lady getting irate over service animal

Wildeye511
|
Hut
9/19/2017 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 9/19/2017 5:34pm
What a horrible miserable person.
motosmith
9/19/2017 5:40pm
Why are so many people bringing animals in public buildings and calling them service dogs? A service dog used to be a Labrador Retriever trained to help the blind or disabled. Now its anyone that thinks their chiwawa is cute.

A couple weeks ago I got in an elevator in a professional office building with some lady and her cute little puppy. She let it walk over to me and made no effort to restrain it. I lifted my shoe to its face. I told her I dont want her dog touching me. She had a complete look of shock on her face, lol.
Titan1
9/19/2017 5:48pm
This is a sensitive issue for me as I'm allergic to dogs...I avoid them at all costs...I have to verify every hotel room I stay in is "pet free" and has always been pet free. Didn't used to be an issue but lately everyone brings their dogs everywhere.

I'd just ordered ata restaurant once when this group of people (four or five) all with their own service dogs are seated at the table next to me. I had no choice but to ask for a different table. And if the restaurant wouldn't accommodate, we would have had to leave. The restaurant had no issue getting is a different table (notice I moved, I didn't ask the people with their dogs to move, even though I was seated first). I think the people with the dogs were offended.

So I agree with this lady-they should have their own section of the restaurant...but she's a moron and completely went about it the wrong way.
borg
9/19/2017 6:14pm
That dude is going to have to calm her down in the car. A good song to punch up would be "Who let The Dogs Out". I'm pretty sure that should do it. There are other songs too like "I Ain't Nothin But a Houndog".
Just trying to help out here before somebody posts up what we all know is coming.

The Shop

Jrewing
9/19/2017 6:53pm
motosmith wrote:
Why are so many people bringing animals in public buildings and calling them service dogs? A service dog used to be a Labrador Retriever trained to...
Why are so many people bringing animals in public buildings and calling them service dogs? A service dog used to be a Labrador Retriever trained to help the blind or disabled. Now its anyone that thinks their chiwawa is cute.

A couple weeks ago I got in an elevator in a professional office building with some lady and her cute little puppy. She let it walk over to me and made no effort to restrain it. I lifted my shoe to its face. I told her I dont want her dog touching me. She had a complete look of shock on her face, lol.
Me too. I like to kick puppys.
APLMAN99
9/19/2017 7:06pm
It doesn't sound like this was a service animal.

A service animal is trained to perform a function, like a guide animal for the blind or an animal that can sense a seizure starting and can alert their owner.

A comfort animal is entirely different, and while they may have some validity the assholes that bring their animals anywhere and claim they are "emotional service animals" have fucked things up for people who really may benefit. States should start real certification processes for both service and support animals and businesses should be allowed to question whether these animals are truly required or not.
TXDirt
9/19/2017 7:14pm
This lady shows a complete lack of empathy and human decency towards others. She probably a road rager too.

Let's assume worse case scenario and this wasn't a service dog at all. Why display this level of emotion and anger over it? This lady is acting like nothing more then a puppet on a string. She's letting others dictate how she feels and how she acts. I'm embarrassed for her.

Sometimes best to let things go rather then get worked up and start foaming at the mouth over something so meaningless.

I'm willing to bet this type of lady calls out a service dog owner but she herself will park in handicap parking or in parking spots designated for new or expecting mothers. Just a hunch because she has that entitlement chip on her shoulder.
XXVoid MainXX
9/19/2017 7:28pm
I like how the word "bitch" is censored in the article but "whore" is okay.
Hut
9/19/2017 7:45pm
I think dogs should be allowed everywhere. Hell I lived in Montana most of my adult life and can't remember a bar that didn't have a stray or two hanging around inside. Cool
Hut
9/19/2017 7:48pm
TXDirt wrote:
This lady shows a complete lack of empathy and human decency towards others. She probably a road rager too. Let's assume worse case scenario and this...
This lady shows a complete lack of empathy and human decency towards others. She probably a road rager too.

Let's assume worse case scenario and this wasn't a service dog at all. Why display this level of emotion and anger over it? This lady is acting like nothing more then a puppet on a string. She's letting others dictate how she feels and how she acts. I'm embarrassed for her.

