dna study proves Darwin and evolution wrong

Sunhouse
7/23/2018 12:32pm
FLmxer wrote:
I know right. Ha I put my size12 croc there for size reference. They are about 300lbs each and I have 16. Only a few people...
I know right. Ha I put my size12 croc there for size reference. They are about 300lbs each and I have 16.
Only a few people have bread these highly endangered animals and the first wild one in 100 years hatched on the Galapagos this year. I plan on being added to that group. With out captive husbandry your kids would be only reading about these in books as they would be extinct as well as many other species.
How did you start breeding them? That is really cool!
Here is one I met two weeks ago in Samoa. What is the difference between this and the ones you have?

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
7/23/2018 12:34pm
Speeking of evolution. Each island in the Galapagos is unique and each tortoise evolved to adhere to its habitat. One island has high vegatation so those locale Galapagos tortoises evolved into having tall shells and long legs and necks like the 2 on the outside of my pic to reach the high vegetation. Another island there has no high vegatation only ground cover so that locale tortoises developed into low profiles and short legs and necks like the one eating in the middle. Really cool science. The islands with the highest vegatation animals are even more extreme heights and super long necks and legs.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
7/23/2018 12:43pm
As you can see these have evolved into the tallest due to their island having really tall vegatation which are also the most endangered locale because the food is almost out of reach. Not my pic.

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
7/23/2018 12:53pm
FLmxer wrote:
I know right. Ha I put my size12 croc there for size reference. They are about 300lbs each and I have 16. Only a few people...
I know right. Ha I put my size12 croc there for size reference. They are about 300lbs each and I have 16.
Only a few people have bread these highly endangered animals and the first wild one in 100 years hatched on the Galapagos this year. I plan on being added to that group. With out captive husbandry your kids would be only reading about these in books as they would be extinct as well as many other species.
Sunhouse wrote:
How did you start breeding them? That is really cool! Here is one I met two weeks ago in Samoa. What is the difference between this...
How did you start breeding them? That is really cool!
Here is one I met two weeks ago in Samoa. What is the difference between this and the ones you have?

That is a sea turtle and mine are land tortoises. Not a lot of difference because species of sea turtle are highly endangered as well but would be impossible to captive breed a sea turtle who needs thousands of miles of ocean to be happy. Lol . I help finance programs that establish endangered animals back into the wild.

The Shop

7/23/2018 3:11pm
I mean think about it.

Your watching a movie. That’s all we are doing. Watching a big movie. When we die it could be like if the power goes out in a movie theatre. Darkness. Nothing.

Or if could be a gateway to the afterlife.....

What’s not to understand about that hypothesis ?
Ebs
7/23/2018 3:23pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2018 3:24pm
I mean think about it. Your watching a movie. That’s all we are doing. Watching a big movie. When we die it could be like if...
I mean think about it.

Your watching a movie. That’s all we are doing. Watching a big movie. When we die it could be like if the power goes out in a movie theatre. Darkness. Nothing.

Or if could be a gateway to the afterlife.....

What’s not to understand about that hypothesis ?
Do you have similar thoughts about birth? That you are something before developing in the womb?
7/23/2018 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2018 5:19pm
Yea at what point is the soul created?i think it’s at the exact moment of conception.

Like tannerite. Seperate it is waiting for the Big Bang. But together it becomes the Big Bang....

What do you think?
hard2kill
7/24/2018 6:42am
Yea at what point is the soul created?i think it’s at the exact moment of conception. Like tannerite. Seperate it is waiting for the Big Bang...
Yea at what point is the soul created?i think it’s at the exact moment of conception.

Like tannerite. Seperate it is waiting for the Big Bang. But together it becomes the Big Bang....

What do you think?
The Biblical Christian perspective as i understand it is that when one dies they enter eternity. Since eternity has no beginning or ending, it is time no more, then our soul would be with God prior to (for lack of a better term) our birth.

I am not pretending to have a grasp on this just offering some thought. Here are a couple of verses that seem to support this idea from a biblical perspective:

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee,....

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world,.....

