anyone here have Iracing?

scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
Edited Date/Time 5/11/2017 7:13pm
really looking at setting up a simulator for Iracing, esp the dirt version that has just come out, anyone on here have it set up?
|
Huevos450R
Fantasy
3321st
4/5/2017 6:21am
I`ve been on Iracing for the last 3-4 years and love it. Best sim by far. I started with a G27 and got a T300rs a year ago. The content can get expensive quick, I probably have 300-400$ invested in the game so far.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
4/5/2017 10:56am
I ordered the full sim set up yesterday with a TS PC Racer Wheel seat, triple screens, really gone over the top, , should be installed in a couple of weeks, looking forward to it,
Huevos450R
Fantasy
3321st
4/5/2017 11:34am
scott_nz wrote:
I ordered the full sim set up yesterday with a TS PC Racer Wheel seat, triple screens, really gone over the top, , should be installed...
I ordered the full sim set up yesterday with a TS PC Racer Wheel seat, triple screens, really gone over the top, , should be installed in a couple of weeks, looking forward to it,
Did you look into VR?. I tried it and its awesome. With the triple setup you`re probably around the same $$.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
4/5/2017 5:24pm
scott_nz wrote:
I ordered the full sim set up yesterday with a TS PC Racer Wheel seat, triple screens, really gone over the top, , should be installed...
Huevos450R wrote:
Did you look into VR?. I tried it and its awesome. With the triple setup you`re probably around the same $$.
did not, i might try that,

The Shop

MR. X
4/5/2017 6:00pm
scott_nz wrote:
Can you post some pics when it's done? Always thought the home driving sims were really cool.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
4/5/2017 6:35pm
just looked into the VR, and its twice the price of a 3 screen set up down here, prices seem to be dropping so may upgrade to that in the future,

no problem to post some pics,
MR. X
4/5/2017 6:44pm
I was just checking a video on youtube of the iracing dirt ,they had some shots of the dude racing with the 3 screens , super rad.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
4/5/2017 10:02pm
MR. X wrote:
I was just checking a video on youtube of the iracing dirt ,they had some shots of the dude racing with the 3 screens , super...
I was just checking a video on youtube of the iracing dirt ,they had some shots of the dude racing with the 3 screens , super rad.
the videos I watched i the 410 sprint cars and the super late models are what made me decide it was time,

its costing me around what a good year old 125 would cost here, so that upgrade will have to come later,
david225
4/6/2017 6:35am
I always wanted to invest time into this game but it looks to be real challenging. I subscribed one time and played with an XBOX controller and it was basically impossible to play.

Looking forward to hear how the learning curve goes for you!
Huevos450R
Fantasy
3321st
4/6/2017 10:16am
I have an A licence in both oval and road. I predominantly only race road but the last few weeks I`ve been jumping in oval. It is definitely the most rewarding experience in a sim and will take a lot of practice to get good. I`ll post a pic of my POS rig made from MDF and 2x4s latter. Only about $80 invested and it works great for me.
ThorsMX
4/6/2017 10:33am
Have a setup that has the peddles under my desktop with Steering wheel bolted to slide out....
Always wanted something like this but the cost is that of a small house.

Huevos450R
Fantasy
3321st
4/6/2017 7:59pm
Here is my POS rig, made from mdf and 2x4s. AS you can see i made it to short and had to extend the foot box. You can find a car seat for cheap like 10-20$ at a junk yard. I have it on wheels so I can move it around.

kaptkaos
4/9/2017 7:22pm
I have been on iRacing since it was in Beta. Thats a real long time and a lot of yearly subscriptions. I go through phases where I hate it and I have put it down for up to a year at a time. That being said, it is the ONLY game I really consider to be a true simulation. I have an A road license and a D oval because I hate oval racing and the crashfest it is.

You dont need a sim chassis to get the most out of it. You need a modded Logitech G27 or Thrustmaster, and a $100 wheel/pedal stand. Yes you want to triple head monitors and good video cards, but I would do that anyways for work. I have recently gone the VR route with an HTC Vive and it is incredible in the game Project Cars, not so much iRacing. iRacing has always been a step behind in the graphics department.

If you are not willing to practice, test and race like you actually paid for the race car then you will struggle with the safety ratings feature. You cannot advance in the game if you are crashing, or putting two wheels off track. You get penalized for everything in this sim. SR is hard to earn and easy to lose. You have to invest time and money, but if you are into sim racing, its well worth it. Every year they have a decent sale and you can get content at big discounts. Thats when I buy stuff and extend my sub, even if I havent used it. Its been about a year since I was on last and I still pay my sub, I probably will nevr stop even though i am spending moretime on Project Cars now.

Its funny, there was a time when I would NEVER consider playing without online multiplayer. But due to the proliferation if idiots, now i am really happy that PCars has a good game and decent computer AI. Since I dont invest hours on making a setup, or learning how to get every last tenth out of every corner I am highly challenged by the AI.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
4/24/2017 2:48am
had the first night of racing iracing tonight, have not gone through many steps to get into real races yet, but practiced on a couple of tracks by myself, and then did an open practice at Volusia, ran pretty good, takes a bit to get used to, but seemed to be pretty competitive straight away,
4/24/2017 9:28pm
I know that a lot of NASCAR drivers play the shit out of I-racing.

It would be cool as funk to race with Kyle Larson in a Sprint Car race online.
motoman617
4/24/2017 10:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2017 10:39pm
Here is my setup. AccuForce Pro, HPP Pedals, 4Play Racing 80/20 rig and much much more. I have actually updated the monitors since this picture was taken. Got some new Dell 27" monitors.

Dirt is a blast on iRacing. You are going love it.

scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
4/25/2017 12:36am
motoman617 wrote:
Here is my setup. AccuForce Pro, HPP Pedals, 4Play Racing 80/20 rig and much much more. I have actually updated the monitors since this picture was...
Here is my setup. AccuForce Pro, HPP Pedals, 4Play Racing 80/20 rig and much much more. I have actually updated the monitors since this picture was taken. Got some new Dell 27" monitors.

Dirt is a blast on iRacing. You are going love it.

Loving dirt so far, but wingless sprint cars are very hard to control , 410 winged cars are my favourite so far

Good to see someone has gone even more over the top than me. ,
MR. X
4/25/2017 5:15am
Get the fuck out of here ! That is so rad !
FOSSILMOTO
4/25/2017 6:39am
I've been sim racing for years. When I moved from console to PC , I looked into I Racing, but the more I researched ,
Automobilista looked to have the most realistic physics.

motoman617
4/25/2017 8:08pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2017 8:18pm
Yeah the 410 winged is my favorite dirt car also. I hope to try out the wingless this weekend. Just got a new video card but can't install it or play. My house is getting tented in the morning for termites and I can't get back in till Friday night.

Some of the dudes on the iRacing hardware forums have rigs that make mine look like a erector set. Full motion rigs. Pretty impressive stuff.

Since I can't ride anymore this is my hobby. Not as fun as moto but it gives me a racing fix.

I enjoy playing Project Cars and Dirt Rally. Looking forward to both of the sequels of those. I wish iRacing would setup where you could race against other drivers best laps like you can in a game like Forza. You see them on screen and race against them. It would be fun if you don't have time to practice all the time and set aside time for a race.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
5/11/2017 7:13pm
been playing for a about a month now, love it, mostly been running 410 sprintcars and NAscar Trucks on ovals,

you get taken out a lot, esp if you qualify bad, but you get some really good racing in as well, loving it so far,

the update made the wingless cars a bit more driveable which is cool,

Post a reply to: anyone here have Iracing?

The Latest