politicians.... they all suck

Related:
Create New Tag

4/12/2022 6:22 PM

This not a meant to start an "us versus them" arguement.

They are almost all equally pieces of moldy shit.

an example

|

4/12/2022 6:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2022 6:33 PM

JustMX wrote:

an example

Yep, it's a qualification to want to run for office. I think they should be filled by raffle, people who aren't looking to get re-elected will make much better officials than people looking to force their views on others. At a minimum there needs to be term limits to keep people honest.

|

I work to provide for my family, I ride to keep my sanity.

4/12/2022 7:07 PM

Term Limits are good , but it sucks if you manage to get a good one.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

4/12/2022 8:14 PM

Finally a political thread to bring us together.
Maybe term limits that can be extended with a large enough majority in the election? Maybe 75-80%

|

4/12/2022 8:33 PM

Photo
|

4/12/2022 8:39 PM

JustMX wrote:

an example

And someone just got arrested for putting an "I did this" Biden sticker on a gas pump. I guess it doesn't work both ways lol

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler®

4/12/2022 8:49 PM

This is a popular opinion and one of the reasons Trump won. Trump is the first president since Eisenhower to not have held an elected office, and the only president in history to have not had a previous career in government. Americans are tired of these people.

|

4/13/2022 6:01 AM

Photo
|

4/13/2022 6:19 AM

These flimflammers are in office because they get the most votes. Should tell you something about where the real problem is.

|

4/13/2022 7:48 AM

SEEMEFIRST wrote:

Term Limits are good , but it sucks if you manage to get a good one.

Performance claus. If your state county ect is performing and meeting certin criteria you can have a extra term or 2. Make it real progression from local to state to the house, senate and presidency.

|

4/13/2022 7:51 AM

JustMX wrote:

an example

I laughed my ass off when I read JB fat fuck in a election year wants gas stations to campaign for him by force or face a penalty/fine. The guy only got in because he guaranteed weed would be legalized. Him and Beetlejuice/ light foot need to be dragged out of illinois.

Isn't it funny though billionaire fat fuck is ok and good and fighting for the people. But trump is bad for the same reasons.

|

4/13/2022 8:22 AM

There's a simple fix to the political issue the OP's link references:

"This sign is state-mandated propaganda. Read it at your own peril."

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

4/13/2022 10:59 AM

It's only going to get worse, as the new breed of lawmakers seem more interested in personal celebrity than representing the desires of their constituents.

|

4/13/2022 11:33 AM

I hope somebody gets fined and challenges that bs,

Shouldn't take long....

We should start a pool....

|

4/13/2022 1:06 PM

|

4/13/2022 2:26 PM

Sully wrote: Photo

That should be a t-shirt

|

#SeelyNation
Twitter @JaridSavoy

4/13/2022 5:24 PM

Should be like jury duty. Randomly get notified for the next two years you’ll be working in legislature.

|

GP740
Since 1987

4/13/2022 5:42 PM

What's wrong with that?

|

4/13/2022 5:59 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Should be like jury duty. Randomly get notified for the next two years you’ll be working in legislature.

"randomly"

|

4/13/2022 6:00 PM

SEEMEFIRST wrote:

What's wrong with that?

Shipping bottlenecks, supply chain issues

|

4/13/2022 6:01 PM

Jarid332 wrote:

That should be a t-shirt

Photo
|

4/13/2022 6:21 PM

early wrote:

Shipping bottlenecks, supply chain issues

Well they have recently seized thousands of pounds of narcotics lately, and a lot of it fentenyl that kills people.
Plug that shit up, make it hurt Mexico, and maybe they'll do more.

If Brandon hadn't reversed all the rules Trump had in place, we wouldn't be having to do this.

Come May when they drop 43, watch what happens.

|

4/14/2022 8:39 AM

early wrote:

"randomly"

Random ,like the ktm juniors that every former pro seems to get their kid into.

|

4/14/2022 8:45 AM

Simple fix, vote out every incumbent regardless of party. Shit will sort itself out in 1 to 2 cycles

|

4/14/2022 11:36 AM

Why not vote all independent ? Just say no to professional politicians for awhile . A viable third party may form . Look at who the R & D give you for candidates … you can do better by throwing a dart in a room full of independents

|

4/14/2022 3:38 PM

Lot of wishful thinking. You can vote out all incumbents if you want to. Your neighbors wont though. Same with voting in independents. Go for it. They usually get about 2 or 3% of the vote. Not that long ago, The town mayor and the governor were the most important politicians to most people. Now it's all cycled up to the Federal government. Mostly because Congress has found away for the commerce clause to overpower the 9th and 10th amendments. The SCOTUS fought them off for long time until a decision during the FDR administration turned the tide and allowed previously stalled New Deal legislation to go through. Downhill ever since. That's why Congress can decide how much water your toilet uses and what kind of light bulb you can have.
Not sure there's a viable way out of this.

H.L. Mencken:
"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance."

We have the worst form of government, except all the rest.

|

4/14/2022 6:29 PM

borg wrote:

Lot of wishful thinking. You can vote out all incumbents if you want to. Your neighbors wont though. Same with voting in ...more

You can vote out all incumbents if you want to. Your neighbors wont though. Same with voting in independents. Go for it. They usually get about 2 or 3% of the vote.

You’re right that you need a large percentage to work . But I wonder how many people are right on the edge of going that route . Seems to me that part of Trumps appeal was being an outsider and I think that sentiment of wanting different still exists , but to what degree I am not sure . It’s a long shot no doubt because it needs very well respected individuals to step up and run against the big machines . But you never know , sometimes all these things take is one little spark .
|

4/14/2022 7:24 PM

Jarid332 wrote:

That should be a t-shirt

Gotta love the drinkin bros. By far the most listened to podcast for me.

|

4/15/2022 4:20 AM

I rarely jump into political discussions, but what is everyone's thoughts on ranked voting? Seems to me this should be popular with "both sides" and hopefully lead to a less "us vs them" mentality.

|

4/15/2022 10:46 AM

GrapeApe wrote:

It's only going to get worse, as the new breed of lawmakers seem more interested in personal celebrity than representing the ...more

There’s lots of ways to be a politician but the most profitable is to ensure you continue to get re elected.

Political greed mixed with corporate greed based in political power and influence is a bad mix.

|