Jesus' prayer just before heading to the cross:

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
7/24/2018 6:57am
So much to question. So many theories.
Maybe outer space is just like plasma in a larger organism. Just like the earth and space is so big beyond comprehension and the stars and galaxies are like molecules or Micro micro organisms that make up a larger organism. Ha it is mind blowing to fathom. So interesting that life can form overnight in a cup of water in the form of algae.
gabrielito
7/24/2018 7:03am
Yea at what point is the soul created?i think it’s at the exact moment of conception. Like tannerite. Seperate it is waiting for the Big Bang...

What do you think?
hard2kill wrote:
The Biblical Christian perspective as i understand it is that when one dies they enter eternity. Since eternity has no [b]beginning[/b] or ending, it is time...
The Biblical Christian perspective as i understand it is that when one dies they enter eternity. Since eternity has no beginning or ending, it is time no more, then our soul would be with God prior to (for lack of a better term) our birth.

I am not pretending to have a grasp on this just offering some thought. Here are a couple of verses that seem to support this idea from a biblical perspective:

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee,....

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world,.....

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
That is a misconception. It is pretty universally accepted Christian doctrine that there will be a physical resurrection and the "heavens and earth" will be made new to how they were originally intended.
7/24/2018 7:16am
FLmxer wrote:
So much to question. So many theories. Maybe outer space is just like plasma in a larger organism. Just like the earth and space is so...
Maybe outer space is just like plasma in a larger organism. Just like the earth and space is so big beyond comprehension and the stars and galaxies are like molecules or Micro micro organisms that make up a larger organism. Ha it is mind blowing to fathom. So interesting that life can form overnight in a cup of water in the form of algae.
That's following the thought that maggots are born from rotting meat.

Life doesn't form from nothing. It becomes more apparent because the algae, that was already there, multiplies.
hard2kill
7/24/2018 7:19am

What do you think?
hard2kill wrote:
The Biblical Christian perspective as i understand it is that when one dies they enter eternity. Since eternity has no [b]beginning[/b] or ending, it is time...

gabrielito wrote:
That is a misconception. It is pretty universally accepted Christian doctrine that there will be a physical resurrection and the "heavens and earth" will be made...
That is a misconception. It is pretty universally accepted Christian doctrine that there will be a physical resurrection and the "heavens and earth" will be made new to how they were originally intended.
Yes i agree with that, i was just attempting to offer a deeper perspective of eternity. What about the "time" between death and the restoration?

I think that from the perspective of eternity (which we can not grasp, but would be God's perspective) the physical resurrection and the restoration have already occurred. Think of it like we are in a sorta (time out) at the moment, but the opposite as we have actually been placed into the constraints of time.

Most people think of eternity like infinity or the longest possible future time, however it would also be the longest possible past time. It is the full picture in an instant.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
7/24/2018 7:22am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 7:25am
FLmxer wrote:
So much to question. So many theories. Maybe outer space is just like plasma in a larger organism. Just like the earth and space is so...
That's following the thought that maggots are born from rotting meat. Life doesn't form from nothing. It becomes more apparent because the algae, that was already...
That's following the thought that maggots are born from rotting meat.

Life doesn't form from nothing. It becomes more apparent because the algae, that was already there, multiplies.
Lol Yes but still intriguing none the less. So much to question. Sorry learning corey Taylor songs and can't get that out of my head. Ha
akillerwombat
7/24/2018 7:27am
In 100,000 years the Bible will be 103,500 years old and Harry Potter will be 100,010 years old.
7/24/2018 7:45am
In 100,000 years the Bible will be 103,500 years old and Harry Potter will be 100,010 years old.
So there will be an 11 year skip sometime in the next 100,000 years?
akillerwombat
7/24/2018 7:47am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 7:47am
So there will be an 11 year skip sometime in the next 100,000 years?
Just like the Bible, it depends on which version you choose to follow.
early
Fantasy
2212th
7/24/2018 7:57am
hard2kill wrote:
Yes i agree with that, i was just attempting to offer a deeper perspective of eternity. What about the "time" between death and the restoration? I...
Yes i agree with that, i was just attempting to offer a deeper perspective of eternity. What about the "time" between death and the restoration?

