eBay silverado front end parts (Detroit Axle)

early
Fantasy
2231st
I'm looking at wheel bearings and a front end kit (tie rods, upper control arms, ball joints etc) sold by a company named Detroit Axle. I know these are Chinese truck parts but I'm not planning on having the vehicle for more than 2 years and wouldn't mind putting some fresh parts on in the meantime. I can get the bearings and front kit for the price of just a pair of duralast bearings from AutoZone.

Anyone have experience with parts from this company?
|
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
10/29/2018 8:01pm
Just go to rockauto and buy their cheapest brand. I wouldn't fool with ebay stuff on something that runs 80mph in traffic.
Moto96
10/29/2018 11:45pm
Duralast is just a house bearing brand, I dont remember the name of the actual bearing brand, but most places carry Timken, NTN or NSK or SKF. Get any those.

Also, some places have a house brand part, but they are in fact Timken or another top brand of bearings when you open up the box. Do a little shopping by phone or in person.

One other time a house brand brearing was NSK and another NTN. Both top brands like Timken or SKF etc.

For example, Napa Filters are the same exact filters as Wix. Napa brand stuff is usually a good OEM brand.
I've bought many Napa stuff and gotten Goodyear belts, Goodyear Hoses, stuff like that. Same as OEM.

I know Napa ignition switchts are the same brand as OEM for 1/4 the cost. At least for Fords they are. Stamped right on, perfect direct fit.

Moto96
10/29/2018 11:47pm
No Exp with Detroit axle but they have been around forever.

Not to be confused with Detroit lockers, which are TOL. But Eaton owns them, another TOL company.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
10/30/2018 2:23am
You will get what you pay for. When you have a faulty part, you'll have to mail it back, run the old in the mean time. Cheap parts have horrible quality assurance.

If your gonna by cheap stuff, do it locally so you can at least get a replacement parts fast. I went with O'Reilly wheel bearings on a old 07 Silverado this weekend and one was faulty. So had to take it back off and exchange it. Aggravating but saved several hundred bucks so I'm ok.

The Shop

Carrie998
10/30/2018 7:00am
I put one of their wheel bearings on the Mrs. car about a year or so ago and haven't had any issues from it. It seemed like decent quality and for the price I could replace it twice cheaper than I could get one in town. But it was a pain in the a## to remove the old one so if it doesn't last then maybe I made the wrong choice. Who knows, as of now I'm happy with it.
Ebs
10/30/2018 9:53am
If you really want to get your frugal on. Hit up Rock Auto. Take the brand and part numbers and run them through ebay and amazon to compare.

It's a little time consuming but I've found stuff considerably cheaper on occasion between any of those places.
early
Fantasy
2231st
10/30/2018 10:21am
Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna stop by the parts store on the way home from work and pick up a bearing that needs replaced and do the other side when I get a little more time. I agree with everyone, in that I have never gone to eBay for running parts.
boston_jorj
10/31/2018 3:14pm
I installed a rack and pinion that was supplied by a customer that was made by them. He was back with a leak in a few weeks

Post a reply to: eBay silverado front end parts (Detroit Axle)

The Latest