does drug rehab work?

doofus
2/21/2021 1:55am
I got her son a pw80, he had always wanted to learn to ride. He’s gonna race the peewee class when I race this season. Here’s him on his bike and my nephew on mine. I made Mel ride it with me one day hah!

doofus
2/21/2021 1:59am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 4:32am
Have a great relationship with my oldest daughter now, she’s almost 11!

I just want to let anyone out there know, if I can do this so can you. I only got it right by trying and failing no joke literally over 1000 times. But if you keep at it, eventually you will get it. I promise you that. In the midst of the struggle when all Hope feels lost, just know that one day you’re going to come out on the other side and the most beautiful part is you'll have such an appreciation for life. Through adversity we gain strength, my best days still lie ahead.

yz133rider
2/21/2021 6:51am
Dude, I’m pumped for you! Glad you found someone to walk alongside you and keep you heading the right way.

Hit the gym, hit the pavement with a pair of running shoes, and keep after it so you can push a little hard next time out on that 250f!
doofus
2/21/2021 6:55am
yz133rider wrote:
Dude, I’m pumped for you! Glad you found someone to walk alongside you and keep you heading the right way. Hit the gym, hit the pavement...
Dude, I’m pumped for you! Glad you found someone to walk alongside you and keep you heading the right way.

Hit the gym, hit the pavement with a pair of running shoes, and keep after it so you can push a little hard next time out on that 250f!
Thanks man! The gym has been the cornerstone of my sobriety/recovery. Been lifting for about 16 years.

The last time I was booked, I was 159lbs at 6’. I’m 225 and stronger than ever now.

Gonna race the full season of ixcr this year.

The Shop

yz133rider
2/21/2021 6:57am
yz133rider wrote:
Dude, I’m pumped for you! Glad you found someone to walk alongside you and keep you heading the right way. Hit the gym, hit the pavement...

doofus wrote:
Thanks man! The gym has been the cornerstone of my sobriety/recovery. Been lifting for about 16 years. The last time I was booked, I was 159lbs...
Thanks man! The gym has been the cornerstone of my sobriety/recovery. Been lifting for about 16 years.

The last time I was booked, I was 159lbs at 6’. I’m 225 and stronger than ever now.

That’s awesome dude seriously. How awesome is that kawi 250f too? They rev to the moon so fun right??
doofus
2/21/2021 7:00am
yz133rider wrote:

doofus wrote:
Thanks man! The gym has been the cornerstone of my sobriety/recovery. Been lifting for about 16 years. The last time I was booked, I was 159lbs...

yz133rider wrote:
That’s awesome dude seriously. How awesome is that kawi 250f too? They rev to the moon so fun right??
I love the power and handling of the bike. The suspension is crazy stiff, the seat is rock hard and it’s hard to start once hot tho.

I still love the bike. Way faster on this bike than any I’ve ever owned. Dropped my bike off to my buddy for him to revalve and respring it and do the top end. I’m super pumped cause I’ve never actually set a bike up for me before, just had what I had previously.
2/21/2021 7:11am
There are no bad people, there are just good people that make bad choices.

Your story is awesome. Hopefully it inspires other good people to leave bad choices behind them!
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
2/21/2021 9:10pm
I missed this when you originally posted it, but for some reason i felt like today i had to read it from start to finish. It was a rollercoaster for a long time there, but im so pumped to see you come through the other side.

Enjoy your girls mate, and for gods sake look after that wife of yours, she's an angle by the sounds. Your best days are in front, and all the hard times you've been through will only make them better.

G-man
2/21/2021 9:18pm
"There are no bad people, there are just good people that make bad choices."

Very true statement Georgie. 👍

I just found out tonight a neighbourhood friend 2 houses down from me has died.
Known him since I was 6. 😢

He had a good heart but he was always a prankster and mischievous. I've lost quite a few friends that have gone down the wrong path and honestly I attribute my addiction to motorcycles as keeping me from going down that road.

Congratulations Doofus on the sobriety and motorcycle. It sounds like you have a good woman don't mess that up!

doofus
2/22/2021 12:52am
haydos25 wrote:
I missed this when you originally posted it, but for some reason i felt like today i had to read it from start to finish. It...
I missed this when you originally posted it, but for some reason i felt like today i had to read it from start to finish. It was a rollercoaster for a long time there, but im so pumped to see you come through the other side.

Enjoy your girls mate, and for gods sake look after that wife of yours, she's an angle by the sounds. Your best days are in front, and all the hard times you've been through will only make them better.

Dang man, I really appreciate ya taking the time to read it all.

And she’s been a godsend for sure! They say you’re a medium of the company you keep, I find that to be so true. Hang around people who are going backwards and you’ll follow suit. The opposite is also true.

