angry dad vs school

Edited Date/Time 12/22/2014 12:07pm
oh man first let me put my flame suit on..............

ok so we all know we live in a new age where everyone is sesative etc etc......
for those with school age kids you may relate to this.

son got punched in the face by a kid at the bus stop. the kid got 2 hits in before my son grabed him in a head lock took him to the ground and began repaying the favor. he got a few hits in before other kids broke it up.

now these 2 boys have prior history. the last time it was one sided my son didnt fight back and just told the school. nothing was done other than a "hey stop it"

well i was gonna let this one pass as well. let boys be boys. then my son tells me this kids friends say that they will jump him to get him back. so my son decides its not worth the fight and takes a new route to get home etc etc......

i contact the school and say we need to do something. the asst principle meets with me. we agree my son needs to stick to his regular route and not fear anything.

i call back to the school to follow up and see if any thing has happen to prevent futher fighting. the AP tells me my son is at fault for hitting the other kid back.

needless to say i have gone back to the school and now demand action and told the AP what i though of him.

i now have a packet of paperwork i need to fill out to take this to the district level. at this point im not even upset about the fight but the schools lack of action.

so in the schools own code of conduct it does say self defense is allowed. the AP says well hitting someone back isnt self defense. my argument is that this happen at a bus stop and there are no adults to tuen to. so in this case my son used what he deemend neccesary to defend himself. the AP answewr was he should have turned his back to the kid.

I have pushed the issue and now the AP is telling me that moving forward will not be worht the effort and with out saying the actual words doenst want me to move forward.
|
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
12/17/2014 9:22am
Complete bullshit. If kids (plural) say they are going to jump him and then do, have your son carry a baton/bat and beat the bag out of any of them that come near him. That is the definition of self defense.
hvaughn88
12/17/2014 9:24am
Damn, that's a tough one. I'll tread lightly since I don't know all the details, but if it happened like that and it was my son, I would use this as an experience to show him that sometimes life isn't fair, but that doesn't mean not to stick up for yourself. I know that doesn't help and/or fix the problem, but to be honest, I doubt anything would happen since your kid did fight back. I know that's total bullshit, but just the way things are now, unfortunately. I would let my son know that giving the kid an ass beating from hell outside of school grounds and away from everyone could possibly fix the problem though, haha.
MR. X
12/17/2014 9:25am Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 9:26am
One of the biggest reasons i don't want to have kids , the BS that goes on in school that is established by dip shit administrators .
71Fish
12/17/2014 9:25am
If I was the AP with that answer, my rationale would be that your son did more than he needed to do to stop te other kid from hitting him. In other words, he should have just held him down (he had him down with a headlock, right) until the other kids broke it up, but he took a few shots while he had him down.

From what you wrote, that is what I'm thinking the AP is getting at.

I agree though, boys will be boys. They will fight, then next week they'll be hanging out like nothing happened.

The Shop

Old-Man
12/17/2014 9:30am
The AP was brought up sucking his Moma's tit all his life and has no experience with real world problems. Take it to the next level.
12/17/2014 9:33am Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 9:35am
71Fish wrote:
If I was the AP with that answer, my rationale would be that your son did more than he needed to do to stop te other...
If I was the AP with that answer, my rationale would be that your son did more than he needed to do to stop te other kid from hitting him. In other words, he should have just held him down (he had him down with a headlock, right) until the other kids broke it up, but he took a few shots while he had him down.

From what you wrote, that is what I'm thinking the AP is getting at.

I agree though, boys will be boys. They will fight, then next week they'll be hanging out like nothing happened.
ha thats exactly what he said. i laughed and said
1. a 13 year old child doesnt have the mental state required to just sit on someone. you get hit in the face twice the first responce is fight back if not your probably french or canadian lol.

2. this was at a bus stop there were no adults to stop what was happening. he was alone and had to do something.

3. these two have histry where it was one sided and it has escalated to this. what happens next time?

of and the last one......... the AP didnt even call the other parents until i follwed up and by then it was over a week.

for the record i am proud of my son for defending himself and i was already leaning towards home/online school next year and well this just makes it a done deal. it will infact give us more flexability to ride the dirt scooter together and provide a far better education.

but im not leaving public school without shaking things up lol. you cant scream anti bully this anti bully that yet remain passive when something happens.

