stocks

PastranaWho
Edited Date/Time 10/27/2018 9:04pm
Ouch ...a sea of red all over my portfolio. who else feeling the painShocked
|
mxer146
10/24/2018 9:05pm
I’m excited for what my Tesla stock will do tomorrow am, other than that, no good lol
10/25/2018 12:10am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2018 12:14am
I've only had my IRA for a year, but I had some Canadian marijuana stock ( ACB ) that was doing really good and it just tanked over the last few days.

The Shop

colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
10/25/2018 9:57am
I'm tanking. Was planning on selling some before this happened, guess I waited too long Sad
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
10/25/2018 9:58am
We [CAT] are up 2% wooo Grinning
PastranaWho
10/25/2018 5:46pm
Amazon and google miss on revenue might bring a red friday. Its going to be a very important day to see how the market reacts.
newmann
10/25/2018 6:28pm
I raised the rent over the past year on most all of my rental properties. The value of them has gone up considerably since purchased as well. Smile
mxtech1
10/25/2018 8:49pm
Down on some of my longs but they will be fine.

Been doing well with SSC buying the dips and selling higher.

Still chasing that first big moneymaker. Caught both HEAR and FNKO for some decent runs.

What stocks do you guys do well with?
PastranaWho
10/26/2018 4:53am
mxtech1 wrote:
Down on some of my longs but they will be fine. Been doing well with SSC buying the dips and selling higher. Still chasing that first...

Still chasing that first big moneymaker. Caught both HEAR and FNKO for some decent runs.

Bear market is killing my longs , still up on a few but not by much now. Keeping my eye on a penny stock IZEA inc, stock is about to pop, ER is on 11/6 just adding on the dip now and waiting. On a bear market need to become a day trader and grab some profits.
Trig331
10/26/2018 4:57pm
newmann wrote:
I raised the rent over the past year on most all of my rental properties. The value of them has gone up considerably since purchased as...
I raised the rent over the past year on most all of my rental properties. The value of them has gone up considerably since purchased as well. Smile
Obviously don’t have to answer, but how many properties do you have? Single or multi-family? Self manage or no?

I’m slowly working towards a small portfolio and have always been curious how many folks on here use real estate as an investment? A lot of the ‘FIRE’ movement folks are so focused on saving they don’t/can’t continue with their hobbies. I won’t grow as fast as I could, but will likely enjoy the ride more and eventually have some decent mailbox money.
APLMAN99
10/26/2018 7:16pm
mxtech1 wrote:
Down on some of my longs but they will be fine. Been doing well with SSC buying the dips and selling higher. Still chasing that first...

Bear market is killing my longs , still up on a few but not by much now. Keeping my eye on a penny stock IZEA inc...
Bear market is killing my longs , still up on a few but not by much now. Keeping my eye on a penny stock IZEA inc, stock is about to pop, ER is on 11/6 just adding on the dip now and waiting. On a bear market need to become a day trader and grab some profits.
Might be a little more than just a dip......

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/robbins-arroyo-llp-izea-worldwide-214800…

IZEA Accused of Overstating Its Content Revenue

IZEA generates revenue from various sources, including content revenue from purchases of custom branded content for use on the purchasers' sites, as well as third party content marketing and native advertising efforts. In January 2015, IZEA acquired Ebyline and its technology platform that was created to source and compensate creators for the creation and delivery of editorial content. According to the complaint, during the relevant period, IZEA described revenue from Ebyline as content revenue and represented that it had a significant effect on IZEA's overall gross profit percentage. On April 2, 2018, IZEA revealed an error in accounting for revenue and cost of sales related to the self-service Content Workflow (previously known as content revenue) portion of the company's revenue. Then, on April 3, 2018, IZEA reported that the company's financial statements from 2015 onward should no longer be relied upon. Specifically, the amount previously reported as gross profit on Content Workflow should be the amount reported as revenue. The price of IZEA stock fell on this news, and the stock continues to decline.
mxtech1
10/26/2018 7:33pm
What’s this IZEA all about ?
It's an interesting stock to watch. They make software that allows big name brands to hire the top social media influencers to promote their products and they also provide new-age marketing strategies.

