycle repeats.
3/30/2019 9:59pm
hillbilly wrote:
I've had hundreds bit into my hide in the 50 yrs of land surveying I've done. Yes, I ha 've little knots of like scar tissue...
I've had hundreds bit into my hide in the 50 yrs of land surveying I've done.

Yes, I ha 've little knots of like scar tissue where I tore them out of my skin in a few places.

Sometimes they itch like crazy. Never used any twizzers or finger polish to get them out ,just grab,rip,sqish,spit and dirt rub,keep workin.
You’re describing it pretty closely.

Those scar tissue knots dont ever really heal?
Jrewing
3/31/2019 3:23am
Filthiest creatures to ever exist on earth... well maybe after Man!!
In my area it’s not uncommon to develop anaphylaxis to meat after having a bad case with the paralysis ticks.. How shit is that? See I’d be cool with allergic reactions to Salads..but meat
4/1/2019 2:14am
Swab it. See what’s growing. Mrsa. Staph....nec fasc. Don’t google the last one lol.
OldPro277
4/1/2019 9:26am
You better get checked for Lyme disease. Trust me you don't want it, and most of all if you have it you definitely need to have...
You are definitely correct that you don't want to be diagnosed with Lyme disease, however the "bullseye rash" does NOT appear every time someone gets inflicted.. I'm living proof of that. I found in my struggles with Lyme,that there are many,many medical personnel that just do not have a clue about it and even less ideas on how to treat it. I did the 28 day anti-biotic treatment twice and it had zero effect. I have a golf buddy that is damn near bed-ridden from it ...definitely nasty shit!!! Fortunately I did find some remedies that worked, haven't had any symptoms in over 3 years (knock on wood)..

Jabroni--- Deja is giving good advice, anything thats not healing as expected is definitel a reason for a professional "look see". I'm sure that Georgie would recommend that as well.
4/3/2019 1:57pm
OldPro277 wrote:
You are definitely correct that you don't want to be diagnosed with Lyme disease, however the "bullseye rash" does NOT appear every time someone gets inflicted...
You are definitely correct that you don't want to be diagnosed with Lyme disease, however the "bullseye rash" does NOT appear every time someone gets inflicted.. I'm living proof of that. I found in my struggles with Lyme,that there are many,many medical personnel that just do not have a clue about it and even less ideas on how to treat it. I did the 28 day anti-biotic treatment twice and it had zero effect. I have a golf buddy that is damn near bed-ridden from it ...definitely nasty shit!!! Fortunately I did find some remedies that worked, haven't had any symptoms in over 3 years (knock on wood)..

Jabroni--- Deja is giving good advice, anything thats not healing as expected is definitel a reason for a professional "look see". I'm sure that Georgie would recommend that as well.
My health has never been better. I highly doubt it’s lyme disease.

It appears to be a granoula. But oddly, I cant find any info on curing it.
IWreckALot
4/3/2019 6:23pm
Hey....a doctor would know. Did you think of that one? Go to a pcp or a dermatologist.
Hey man, who needs a doctor. . . When you have. . . Dr vital.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
4/3/2019 10:33pm

There are different species of tick which carry diferent parasites, some bites or worse than others. Some people may suffer a allergic skin reactions, blood poisoning etc...

Clean the bite twice a day with straight Iodine And if that don't help then I will recommend a trip to the Doc for Antibiotics. Remember, prevention is better than cure...go see the Doc.

Years ago our crew were laying in the bush (in Africa) waiting to be called in for an extraction. When the call came, we hopped in (i was co-jock in a UH-1H) and got airborne...minutes later...chaos. We found literally 100's of ticks crawling over us..in our f-suits, we had to suck it up for close on two hours.

A wash down with J-A1 removed the critters and a course of ABiotics as a prevention.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
4/3/2019 11:07pm

One more thing, often when removing a tick, its head/mouth piece may be left behind under the skin. This could be your problem.

4/4/2019 8:11am

Boomslang wrote:
One more thing, often when removing a tick, its head/mouth piece may be left behind under the skin. This could be your problem.

