calling JFO92 pink panther

B DUB 333
Hey man, I'm in trouble with my home audio. My son's talked to you about his stuff in the past n says you know your stuff. The equipment is all fairly high end and it's not sounding right. Klipsch Forte II denon avr 44306 and a old school Yamaha P-2200 amp. We can't get it right, I think we need custom cables for the amp? I don't know. Please text me at 507-461-0317 whenever you feel like it, we'd be happy to compensate, just need my tunes to work right. The tools at best buy said the amp is incompatible with the receiver. I say bs, but maybe they're right. I used to use an adcom 555 but I like the yami better. Thanks in advance
|
B DUB 333
6/21/2018 8:21am
JAFO92 wrote:
You got mail.
I'm sorry but I can't find it anywhere, I checked my email and the vital messages deal. My email is bwrightuimn@gmail.com thanks again, sorry to.be a pain.
Rooster
6/21/2018 11:58am
The Yamaha amp probably doesn't have any RCA inputs. You'll have to get some 1/4" to RCA cables. Don't bother with the XLR's as there's no way to get a balanced signal from the Denon.

Not sure why you're using the Yamaha at all. The Denon has RCA outs in case for use as a pre-amp. But only using a single outboard amplifier will likely cause you to have some issues in getting the gains set correctly to match up with the other channels still being amplified by the Denon for home theater use.

I suppose for a 2 channel music setting using the Yamaha for the fronts would work nicely. I'm a big fan of Yamaha's commercial amps. I used to run a few of them with some SV series cabinets, but always found that for home use a commercial amp had to be run pretty hard to really get a nice sound. Lower volumes never sounded clean, but once you got past half volume they really start to shine. That may have had more to do with the commercial cabinet's compression horns and less to do with the amps though. I never never did try running any home speakers off the big amps.

Post a reply to: calling JFO92 pink panther

The Latest