I think that from the perspective of eternity (which we can not grasp, but would be God's perspective) the physical resurrection and the restoration have already occurred. Think of it like we are in a sorta (time out) at the moment, but the opposite as we have actually been placed into the constraints of time.

Most people think of eternity like infinity or the longest possible future time, however it would also be the longest possible past time. It is the full picture in an instant.
If "a person" exists in eternity before and after their time on Earth, is their existence in eternity affected by their beliefs or actions during their time on Earth?
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
7/24/2018 8:04am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 4:01pm
I like turtles!!
hard2kill
7/24/2018 9:05am
hard2kill wrote:
Yes i agree with that, i was just attempting to offer a deeper perspective of eternity. What about the "time" between death and the restoration? I...

early wrote:
If "a person" exists in eternity before and after their time on Earth, is their existence in eternity affected by their beliefs or actions during their...
If "a person" exists in eternity before and after their time on Earth, is their existence in eternity affected by their beliefs or actions during their time on Earth?
I would say not our existence but our place in eternity is effected not by our beliefs and actions, but by our faith. That may sound contradictory to some, but faith is much different than a belief. Additionally faith does usually produce actions. But the individual beliefs and actions are by no means the deciding factor, it is the faith alone.

Nor is it the purpose of our time on earth to earn our position in eternity, Earth was intended for eternity (heaven and Earth were joined) until sin entered in, thus the (time out--in"). There is nothing required of us, and that is part of the good news (gospel) also that is an aspect of faith.

These are deep questions and I am not trying to argue these views to anyone, just offering them up for discussion. It is also difficult to address these questions thoroughly on a forum. It requires a book.
hard2kill
7/24/2018 9:09am
early wrote:
Science works under the assumption it is wrong. Faith works under the assumption it is right.
Are you right about that?
early
Fantasy
2212th
7/24/2018 9:32am
hard2kill wrote:
Well, the Scientific Method was developed with the goal of proving hypotheses right with the assumption they are wrong, not the other way around. When I think about the colloquial use of "faith" you may say "I have faith in something" which means you don't know for sure but think it's true, or an assumption it is right or true. You have outlined a more distinct definition of faith for yourself personally so we may not be talking about the same things.
hard2kill
7/24/2018 10:47am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2018 11:11am
hard2kill wrote:
early wrote:
Well, the Scientific Method was developed with the goal of proving hypotheses right with the assumption they are wrong, not the other way around. When I...
Well, the Scientific Method was developed with the goal of proving hypotheses right with the assumption they are wrong, not the other way around. When I think about the colloquial use of "faith" you may say "I have faith in something" which means you don't know for sure but think it's true, or an assumption it is right or true. You have outlined a more distinct definition of faith for yourself personally so we may not be talking about the same things.
All truth statements work on the assumption that they are right even your statement that "Science works under the assumption it is wrong. Faith works under the assumption it is right." Do you see that it takes faith to make such a statement, not that it is a statement without evidence but a statement because of the evidence. You can interpret the evidence in many ways, that's no secret today.

What has become the ordinary use of the word faith is not the meaning of the word at all (as used by the historical authors). It is not my personal definition, but the intended definition of the authors.The foundational meaning. Now you could argue that meaning evolves and changes, and it certainly does in some ways, but if we do not have a foundation to hold to then everything becomes pointless and there is no method by which to establish anything science or otherwise.
early
Fantasy
2212th
7/24/2018 11:22am
hard2kill wrote:
All truth statements work on the assumption that they are right even your statement that "Science works under the assumption it is wrong. Faith works under...
All truth statements work on the assumption that they are right even your statement that "Science works under the assumption it is wrong. Faith works under the assumption it is right." Do you see that it takes faith to make such a statement, not that it is a statement without evidence but a statement because of the evidence. You can interpret the evidence in many ways, that's no secret today.