TailSoHard
12/17/2014 9:41am Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 9:43am
Old-Man wrote:
The AP was brought up sucking his Moma's tit all his life and has no experience with real world problems. Take it to the next level.
my thoughts exactly. gone are the days of a grumpy old WWII veteran teaching you about how the Nazi's slaughtered all of his friends. now days you get taught by some liberal yuppy that's never held a firearm or gotten in an actual fight. that AP has probably never laid a finger on anyone in their life, much less defend themselves after getting jumped. preaching self-defense and actually defending yourself are two completely different scenarios. this is why kids are so fucked up these days and are prescribed all kinds of crazy pills to "make them normal again"

sounds like the AP is the one that needs the ass-beating. obviously you probably shouldn't be the one to give out said ass-beating, but taking it to the higher-ups is usually a good way to go
12/17/2014 9:49am
biggest mistake AP made was giving me the packet to fill out and telling me to take it home. now i have al the time i need to make a bold statement with my words that i know will be seen by the district. had he told me to fill it out on the spot i would have been quyick and to the point.

and a little folow up...... the police are involved not on my behalf but the aparment staff know this other kid and problems he causes and no longer will allow him on the property (aparment complex.... long story... temporary housing solution).
alos there was another fight between two other kids at the bus stop yesturday and mr AP said he had heard something but dint know who it was.....
500guy
12/17/2014 10:08am
Ap sounds short for "ass puss"

Mr Ass Puss please report to the avoidance and back turning room.
whyZ
12/17/2014 10:57am
Just wondering. Have you talked to the other kids parents? If they are as reasonable as you sound, maybe it could be dealt with, without the school involved.
Tracktor
12/17/2014 11:00am
My kids know if they can't get out of a fight to hit first and don't stop until the other kid is down. Both my boys have been suspended from school for fighting with bullies. The last one was when my youngest took down a kid who was picking on another kid. My boy doesn't even like the kid he was defending but since he has a learning disability he didn't think it was fair that he was being picked on.
The schools aren't really interested in anything other than covering their ass legally. In every fight situation both kids get suspended as policy. That's fine it gives me a chance to teach my kids a life lesson which isn't the schools job anyway.
We also homeschool one kid and may start the boys again here soon. It's a great option...............
IWreckALot
12/17/2014 12:02pm
Tracktor wrote:
My kids know if they can't get out of a fight to hit first and don't stop until the other kid is down. Both my boys...
My kids know if they can't get out of a fight to hit first and don't stop until the other kid is down. Both my boys have been suspended from school for fighting with bullies. The last one was when my youngest took down a kid who was picking on another kid. My boy doesn't even like the kid he was defending but since he has a learning disability he didn't think it was fair that he was being picked on.
The schools aren't really interested in anything other than covering their ass legally. In every fight situation both kids get suspended as policy. That's fine it gives me a chance to teach my kids a life lesson which isn't the schools job anyway.
We also homeschool one kid and may start the boys again here soon. It's a great option...............
This is the biggest fuckup of a problem. Public schools have every aspect of what a school is supposed to be, backwards. We'll just take this as an example. The AP said that the kid shouldn't have hit back right? Well, the first fight, he didn't fight back right? Nothing happened. So this time, he did fight back, then the AP acted like it was the kid was wrong for defending himself.

And now the answer is to home school? That seems like a lose lose situation to me. If the parent just WANTS to teach the kid, then I think it's great. But if the parents believe the kid will get a better education in a classroom, but the AP is seemingly encouraging bullies, that's flat out wrong. We pay DAMN good money through taxes to pay for that piece of shit AP. Time he starts earning that money or answer to someone higher.

I say give em hell muffs.
Sandberm
12/17/2014 12:47pm
My step-son went to the same highschool as me except it was 20 or so years later.

Wow! What a difference 20 years makes! Gone was the strong male Principal who was a military vet to be replaced by a bunch of OVER-ANALYZING women and weak males.