Current data says big brands find influencer marketing more effective in many categories when compared to other forms of "traditional" advertising. What's that mean? Influencer marketing budgets are increasing at exponential rates. Forecasts show the budget increases will see significant growth for several straight years.

It's up 47% since August with lots of nice buy and sells along the way, Q3 ER is in November.

Do some research on it. You may want to add it to your watch list.

PastranaWho
10/26/2018 8:52pm
mxtech1 wrote:

Bear market is killing my longs , still up on a few but not by much now. Keeping my eye on a penny stock IZEA inc...
APLMAN99 wrote:
Might be a little more than just a dip...... https://finance.yahoo.com/news/robbins-arroyo-llp-izea-worldwide-214800588.html IZEA Accused of Overstating Its Content Revenue IZEA generates revenue from various sources, including content revenue...
Might be a little more than just a dip......

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/robbins-arroyo-llp-izea-worldwide-214800…

IZEA Accused of Overstating Its Content Revenue

IZEA generates revenue from various sources, including content revenue from purchases of custom branded content for use on the purchasers' sites, as well as third party content marketing and native advertising efforts. In January 2015, IZEA acquired Ebyline and its technology platform that was created to source and compensate creators for the creation and delivery of editorial content. According to the complaint, during the relevant period, IZEA described revenue from Ebyline as content revenue and represented that it had a significant effect on IZEA's overall gross profit percentage. On April 2, 2018, IZEA revealed an error in accounting for revenue and cost of sales related to the self-service Content Workflow (previously known as content revenue) portion of the company's revenue. Then, on April 3, 2018, IZEA reported that the company's financial statements from 2015 onward should no longer be relied upon. Specifically, the amount previously reported as gross profit on Content Workflow should be the amount reported as revenue. The price of IZEA stock fell on this news, and the stock continues to decline.
Thats old news, the 3Q booking has been amazing. I been following this stock for 6 months now. PT is at $5 -7

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/izea-reports-all-time-r…
PastranaWho
10/26/2018 8:55pm Edited Date/Time 10/26/2018 9:00pm
What’s this IZEA all about ?
mxtech1 wrote:
It's an interesting stock to watch. They make software that allows big name brands to hire the top social media influencers to promote their products and...
It's an interesting stock to watch. They make software that allows big name brands to hire the top social media influencers to promote their products and they also provide new-age marketing strategies.

Current data says big brands find influencer marketing more effective in many categories when compared to other forms of "traditional" advertising. What's that mean? Influencer marketing budgets are increasing at exponential rates. Forecasts show the budget increases will see significant growth for several straight years.

It's up 47% since August with lots of nice buy and sells along the way, Q3 ER is in November.

Do some research on it. You may want to add it to your watch list.

Im telling you this stock ER easy $3-4 . 2019 1Q $4-7 its a 1.60 now. I always put a stop loss on penny stocks just in case thought. Right now stock needs some more volume, which will come. Good buzz on stocktwits on this stock.
XXVoid MainXX
10/27/2018 4:17am
All my stocks were down but I bought 20 more shares of TSLA at 255 on Monday. I should have bought more!!

XXVoid MainXX
10/27/2018 4:19am
Oh, and I wish I had a bigger pile of cash lying around because right now is a VERY good buy time for most any stock I believe.
newmann
10/27/2018 7:05am
newmann wrote:
I raised the rent over the past year on most all of my rental properties. The value of them has gone up considerably since purchased as...
Trig331 wrote:
Obviously don’t have to answer, but how many properties do you have? Single or multi-family? Self manage or no? I’m slowly working towards a small portfolio...
Obviously don’t have to answer, but how many properties do you have? Single or multi-family? Self manage or no?

I’m slowly working towards a small portfolio and have always been curious how many folks on here use real estate as an investment? A lot of the ‘FIRE’ movement folks are so focused on saving they don’t/can’t continue with their hobbies. I won’t grow as fast as I could, but will likely enjoy the ride more and eventually have some decent mailbox money.
26 local townhouses from 750 sq ft 1 bedroom up to 1800 sq ft 3 bed/ 2 1/2 bath with 2 car garage, 1 1600 sq ft beach house on the Gulf Coast / Bolivar and a 10,250 sq ft commercial property I rent to my business, 3 houses with part ownership with family and a couple pieces of land I haven't decided what to do with yet. We still self manage about half of our townhouses but as each of them eventually becomes vacant, they get turned over to the property mgmnt company who only charges me 5% to manage with a 50% of first month rent for showing and screening tenants. The beach house rents heavily throughout the summer and we use it mostly in the off season. Mgmnt company there pops us for 20% but that includes cleaning and make ready for the next group.