Definitely not the case. As I already said, Ive dug deep & cut out enough. There’s no way anything was left over.
4/4/2019 8:16am
Hey....a doctor would know. Did you think of that one? Go to a pcp or a dermatologist.
I’ve done both the antibiotics & steroid cream route per doctor recommendations.

They were guessing. And neither time did the trick. I fucking hate antibiotics and what they do to a person’s gut biome.

Personal experience with ticks from members here are easily as credible as doctors who are just shooting in the dark.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
4/4/2019 10:45am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2019 10:05pm
Definitely not the case. As I already said, Ive dug deep & cut out enough. There’s no way anything was left over.
Well noted, if the sore aint going away then get on the Antibiotics.

Edit. I see you run the antibiotic ets. Im lost now . Good luch mate. Next time zi see a tick ill give it s good pounding for you.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
4/4/2019 10:50am
I’ve done both the antibiotics & steroid cream route per doctor recommendations. They were guessing. And neither time did the trick. I fucking hate antibiotics and...
I’ve done both the antibiotics & steroid cream route per doctor recommendations.

They were guessing. And neither time did the trick. I fucking hate antibiotics and what they do to a person’s gut biome.

Personal experience with ticks from members here are easily as credible as doctors who are just shooting in the dark.
Bud, im in Africa, born here, been everywhere sub-saharan...lots of ugly things here that bite, chew, rip off limbs...seen it all.

Your tick bite my require a different treatment.
swvaripper
4/5/2019 11:41pm
You definitely do not want Lyme. I went from the best shape in my life at 23 winning b races and top 10 O/As to barely running top 5 c class. I got bit at a race almost 3 years ago two weeks later thought I was dying. It’s rough shit I mean really rough. I’m not the same as before the bite. Doctors in my neck of the woods say here’s a 2 weeks cycle of amoxicillin and you’re cured. After months of not being able to function and tens of thousands in hospital bills I finally looked into other routes of treatment. Still not the same today but am getting there. I have days where I just feel like total shit, blurry vision, tingling hand/arm that got the bite, to constant chest pains. But numerous blood test xrays and mri have ruled out anything else. Sorry for the rant but Lyme truly does suck a big one and has took a lot out of me since 2016. Also ruined riding TMs for me as I had just switched to TM the race prior and leading points lol.
Kenny Lingus
4/6/2019 7:15am
swvaripper wrote:
You definitely do not want Lyme. I went from the best shape in my life at 23 winning b races and top 10 O/As to barely...
You definitely do not want Lyme. I went from the best shape in my life at 23 winning b races and top 10 O/As to barely running top 5 c class. I got bit at a race almost 3 years ago two weeks later thought I was dying. It’s rough shit I mean really rough. I’m not the same as before the bite. Doctors in my neck of the woods say here’s a 2 weeks cycle of amoxicillin and you’re cured. After months of not being able to function and tens of thousands in hospital bills I finally looked into other routes of treatment. Still not the same today but am getting there. I have days where I just feel like total shit, blurry vision, tingling hand/arm that got the bite, to constant chest pains. But numerous blood test xrays and mri have ruled out anything else. Sorry for the rant but Lyme truly does suck a big one and has took a lot out of me since 2016. Also ruined riding TMs for me as I had just switched to TM the race prior and leading points lol.
My nephew had Lyme disease and after he was "cured" he passed away in his sleep unexpectedly. There's studies out there that are finding the bacteria that causes the disease have a lasting effect on the heart making it slowly weaker over time, eventually being too weak to keep you alive.
Sierra Ranger
4/8/2019 11:19am
swvaripper wrote:
You definitely do not want Lyme. I went from the best shape in my life at 23 winning b races and top 10 O/As to barely...
Lyme is no joke and can be a life-changer- and there in Virginia there are so many ticks. My wife spent six figures on doctors and finally just did her own research. Diet is a huge part of her management- but it is constant management and changing symptoms. Lyme is such a bitch because it seems to be different for everybody- good luck.

Post a reply to: tick bites

The Latest