12/17/2014 3:06pm
oh man first let me put my flame suit on.............. ok so we all know we live in a new age where everyone is sesative etc...
oh man first let me put my flame suit on..............

ok so we all know we live in a new age where everyone is sesative etc etc......
for those with school age kids you may relate to this.

son got punched in the face by a kid at the bus stop. the kid got 2 hits in before my son grabed him in a head lock took him to the ground and began repaying the favor. he got a few hits in before other kids broke it up.

now these 2 boys have prior history. the last time it was one sided my son didnt fight back and just told the school. nothing was done other than a "hey stop it"

well i was gonna let this one pass as well. let boys be boys. then my son tells me this kids friends say that they will jump him to get him back. so my son decides its not worth the fight and takes a new route to get home etc etc......

i contact the school and say we need to do something. the asst principle meets with me. we agree my son needs to stick to his regular route and not fear anything.

i call back to the school to follow up and see if any thing has happen to prevent futher fighting. the AP tells me my son is at fault for hitting the other kid back.

needless to say i have gone back to the school and now demand action and told the AP what i though of him.

i now have a packet of paperwork i need to fill out to take this to the district level. at this point im not even upset about the fight but the schools lack of action.

so in the schools own code of conduct it does say self defense is allowed. the AP says well hitting someone back isnt self defense. my argument is that this happen at a bus stop and there are no adults to tuen to. so in this case my son used what he deemend neccesary to defend himself. the AP answewr was he should have turned his back to the kid.

I have pushed the issue and now the AP is telling me that moving forward will not be worht the effort and with out saying the actual words doenst want me to move forward.
Assuming the details are 100% accurate from your point of view.....Your kid did NO wrong!

Had a situation this year where the class bully made his rounds and finally got to my kid. First time .....I let it slide, second time I contacted the school...we had a meeting and they took care of it .........that lasted a few months. Third time.....I picked my kid up from school and followed the other kids bus to his place. Conveniently the father was outside.....as the bus rolled past I pulled in to the drive way....a little aggressively maybe! Laughing

Had a few choice words for him AND his kid!!! .....with the volume turned up and inches from his face!. Didnt give either of them a chance to say one fucking word.

After about a minute of what was probably the scariest encounter he had in a while (I could tell by his eyes getting all glassy and him getting the shakes)I lowered the volume and I told him if I ever came back to his place that he would never know I was there!

Dont know how I avoided a visit from the po po on that one but god damb it, I was heated up!!!Grinning

So far so good.....havent had any issues and from what my kid has told me he's still the class asshat , however he doesnt cause anyone in class any more problems.
Jakes Dad
12/18/2014 3:39am
Ben there done that many times over with Jake after the third time or so my wife's dealing's with the school didn't accomplish shit. I went up there and told whomever the people were in front of me that when the next kid touches him spits on him the gloves come off and I back him 100%. I told Jake to call me and I will be there. Only took one time Jake took care of his business I went there. And nothing was done to Jake the other kid was thrown out of school permanently as he was a transfer from another school which had thrown him out. The parents of the other kid giving Jake problems were called and warned the same thing would happen to their kid.

Come to find out a couple of teachers took it upon themselves to have many students put in writing on what had been going on and turned it over to the principal.
swtwtwtw
12/18/2014 5:23am
I suggest you do go to the district, the AP doesn't want that because it will "look poorly" for the school. The "hot" word to use is "bullying" and request that the district resolve the issue. Whether or not that you follow through, do not stay angry, it only clouds one's judgement and leaves destruction in its wake. Peace
12/18/2014 5:39am
thnaks for the support everybody.

i have asked to speak to the other parents the school has refused to facilitate that. my number was passed off to the other parent and i was told her reply was that she was not comfortable talking to me.

so to add a little mpore fuel to the fire my son does have a IEP so he does receive some special education services.

i wrote my statement last night and dated it for todsay. this is becasue the AP made it pretty clear he would rather me date in Jan 6th wich is after the X mas break. had he not made that comment i may have done that on my own but since he is pretty clear that he doesnt want to take action i will now force the issue and he can have his entire vacation time to work the issue.

i am already expecting him to close his investigsation with no results and i will appeal to the district.

12/18/2014 5:46am
here is the statement i attached to the "bully" report. since the AP also made it clear that privacy act stuff does not apply to these reports i have no problem posting it here. i did take out my sons name and put (name) cause really this could be anyones kid. please spare the grammar lessons lol

On December 5th my son approached me after school and said he had a bad day. When I asked why, he said he was punched in the face twice by another student at the bus stop. I asked more questions and he told me that he was involved in a verbal confrontation with a female student when another male student identified as “peanut” approached him. A verbal confrontation occurred between them and escalated when my son was struck in the face twice with a closed fist. With nowhere to retreat and no adults present (name) fought back to defend himself.