Sometimes best to let things go rather then get worked up and start foaming at the mouth over something so meaningless.

I'm willing to bet this type of lady calls out a service dog owner but she herself will park in handicap parking or in parking spots designated for new or expecting mothers. Just a hunch because she has that entitlement chip on her shoulder.
Yep she is a miserable! To be honest the best behavior on display was that of the dog
scooter5002
9/19/2017 7:50pm
Seems to me, they passed a law making it legal to bring any dog into a restaurant in Cali. Something about keeping the poor little things out of idling cars, and polluting the environment. Not sure if it's restricted to certain types of places, but the first one I saw was a full size dog in Burger King. I'd have no issue with a service dog, but welcome to our brave new world, I guess.
steed 2.0
9/19/2017 8:00pm
She needs a service dog as well, oh dear her husband... that's how she wins arguments at home just by over-screaming
reded
9/19/2017 8:36pm
Seems to me, they passed a law making it legal to bring any dog into a restaurant in Cali. Something about keeping the poor little things...
Seems to me, they passed a law making it legal to bring any dog into a restaurant in Cali. Something about keeping the poor little things out of idling cars, and polluting the environment. Not sure if it's restricted to certain types of places, but the first one I saw was a full size dog in Burger King. I'd have no issue with a service dog, but welcome to our brave new world, I guess.
Another example of the majority having to bend due to the stupidity of the minority. I love the shit out of my dog but I only take her on an errand run if I'm hitting pet friendly locations or the weather allows me to leave her in the pickup for a few minutes, otherwise she stays at home.
peelout
9/19/2017 8:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/19/2017 8:54pm
welcome to PC America bro. we created the mess and now we get to live with it and put up with the people that get offended. seems everyone has a "this really pisses * off" video these days. the human species has officially jumped the shark tank

that said, I would never take my dogs to a hotel or restaurant. and I love my dogs more than I love some of my own family.
MelonFan123
9/19/2017 9:20pm
motosmith wrote:
Why are so many people bringing animals in public buildings and calling them service dogs? A service dog used to be a Labrador Retriever trained to...

You sound like a real ball of sunshine.
JAFO92
9/20/2017 6:19am Edited Date/Time 9/20/2017 6:47am
motosmith wrote:

Same thing over here, people dragging their unruly pooch everywhere they go. They always *assume* everyone loves dogs as much as they do. They dont. Leave your mutt at home.

In any event, that lady is a nut job, no reason to go off like that.
Foghorn
9/20/2017 6:44am
Having just gotten back from France, it seems that there are very few places that dogs aren't allowed, including in markets, bars and restaurants.
Ted722
9/20/2017 7:39am Edited Date/Time 9/20/2017 7:48am
Clear sign husband/boyfriend falling short on the "service animal" obligations behind closed doors. Silly
ocscottie
9/20/2017 7:45am
What a clueless bitch.

I had only the 50th service dog back in 1986 and i got some people who were totally against it, until they saw how my dog acted. Hell i even had waitresses asking if my dog would like a bone from the kitchen, of course i always declined. Most people that did not see me come in did not know the dog was there. I had articles about me in our local paper, readers digest and even the national Enquirer, along with a TV show.
steed 2.0
9/20/2017 8:23am Edited Date/Time 9/20/2017 12:19pm
This topic drew my attention so looked around on YouTube, seems that it's time for some serious legislation on this subject. There is no legitimate service dog certification or registration in America to start with. They also come in all shapes and sizes, a veteran was kicked out a restaurant because bystanders were intimidated by his doberman he suggested had it been a golden retriever proberly no one being intimidated or offended (strong point) where is Cox when you need him? His dad is a veteran and he loves dogs, trust me this raises some media attention if he plays it well... Official registration and ID for service dogs and how about Prisoners Training Service Dogs For Veterans, seems an obvious win-win situation
APLMAN99
9/20/2017 8:30am
ocscottie wrote:
What a clueless bitch. I had only the 50th service dog back in 1986 and i got some people who were totally against it, until they...
What a clueless bitch.

