rc truck for 11 year old kids?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/18/2018 4:41 PM

Hi my kids are deadset on a traxxas slash for christmass. are there any other options from that pricepoint to consider?

|

11/18/2018 7:09 PM

good thing about a slash is you can jump them off the roof of your house and they wont break..i personally would rather have this..it is more of a racer one...and its ready to run also..besides getting a battery and battery charger,,
https://www.omnimodels.com/cgi-bin/woi0001p?&I=ASCD7081&P=0

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

11/19/2018 5:00 AM

The traxxas is very strong and ready to go but made for a smooth surface. It can take a beating but hard to handle in chop. It rolls over easy. Great toy but you can drift sideways through chop without even considering flipping in some of the other companies like Losi scte and Associated that the traxxas cant handle in a straight line. I had a track and tried so many suspension and chasis changes but could barely get around a lap without flipping the traxxas but a stock Losi wouldn't even flinch lap after lap.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

11/19/2018 6:19 AM

They're good for 10-12 year old kids. There are a few issues that we had (broken shock caps and broken axle) but they are pretty good for that age range. Parts are cheap and easy to find and there are a million upgrades you can do to these.

|

11/20/2018 11:20 AM

Slash is a good choice for that age . Durability is the key .

|

11/22/2018 5:29 AM

FLmxer wrote:

The traxxas is very strong and ready to go but made for a smooth surface. It can take a beating but hard to handle in chop. It rolls over easy. Great toy but you can drift sideways through chop without even considering flipping in some of the other companies like Losi scte and Associated that the traxxas cant handle in a straight line. I had a track and tried so many suspension and chasis changes but could barely get around a lap without flipping the traxxas but a stock Losi wouldn't even flinch lap after lap.

I would look into a losi product as they are made with competition in mind. Handling is very important even for bashing, easier to send it if it’s able to track strait. They also use more durable drivetrain equipment and may have a center diff which makes driving much easier. Im into the nitro buggy truggy stuff and traxxas doesn’t even have a race capable car to compete with, they focus on the bashing side of things only. That’s why I would say a losi would be better and parts support is just as good.

|

11/22/2018 5:42 AM

Ive found that the slash is unbreakable in its stock form, but once you add power things start falling apart very quickly. I put a castle system in mine a couple years ago and tore apart u joints, snapped some axles, stripped a diff. Mine was 2wd so maybe the 4wd would fare better

|

11/22/2018 6:06 AM

I have a couple slashes one stock and one modded to the gills. I would look for what brands your local hobby shop carries. Most in my area carry 90% traxxas parts and like 10% other brands. Its nice to be able to run out and grab a part if I need something. My nephew got a Traxxas last x mas and broke it the same day. My "bro" in law was able to have him going next day when the shop opened.

|

11/22/2018 9:34 AM

I have a slash that is pretty much indestructible. If you have tall grass or other uneven obstacles in your backyard get one of their models with larger tires though, like a Rustler.

|

Nick
-2015 Grom grocery getter
-2011 Road King Classic
-2010 WR250X supermoto

11/22/2018 10:55 AM

Every part will break until you have a full aluminum truck, I'd just pop for the expensive one

|

11/22/2018 11:05 AM

I had them all in the past, Losi, RC 10s back when I would race them but now that I just drive for fun I love the Traxxas products gas and electric and have several for myself and my boys. Photo
Photo

|

Ed Johnson

11/22/2018 5:03 PM

Traxxas stampede 4x4

|

11/24/2018 7:24 AM

I find that all of my local hobby shops stock an abundance of Traxxas parts and accessories. Finding parts for my Associated truck is super difficult locally.

|