What has become the ordinary use of the word faith is not the meaning of the word at all (as used by the historical authors). It is not my personal definition, but the intended definition of the authors.The foundational meaning. Now you could argue that meaning evolves and changes, and it certainly does in some ways, but if we do not have a foundation to hold to then everything becomes pointless and there is no method by which to establish anything science or otherwise.
The parsing of all things eventually leads to a level of uncertainty. Knowledge, language, science all can be broken down to points of uncertainty. Science tells us that life is made from cells which are made from DNA, which is made from elements, which are made from particles, which are made from energy. Taken to it's scientific end, life is made from organized energy. We can't exactly observe that, but we can observe steps further up the chain.

Similar to the way language may be parsed to a level of truth that is unknown. Which is why when most religious texts are parsed far enough they don't necessarily contradict science. However most religious leaders (especially the loudest ones) are not interested in supporting a very open interpretation of the writings. Thus we have those that believe religion and evolution of man cannot exist at the same time.
BMSOBx2
7/24/2018 11:33am
Been following this for three pages. The good news is Jesus is coming. The bad news is he's really pissed off.

LaughingLaughingLaughing
hard2kill
7/24/2018 11:55am
early wrote:
The parsing of all things eventually leads to a level of uncertainty. Knowledge, language, science all can be broken down to points of uncertainty. Science tells...
The parsing of all things eventually leads to a level of uncertainty. Knowledge, language, science all can be broken down to points of uncertainty. Science tells us that life is made from cells which are made from DNA, which is made from elements, which are made from particles, which are made from energy. Taken to it's scientific end, life is made from organized energy. We can't exactly observe that, but we can observe steps further up the chain.

Similar to the way language may be parsed to a level of truth that is unknown. Which is why when most religious texts are parsed far enough they don't necessarily contradict science. However most religious leaders (especially the loudest ones) are not interested in supporting a very open interpretation of the writings. Thus we have those that believe religion and evolution of man cannot exist at the same time.
I can agree with most of that although i still think you are perhaps confusing uncertainty with faith, when they couldn't be further apart from one another.
Also your statement: "However most religious leaders (especially the loudest ones) are not interested in supporting a very open interpretation of the writings."

While i don't necessarily disagree with this the same exact statement could be made about science:
However most scientific leaders (especially the loudest ones) are not interested in supporting a very open interpretation of the evidence."
And even more so when the interpretation begins to drift away from previously established teachings. Rather than truly looking for answers we are much more inclined to look for confirmation.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
7/24/2018 6:47pm
FLmxer wrote:
I didn't read the last two pages but I am obviously a big fan of Darwin. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/23/276386/s1200_20171212_121502.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/23/276387/s1200_20171022_143639.jpg[/img]
I didn't read the last two pages but I am obviously a big fan of Darwin.

I decided to avoid this thread but am now glad I gave it another look. Turtles fucking rock! I've got a much smaller version crawling around here, a little Russian Tort.
early
Fantasy
2212th
7/24/2018 8:15pm
hard2kill wrote:
I can agree with most of that although i still think you are perhaps confusing uncertainty with faith, when they couldn't be further apart from one...
I can agree with most of that although i still think you are perhaps confusing uncertainty with faith, when they couldn't be further apart from one another.
Also your statement: "However most religious leaders (especially the loudest ones) are not interested in supporting a very open interpretation of the writings."

While i don't necessarily disagree with this the same exact statement could be made about science:
However most scientific leaders (especially the loudest ones) are not interested in supporting a very open interpretation of the evidence."
And even more so when the interpretation begins to drift away from previously established teachings. Rather than truly looking for answers we are much more inclined to look for confirmation.
Yes, some people crave attention and gain it thru any means they can.

Anyway thanks for the clean conversation. The sun will come up tomorrow and there's a big beautiful incredible world out there no matter where it came from, enjoy it while you can.
Firefly47
7/28/2018 1:39pm
My observation -
Those whom believe in creationism are generally the same bunch of idiots that believe vaccinations cause autism.
The only real thing we can ALL be sure of is that once we're born, we all die in the end. There's no way out.
Sweetd31
7/30/2018 1:47pm
As an actual biological scientist with dense background in molecular genetics... You have started a a dumbass thread.

Post a reply to: dna study proves Darwin and evolution wrong

The Latest