We started back in 2005 and bought most of these as the housing market was shitting the bed. It's bounced back and everything has gotten expensive again so I haven't bought anything in a couple years. Working on a storage facility project at the moment but there are a lot of hoops to jump through with the city and current fire codes and "beautification"....trying to make the numbers work.
lestat
10/27/2018 9:19am
All my stocks were down but I bought 20 more shares of TSLA at 255 on Monday. I should have bought more!! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/27/298582/s1200_tsla255.jpg[/img]
All my stocks were down but I bought 20 more shares of TSLA at 255 on Monday. I should have bought more!!

I got back in right when you did too . Tesla’s demise has been greatly exaggerated .
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
10/27/2018 10:53am
newmann wrote:
26 local townhouses from 750 sq ft 1 bedroom up to 1800 sq ft 3 bed/ 2 1/2 bath with 2 car garage, 1 1600 sq...
26 local townhouses from 750 sq ft 1 bedroom up to 1800 sq ft 3 bed/ 2 1/2 bath with 2 car garage, 1 1600 sq ft beach house on the Gulf Coast / Bolivar and a 10,250 sq ft commercial property I rent to my business, 3 houses with part ownership with family and a couple pieces of land I haven't decided what to do with yet. We still self manage about half of our townhouses but as each of them eventually becomes vacant, they get turned over to the property mgmnt company who only charges me 5% to manage with a 50% of first month rent for showing and screening tenants. The beach house rents heavily throughout the summer and we use it mostly in the off season. Mgmnt company there pops us for 20% but that includes cleaning and make ready for the next group.

We started back in 2005 and bought most of these as the housing market was shitting the bed. It's bounced back and everything has gotten expensive again so I haven't bought anything in a couple years. Working on a storage facility project at the moment but there are a lot of hoops to jump through with the city and current fire codes and "beautification"....trying to make the numbers work.
Have you considered selling them now before the next drop and buying back in when the values go down?
mxtech1
10/27/2018 11:26am
Im telling you this stock ER easy $3-4 . 2019 1Q $4-7 its a 1.60 now. I always put a stop loss on penny stocks just...
Im telling you this stock ER easy $3-4 . 2019 1Q $4-7 its a 1.60 now. I always put a stop loss on penny stocks just in case thought. Right now stock needs some more volume, which will come. Good buzz on stocktwits on this stock.
That's what I was thinking too that it needs some volume before it makes a big push. It could happen fast though as it gets some attention.

I think realistically it will be an easy ride for another .50 to .65 cents in under 6 months.
mxtech1
10/27/2018 11:32am
All my stocks were down but I bought 20 more shares of TSLA at 255 on Monday. I should have bought more!! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/27/298582/s1200_tsla255.jpg[/img]

lestat wrote:
I got back in right when you did too . Tesla’s demise has been greatly exaggerated .
If Tesla can survive long enough for them to master their manufacturing processes the stock is going to be worth a lot of money.

A big part of me feels Musk needs to relinquish control to the folks who know how to take the business to the next level. Musk has proven what he can do with the auto. I feel his time and energy are probably better spent dedicated to SpaceX.
XXVoid MainXX
10/27/2018 12:13pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2018 1:18pm
I don't know. He's already got the number 1 selling car by revenue and number 4 by volume, soon to be number 1 there too. I'm not sure I would want to see a legacy car company exec come in and mess up what he's got going.
Trig331
10/27/2018 4:56pm
newmann wrote:
26 local townhouses from 750 sq ft 1 bedroom up to 1800 sq ft 3 bed/ 2 1/2 bath with 2 car garage, 1 1600 sq...

Nice, thanks for the info. Sounds like a nice portfolio you have going. Definitely tougher to find deals right now. I’m trying to build up some cash to be able to jump in if there’s a drop at all.

Post a reply to: stocks

The Latest