Ya know, as odd as this may sound... even if I could go back to the day I cased that jump and started all this... I wouldn’t change anything. As god awful and desperate as it got at times, as convinced as I was I’d never make it out... just makes living a regular life that much sweeter now. I learned so much about myself and the people in my life. My girl and my parents are the 3 people in my life that never ever gave up hope or gave up on me. You find out quick who’s really there for ya when you’re behind bars with nothing to offer... I called my dad every morning to tell em I loved him and missed em, and my girl kept my head up and on straight.

The first few weeks in jail I was coming off 8mg subs and shooting a gram of meth a day. My cell was up top in the block and I barely had the strength to grab my tray and walk back up there to eat. Oddly enough the sub withdrawal overpowered the meth detox and I couldn’t sleep for weeks. Beyond that, the block was overcrowded and I was the 3rd guy in the cell sleeping on a mat on the concrete floor.

The day I decided “fuck this I’m gonna try to workout today, I don’t care how weak and shaky I feel” is the day the withdrawal stopped. Honest to god. I started sleeping thru the night and got my appetite back and again as crazy as it may sound, even tho I was in jail I was so happy to be returning back to normal. Never thought I’d feel that way again. The best thing for us in life often seems like the hardest thing you could do
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
2/22/2021 12:28pm
doofus wrote:
The most critical thing in my recovery has been that I met this amazing woman. When we met she had a solid career, owned her home...
The most critical thing in my recovery has been that I met this amazing woman. When we met she had a solid career, owned her home, college educated. Never been in trouble or even involved with any kind of drugs. I just got out of jail, no job, no licence, no car and was 30 living with my parents. She helped me change all of that. She had faith in me when I didnt in myself. I was still using when we met and she was patient but held me accountable thru the many attempts I made but one day I got it right! Here we are a year ago on my 31st birthday

What a awesome update 👍
So glad you found a beautiful woman to share your life with.

My oldest son has been battling opiates for a good 17-18 years now. He’s 43 and has lost everything and is currently living day to day who knows where. Once the ability to find pills he got into heroin. Much cheaper I guess. Anyway long story short he has been n and out of jail, arrested so many times I’ve lost track. Guessing 15-26 times by now. He comes out of jail healthy and strong, does well for a month or two, then inevitably it’s a downward spiral until he gets arrested again. Me n his mom are on edge anytime we get a late call or a knock on the door. He’s had so many chances with rehabs etc but it all comes down to him wanting to do it and he’s not been able to so far. Brutal to watch. He’s no dummy....very smart and skilled.

So happy to hear of your success. You should be very proud of yourself
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
2/22/2021 1:08pm
Bravo, Doofus. Keep up the good work!
doofus
2/22/2021 1:25pm
doofus wrote:
The most critical thing in my recovery has been that I met this amazing woman. When we met she had a solid career, owned her home...
The most critical thing in my recovery has been that I met this amazing woman. When we met she had a solid career, owned her home, college educated. Never been in trouble or even involved with any kind of drugs. I just got out of jail, no job, no licence, no car and was 30 living with my parents. She helped me change all of that. She had faith in me when I didnt in myself. I was still using when we met and she was patient but held me accountable thru the many attempts I made but one day I got it right! Here we are a year ago on my 31st birthday

KennyT wrote:
What a awesome update 👍 So glad you found a beautiful woman to share your life with. My oldest son has been battling opiates for a...
What a awesome update 👍
So glad you found a beautiful woman to share your life with.

My oldest son has been battling opiates for a good 17-18 years now. He’s 43 and has lost everything and is currently living day to day who knows where. Once the ability to find pills he got into heroin. Much cheaper I guess. Anyway long story short he has been n and out of jail, arrested so many times I’ve lost track. Guessing 15-26 times by now. He comes out of jail healthy and strong, does well for a month or two, then inevitably it’s a downward spiral until he gets arrested again. Me n his mom are on edge anytime we get a late call or a knock on the door. He’s had so many chances with rehabs etc but it all comes down to him wanting to do it and he’s not been able to so far. Brutal to watch. He’s no dummy....very smart and skilled.

So happy to hear of your success. You should be very proud of yourself
Dang brotha that’s tough I’m sorry to hear. I remember doing heroin and waking up to my mom standing over the top of me and flipping out on her.

Years later now that I’m clean she told me she used to stay up all night doing that to make sure I kept breathing. Ya don’t know the hell ya put loved ones thru till you are in your right mind.

It may sound redundant to you at this point... but if the addict is still alive there’s still hope. I’m quite sure nobody ever saw steeve-O getting clean but he’s doing great these days.

I hope the best for y’all and I appreciate the support

Post a reply to: does drug rehab work?

The Latest