other forums die, and Vital thrives

motogrady
7/30/2017 7:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2017 7:45pm
Does anyone remember the old supercross.com forum? Rick Johnson had his own sub forum there. I was a member there from like 2001 up to like...
Does anyone remember the old supercross.com forum? Rick Johnson had his own sub forum there. I was a member there from like 2001 up to like 2007ish. I'm not sure what became of it after that.
JPT wrote:
I was on there. Remember when they brought TFS in as a mod and the place imploded?Smile
Laughing That was gold. Half the regulars quit the site, even tho he tried being nice, for awhile anyway.
The guys that followed him over there, I was one of them, were driven off by what was her name, yamamama?
I'm a 40 something guy, gonna listen to some housewife tell me how to be? Yeah, right.

Hey, at the time, he was the stuff.

Seemed to me, in a way, after that episode, there wasn't enough guys going over there to crowd a vw bug.
JPT
7/30/2017 8:33pm
Does anyone remember the old supercross.com forum? Rick Johnson had his own sub forum there. I was a member there from like 2001 up to like...
Does anyone remember the old supercross.com forum? Rick Johnson had his own sub forum there. I was a member there from like 2001 up to like 2007ish. I'm not sure what became of it after that.
JPT wrote:
I was on there. Remember when they brought TFS in as a mod and the place imploded?Smile
motogrady wrote:
:laugh: That was gold. Half the regulars quit the site, even tho he tried being nice, for awhile anyway. The guys that followed him over there...
Laughing That was gold. Half the regulars quit the site, even tho he tried being nice, for awhile anyway.
The guys that followed him over there, I was one of them, were driven off by what was her name, yamamama?
I'm a 40 something guy, gonna listen to some housewife tell me how to be? Yeah, right.

Seemed to me, in a way, after that episode, there wasn't enough guys going over there to crowd a vw bug.
I got to know Yamama on another board, she wasn't really too happy about the changes there but was doing her job. I remember Russ from that board too. They handled that whole thing badly. I liked Steve but he was at the height of his controversial self and they just had him show up one day as a mod. When people questioned it they were told it wasn't any of their business who they hired and they needed to shut up, which pissed a lot of folks off. It also became obvious that Rick Johnson really didn't have anything to do with the board.
7/31/2017 9:54am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2017 10:19am
JPT wrote:
motogrady wrote:
:laugh: That was gold. Half the regulars quit the site, even tho he tried being nice, for awhile anyway. The guys that followed him over there...

Hmm...I don't remember that. I wasn't really on too much after 2006 but I did post a little here and there for another year. Maybe that happened after I left. Sounds interesting though, I wish I knew what happened lol.

I was moderator of the Mini's sub forum for a bit. I was like 11 or 12 at the time so it was a big deal to me lmao. My S/N was ProCircuitYZ80 which became YZ125 then YZ250. I remember Yamamama. I never had an issue with her but I understand where you're coming from haha. I miss the place, kind of nostalgic to me, it was my first time on an online community.

The Shop

Post a reply to: other forums die, and Vital thrives

The Latest