sooo, anyone know

Jerkolantern
Edited Date/Time 1/30/2019 11:43am
How to ship a drum set to England at a reasonable price? I've got an 11-12 piece 1976 Ludwig stainless octoplus set a guy wants in England but my best price so far is 2700! It's going to be two boxes 30-36" square. It's a super rare set and not cheap, so the guy may just pay the big money, but that seems nuts to me. Boxes will be approx 40 pounds I guess. If you are or know an international pilot I'd gladly give them a grand to sneak em on. Going from Minneapolis to London. If it matters I think it may be the drummer from ELO, but I'm not sure, not do I think many here listen to ELO
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/29/2019 3:25pm
Ask Flatout111, he might know something about that. He's a musician and has played all over.
Jerkolantern
1/29/2019 3:45pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Ask Flatout111, he might know something about that. He's a musician and has played all over.
Thanks man, I'll pm him
Jerkolantern
1/29/2019 3:51pm
God I hate my phone, will someone please help me, I've tried to pm him like ten times and the header comes up but no text besides that. My name's Brad and my email is bwrightuimn@gmail my phone is 507-461-0317 text email call I don't care, just want to sell these bad boys and pay the bitch ass IRS
JAFO92
1/29/2019 3:55pm
Boy that brings back memories. I grew up playing drums and back in the mid 70s my fav player was Ronnie Tutt. He had the Octaplus setup and I thought it was the coolest thing ever back then.

The Shop

JAFO92
1/29/2019 3:56pm
BTW, absolutely love ELO. Ahead of their time.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/29/2019 4:07pm
God I hate my phone, will someone please help me, I've tried to pm him like ten times and the header comes up but no text...
God I hate my phone, will someone please help me, I've tried to pm him like ten times and the header comes up but no text besides that. My name's Brad and my email is bwrightuimn@gmail my phone is 507-461-0317 text email call I don't care, just want to sell these bad boys and pay the bitch ass IRS
Sent him a message.
Jerkolantern
1/29/2019 4:30pm
Thanks again man, and 92 you should buy them and save me the hassle! I'm not going to admit I like ELO......
borg
1/29/2019 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2019 4:39pm
Elo wrote some great stuff.
newmann
1/29/2019 4:36pm
92 could set them up next to that cherry ass Pioneer rack and play them while spinning some ELO vinyl masters.
Jerkolantern
1/29/2019 5:41pm
My phone won't let me put pics up, I paid 5k for these things after having them shipped from Chicago to me in southern Minnesota. Here's a link to the eBay listing. I've listed them cheap, the guy in the UK didn't hesitate on price but I really don't want to come at him with a shipping bill close to the items price! Anyway, check em out. It's the biggest stainless set I know of for sale.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-60s-70s-Ludwig-Stainless-Octa-Plus-Dru…
JAFO92
1/29/2019 6:24pm
Thanks again man, and 92 you should buy them and save me the hassle! I'm not going to admit I like ELO......
Shoot me a PM please.
JAFO92
1/29/2019 6:41pm
One of many sets Ronnie used in his years working for Elvis.

AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
1/29/2019 6:44pm
JAFO92 wrote:
Shoot me a PM please.
Jeff Lynne/Bev Bevan bidding war?
JAFO92
1/29/2019 7:06pm
I know by todays standards its not the same, but to a kid in the early 70s, Ronnie was the shit. I followed him and Buddy Miles both. While my parents were watching what Elvis was doing up front, I was always watching Ronnie in the back, the guy really let it out there.

https://youtu.be/dbSkY2-13A0
flatout111
1/30/2019 6:40am Edited Date/Time 1/30/2019 7:05am
First of all, a shout out to Mav for reaching out to me. That dude is always trying to help EVERYONE hear on Vital. Super important guy.

Hey Brad! Cool kit. I have been endorsed by Sonor drums throughout most of my career (97-13) but I still love some Ludwigs. Eric Carr, Bonham, Ringo...legends played Ludwigs!

Well, let's see. I have never shipped drums overseas, personally. When I have played in different countries Sonor would always get something from said country and have it shipped to the venues. So I'm not sure how much I can help. I have received all my drums from Germany and they shipped in containers but there were many kits coming at once. To ship one kit individually is pretty scary to me. I can give tips on packing it but I still worry about all it has to go thru. Packing requires super solid boxes. It's better to ship the drums individually in it's own box with a ton of protection (and no, not peanuts. They are useless). You need lots of foam or bubble wrap and several walls to go thru to protect. But most can't afford to ship like that and have to remove heads and nestle all the shells together.

I think my first move would be to go to the Pearl Drummer's Forum. Register and post a topic on the question in hand (probably in the general drumset discussion sub forum) and/or PM/DM Al Percival. He is a moderator there and works for Pearl in some way. That site is a treasure trove for all drumming questions. Yeah, that is what I would do first, man. And Al is super helpful in so many ways, whether it pertains to Pearls or any other brand for that matter.

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/

Let me know how it goes, dude.

Marc Anthony
flatout111

Jerkolantern
1/30/2019 11:43am
flatout111 wrote:
First of all, a shout out to Mav for reaching out to me. That dude is always trying to help EVERYONE hear on Vital. Super important...
First of all, a shout out to Mav for reaching out to me. That dude is always trying to help EVERYONE hear on Vital. Super important guy.

Hey Brad! Cool kit. I have been endorsed by Sonor drums throughout most of my career (97-13) but I still love some Ludwigs. Eric Carr, Bonham, Ringo...legends played Ludwigs!

Well, let's see. I have never shipped drums overseas, personally. When I have played in different countries Sonor would always get something from said country and have it shipped to the venues. So I'm not sure how much I can help. I have received all my drums from Germany and they shipped in containers but there were many kits coming at once. To ship one kit individually is pretty scary to me. I can give tips on packing it but I still worry about all it has to go thru. Packing requires super solid boxes. It's better to ship the drums individually in it's own box with a ton of protection (and no, not peanuts. They are useless). You need lots of foam or bubble wrap and several walls to go thru to protect. But most can't afford to ship like that and have to remove heads and nestle all the shells together.

I think my first move would be to go to the Pearl Drummer's Forum. Register and post a topic on the question in hand (probably in the general drumset discussion sub forum) and/or PM/DM Al Percival. He is a moderator there and works for Pearl in some way. That site is a treasure trove for all drumming questions. Yeah, that is what I would do first, man. And Al is super helpful in so many ways, whether it pertains to Pearls or any other brand for that matter.

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/

Let me know how it goes, dude.

Marc Anthony
flatout111

Will do, thanks Marc, Mav, and vital in general. This place has helped me a million times. Love my Moto brothers! JAFO let's strike a deal, I'll drive them to you! Put my bike in back as well, let's make a weekend of it! If I remember correctly your in Texas, I can do that- -29 this morning. O yeah I can do Texas...

Post a reply to: sooo, anyone know

The Latest