Immediately following the altercation my son started to get bullied and harassed at the school, on the bus and while walking home. It started with one kid threatening him by saying “if you tell your dad about this fight I will stick him”. Throughout the day he was told that if the fight had not got broken up that the other kid’s friends would have jumped in and helped beat up (name). He has endured constant harassment and bullying while on school property which has caused him to take an alternate route home. He gets off the bus a stop early, walks through a neighboring community, hides behind a building, throws his backpack over the fence and then crawls under the fence to get home. He told me he does this to avoid further harassment from the other kids. He has communicated to me every night his concern for his safety both at school and on his way home. This has become such an issue he says it distracts from his ability to pay attention in class.

This is easily defined as reasonable fear as (name) was assaulted by the same student on the bus earlier in the year. During that assault, (name) did not fight back and immediately told the bus driver and myself who then reported it to the school. I was not given any reassurance that anything was done to prevent it from happening again. (name) feels let down that he constantly reports issues and nothing is done to help him. This has escalated from an open hand slap, to a closed fist punch. Every adult involved here is responsible to take action to ensure it does not go any further.

By MSID’s own definition, bullying has occurred verbally, physically, on school property, and in a vehicle operated by the district. This has led to a reasonable fear of harm, was sufficiently severe enough to create an intimidating and threatening education environment and is interfering with his education. I have every confidence the school can find it within their power to take swift and firm action to ensure this matter is corrected and, as stated on the schools own website, provide a safe, secure and supportive environment for learning.

The actions taken by the administration so far have been unsatisfactory. I have been told (name) will also face disciplinary action if I chose to pursue this. Rather than punish (name) for being brave enough to speak up, he should be recognized and awarded. Not only has he gone out of his way to avoid further confrontation, he chose to tell an adult even when he was warned not to by other kids. (name) is the one being put in a no win situation while the aggressor is being protected.
12/18/2014 5:54am
i play a very very active role in my sons life. Hell all moto dads go above and beyond. because he does race MX he has social media accounts. i do look through them almost nightly as well as his phone. i may even go a little overboard and sometimes take off work early to for lack of better term "spy" on him. i will hide in bushes, under cars on roofs etc to observe him and his actions. that way i know for myself hes not being an ass hat. is he 100% angel no but he at about 99.9% which is pretty good considering how rotten i was lol.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
644th
12/18/2014 8:29am
I was talking with a women that one of my friends works with. She was upset because her son got in a fight and kicked out of school and the story was much like yours. On Monday, her son was at his locker and a kid came up and started swinging and basically kicked the shit out of him. She somehow had video of it on her phone. The whole thing, so it was obviously preempted. The kid didn't swing back, honestly he was blind sided and it was all on video. He went to school on Tuesday and another kid did the same thing to him. He took a couple of licks and a broken nose and then fought back. He got kicked out 5 days for fighting back. The principal said he should have walked away even though he received a broken nose before fighting back and the incident the day before wasn't proof that he was being harassed. Honestly, the video starts with him at his locker and another kid walking up, sucker punching him from the side and then go whaling on him.

She said she was so proud of him for fighting back because he is such a pussy and it scares the shit out her that he is such a pussy.. her words. She said that he gets picked on because he won't fight back and lets others run over him. This is a Mom and even Mom's know you have to stand up for yourself or it is only going to get worst. I don't know where the line is but sometimes, you just need to harden the fuck up.
12/18/2014 9:11am
I was talking with a women that one of my friends works with. She was upset because her son got in a fight and kicked out...
I was talking with a women that one of my friends works with. She was upset because her son got in a fight and kicked out of school and the story was much like yours. On Monday, her son was at his locker and a kid came up and started swinging and basically kicked the shit out of him. She somehow had video of it on her phone. The whole thing, so it was obviously preempted. The kid didn't swing back, honestly he was blind sided and it was all on video. He went to school on Tuesday and another kid did the same thing to him. He took a couple of licks and a broken nose and then fought back. He got kicked out 5 days for fighting back. The principal said he should have walked away even though he received a broken nose before fighting back and the incident the day before wasn't proof that he was being harassed. Honestly, the video starts with him at his locker and another kid walking up, sucker punching him from the side and then go whaling on him.