I had only the 50th service dog back in 1986 and i got some people who were totally against it, until they saw how my dog acted. Hell i even had waitresses asking if my dog would like a bone from the kitchen, of course i always declined. Most people that did not see me come in did not know the dog was there. I had articles about me in our local paper, readers digest and even the national Enquirer, along with a TV show.
There's no licensing or certification required for service or support animals up here, so it's impossible for our state to know how many or what type people are claiming, which in the end screws over the people who truly need these animals to live fuller lives.

Businesses are actually only allowed to ask 2 basic questions, but realistically they only ask the first if anything at all.

1) Is your animal a service animal?

And, if the answer is "yes",

3) What is your animal trained to do?

If the person declines to answer the second question, it's a judgement call for the business and because of the potential negative press (like including that this animal was owned by a veteran even though that is irrelevant and only used to sway emotions) most businesses don't even ask that one.

What you can't do is ask "Why do you have a service animal?", "What condition is your animal trained to help with?, etc. Anything that attempts to identify the condition or disability is off limits, which has made the increase in people simply bringing their pets any and everywhere rise exponentially.

I'm a pet lover, but it's really ridiculous to bring your dog to the grocery store and set it in the seat of the cart, then just move to another cart after it shits and pisses all over the first one......
lestat
9/20/2017 8:34am
motosmith wrote:

JAFO92 wrote:
Same thing over here, people dragging their unruly pooch everywhere they go. They always *assume* everyone loves dogs as much as they do. They dont. Leave...
Same thing over here, people dragging their unruly pooch everywhere they go. They always *assume* everyone loves dogs as much as they do. They dont. Leave your mutt at home.

In any event, that lady is a nut job, no reason to go off like that.
I'm with you guys . I'm allergic to dogs as well . I get that people love their dog ... but just keep it the fuck away from me .
9/20/2017 8:37am
I like how the word "bitch" is censored in the article but "whore" is okay.
reminds me of the saying - whore will fk everybody. bitch will fk everybody but you.
omalley
9/20/2017 10:49am
Too many people feel like they are the only important person in existence, and the hell with everyone else. I was checking my bag at the airport this last weekend. An early-20's woman was literally screaming at the poor counter gal for the airline. Right in front of her two very young kids, who were in turn crying because of the yelling and wanted their mom's attention. The problem is that we condone this behavior. The counter gal or her manager should have every right to tell her to F off. Unfortunately the company will throw those employees under the bus to appease the customer.

Everywhere these self-centered assholes go, they get what they want. That's the major reason we are in this mess.
Old-Man
9/20/2017 10:54am Edited Date/Time 9/20/2017 10:54am
Her and the Crazy whiny Bitch that got a speeding ticket need a cell together....or an Octagon
steed 2.0
9/20/2017 11:11am Edited Date/Time 9/20/2017 11:22am
omalley wrote:
Too many people feel like they are the only important person in existence, and the hell with everyone else. I was checking my bag at the...
Too many people feel like they are the only important person in existence, and the hell with everyone else. I was checking my bag at the airport this last weekend. An early-20's woman was literally screaming at the poor counter gal for the airline. Right in front of her two very young kids, who were in turn crying because of the yelling and wanted their mom's attention. The problem is that we condone this behavior. The counter gal or her manager should have every right to tell her to F off. Unfortunately the company will throw those employees under the bus to appease the customer.

Everywhere these self-centered assholes go, they get what they want. That's the major reason we are in this mess.
You're so right, ignore bad behavior and reward good behavior (rule number 1 in raising children and dogs) unfortunately it's the other way around so they learn from early age that bad behavior is rewarded "conditioning"

Hut
9/20/2017 1:00pm
From the sounds of it more people here side with the screaming girl then the decent people with the dog, got it.
Hut
9/20/2017 1:06pm
Old-Man wrote:
Her and the Crazy whiny Bitch that got a speeding ticket need a cell together....or an Octagon
No doubt
APLMAN99
9/20/2017 3:18pm
Hut wrote:
From the sounds of it more people here side with the screaming girl then the decent people with the dog, got it.
I think most of us probably think both are somewhat in the wrong, but the vibe I get is that most can agree that the woman went way over the top.......

Post a reply to: lady getting irate over service animal

The Latest