She said she was so proud of him for fighting back because he is such a pussy and it scares the shit out her that he is such a pussy.. her words. She said that he gets picked on because he won't fight back and lets others run over him. This is a Mom and even Mom's know you have to stand up for yourself or it is only going to get worst. I don't know where the line is but sometimes, you just need to harden the fuck up.
yeah mines been the same way. hes been riding mx for 5 years now and hes no small kid. he really is a gental giant around other kids. getting picked on is nothing new but he is obviously fed up with it.
we wrestle and play fight all the time and i have always told him if you handle kids witht he same power you fight me with they wont mess with you for long.

especially in the last 6 months i have went from being able to flick him off of me with no effort at all to really have to apply some technique and strenght to get him off of me lol.

12/18/2014 9:14am Edited Date/Time 12/18/2014 9:15am
update update update

MR VP
called to inform me he has my statement and now has 10 school days to complete his investigation and with he holiday break that gives him until jan 15.

then he couldnt find the words to explain how he felt about my last paragraph and asked why i wrote/felt that way.

i said i still have the email where you said it.

he shut up and said ok well i will call you when i am done. and now that this is open your son needs to tell me immediatly if anything happens.

TDeath21
12/18/2014 9:30am
Teaching runs in the family, and I myself am going to be a teacher once college is completed. I work with kids both during the school year and in the summer. If I were the assistant principal, no way would your son be at fault or be in trouble at all. I would get the other student's stories and determine what to do. Some principals are awesome and others love to be dicks in a position of power. However, bus stops are a huge grey area. The school really has no authority there. If it is my kid, I tell them to ALWAYS fight back.
APLMAN99
12/18/2014 12:23pm
i play a very very active role in my sons life. Hell all moto dads go above and beyond. because he does race MX he has...
i play a very very active role in my sons life. Hell all moto dads go above and beyond. because he does race MX he has social media accounts. i do look through them almost nightly as well as his phone. i may even go a little overboard and sometimes take off work early to for lack of better term "spy" on him. i will hide in bushes, under cars on roofs etc to observe him and his actions. that way i know for myself hes not being an ass hat. is he 100% angel no but he at about 99.9% which is pretty good considering how rotten i was lol.
Wow, that's disturbing for sure.

If you are having to hide in bushes to spy on your child's behavior, something tells me that there's a whole bunch of this "story" that's being left out.....
12/18/2014 1:51pm
i play a very very active role in my sons life. Hell all moto dads go above and beyond. because he does race MX he has...
APLMAN99 wrote:
Wow, that's disturbing for sure. If you are having to hide in bushes to spy on your child's behavior, something tells me that there's a whole...
Wow, that's disturbing for sure.

If you are having to hide in bushes to spy on your child's behavior, something tells me that there's a whole bunch of this "story" that's being left out.....
there is not more to the story other than maybe i am over protective. i know for a fact how my son conducts himself when he thinks im not around. i dont "have " to do it, i choose to do it and i have never caught him doing wrong.

trust me i even know more about my friends and neighborsids kids than they do. when they come over ranting about some shit thier kid did im like uhhh not suprised have you seen the stuff he post on his instagram etc etc.....

It took me for ever to feel comfortable letting him play outside when he was younger. I would get of work bust out the folding chair in the drive way and just watch him play out side. i got to know ever kid on the street. who was good who was bad who lied etc etc.. after what must have been a year of observation i felt comfortable letting go out side on his own for short periods of time.

oddly i was the only parent that ever bothered to sit outside and observe.

obviuously hes a little older now but again i do what i do so i know how he acts when im not around.

Mini Elsinore
12/18/2014 2:09pm
You have a vested interest in "educating" your kid-----the school system has a vested interest in "programming" your kid.
What is the school district's position on the 1st Amendment? Compare to yours.
What is the school district's position on the 2nd Amendment? Compare to yours.
What is the school district's position on religion? Compare to yours.

It's your kid-----raise them as YOU see fit. BTW, going against the grain is never easy.
Good luck and charge on!
Titan1
12/18/2014 2:15pm
Most school administrators, administrate from the perspective of being "P.C.", and avoiding law suits at all cost...rather than from the perspective of what is best for the kids. And that's the problem here.

Post a reply to: angry dad vs school

The Latest