Your gym routines

flymoto
Edited Date/Time 5/18/2018 9:45pm
Hey guys, so current Iam at the gym around 4 times per week my workout looks something like this:

Monday: squats 5x8, and 4 other bicep exercises all 3 sets by 8-12

Also 45 mins cardio usually later on in the day

Wednesday: bench press 4x8. After tjay 4 other tricep and chest exercises all 3x8-12

45 mins cardio again later on

Friday: deadlift 5x8 then 4 other back extercises all 3-8-12

Sunday ride day every other week if I’m lucky

I have been doing this for a month or 2 before this I was doing StrongLifts 5x5

What’s everyone else looks like? I’m not sure mine is really suited for moto but I quite enjoy it and although I don’t want to get massive I want to gain a little size as I was fairly skinny. Look forward to seeing what you guys do!
|
greenmx5
5/14/2018 4:56am
I like to change up my routine a lot. Basically I do Day 1 - chest/triceps, bench, reverse grip bench, flys, some other accessory lifts and a 20 minute HIIT on the treadmill at the end. Day 2 - legs, squats, lunges, and core work and finish with 20 minute low intensity rowing at the end. Day 3- I like to do at 45 minute session of biking or running. Day 4 - back and shoulders, bent over rows, wide pull ups, military press, incline bench and a few others with 20 minute HIIT on the treadmill at the end. Day 5 - I set aside a day for deadlifts, front squats, and power cleans. I love this day because it feels almost like cardio doing power cleans and deadlifts. After a few weeks of this I'll just basically flip the order of when I do these days. Day 1 will be 5, Day 2 will be 4, and Day 3 will be in the middle again. Day 1 is usually always Monday, beginning of the week. The weekends are usually cardio. Long runs, long bike rides, or whatever I feel like doing. Most weekends I'll do 150-200 pushups (sets of 25 with about 30-45 second breaks). I'll take either Saturday or Sunday as a rest day. I probably don't give myself enough rest sometimes, I just always like to be moving.

As far as rep range, it's like a 4-5 week cycle. First week I'll do 5 sets of each exercise in the 10-12 rep range. The next week 3 or 4 sets in the 8-12 range. Next week 5x5s. Next week 3x3's really heavy. Then an all light week just to reset with about 3 sets of each exercise around 8 reps. Sometimes I skip the light week if I'm feeling good.

I'm' not sure if this is "right", but it's what I like and it keeps me in shape. I'm not a heavy guy (about 5'11" 175,180). At one point I was 215 because I was trying to bulk, but it got to the point where eating and lifting was a chore and all the fun was gone since I'm a hard gainer naturally.

If you want to gain some size, only do cardio once or twice a week no longer than 30 minutes. Most important part is diet. Consume more calories than you're burning and I always aim for a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. No added sugars. All that good stuff.
JRT812
5/14/2018 5:44am
Usually do a light jog to the front door to pay the pizza man on Friday
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
5/14/2018 6:23am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2018 6:23am
My cardio consist of riding my bike back and forth to the mailbox and carrying laundry up the stairs..

Weight lifting- picking up my 2 year old twins 200x a day.
flymoto
5/14/2018 6:46am
greenmx5 wrote:
I like to change up my routine a lot. Basically I do Day 1 - chest/triceps, bench, reverse grip bench, flys, some other accessory lifts and...
I like to change up my routine a lot. Basically I do Day 1 - chest/triceps, bench, reverse grip bench, flys, some other accessory lifts and a 20 minute HIIT on the treadmill at the end. Day 2 - legs, squats, lunges, and core work and finish with 20 minute low intensity rowing at the end. Day 3- I like to do at 45 minute session of biking or running. Day 4 - back and shoulders, bent over rows, wide pull ups, military press, incline bench and a few others with 20 minute HIIT on the treadmill at the end. Day 5 - I set aside a day for deadlifts, front squats, and power cleans. I love this day because it feels almost like cardio doing power cleans and deadlifts. After a few weeks of this I'll just basically flip the order of when I do these days. Day 1 will be 5, Day 2 will be 4, and Day 3 will be in the middle again. Day 1 is usually always Monday, beginning of the week. The weekends are usually cardio. Long runs, long bike rides, or whatever I feel like doing. Most weekends I'll do 150-200 pushups (sets of 25 with about 30-45 second breaks). I'll take either Saturday or Sunday as a rest day. I probably don't give myself enough rest sometimes, I just always like to be moving.

As far as rep range, it's like a 4-5 week cycle. First week I'll do 5 sets of each exercise in the 10-12 rep range. The next week 3 or 4 sets in the 8-12 range. Next week 5x5s. Next week 3x3's really heavy. Then an all light week just to reset with about 3 sets of each exercise around 8 reps. Sometimes I skip the light week if I'm feeling good.

I'm' not sure if this is "right", but it's what I like and it keeps me in shape. I'm not a heavy guy (about 5'11" 175,180). At one point I was 215 because I was trying to bulk, but it got to the point where eating and lifting was a chore and all the fun was gone since I'm a hard gainer naturally.

If you want to gain some size, only do cardio once or twice a week no longer than 30 minutes. Most important part is diet. Consume more calories than you're burning and I always aim for a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. No added sugars. All that good stuff.
That’s interesting. I think I’ll probably try and mix up my rep range like you and add some variety into it. Although 8-12 reps is usually done for size and I guess I should be training for endurance for Mx. There’s so many varying opinions I would say out there, some people say train strength for Mx, other endurance so I’m just going somewhere in the middle. I was kind of getting to a plateau in the 5x5 and it was becoming boring so I decided to change it up a little. i do enjoy lifting my weights compared to cardio especially compound lifts like deadlift etc, also 5x5 was annoying because of the long rest periods

The Shop

borg
5/14/2018 7:15am
Went to a gym about 30 years ago as a guest. All the walls were mirrors. Biggest concentration of preening peacocks I have ever seen. It made me ill. I had a friend who was a member. I borrowed his car one day and noticed that the first time I looked into the rear view mirror, it was aimed right at my face. Not saying that everybody who goes there is like that but it sure does attract them.
AJ565
5/14/2018 11:40am
I run a 24 week 3 phase program a personal trainer wrote for me. I add 15 min fast pace of rowing normally 4 days a week and try and do a 30 min row day in there somewhere. I can post it up later if you want, I just don't have time right now for all that typing.

I need to add more heavy dead lifts and pull ups in to get my grip strength in check. I finally figured out I don't have an arm pump issue, I have a grip strength endurance issue that that would solve.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
5/14/2018 12:28pm
I usually walk past a gym as fast as I can or on the opposite side of the street if at all possible, but that's just me and I am hard core.
flymoto
5/14/2018 2:18pm
AJ565 wrote:
I run a 24 week 3 phase program a personal trainer wrote for me. I add 15 min fast pace of rowing normally 4 days a...
I run a 24 week 3 phase program a personal trainer wrote for me. I add 15 min fast pace of rowing normally 4 days a week and try and do a 30 min row day in there somewhere. I can post it up later if you want, I just don't have time right now for all that typing.

I need to add more heavy dead lifts and pull ups in to get my grip strength in check. I finally figured out I don't have an arm pump issue, I have a grip strength endurance issue that that would solve.
That would be cool if you can. Always interested to see how other people are training and see other ways I could improve! I see a lot of Mx guys are using the rowers, and also ski erg but don’t have access to one of them
agn5009
5/15/2018 4:23am
borg wrote:
Went to a gym about 30 years ago as a guest. All the walls were mirrors. Biggest concentration of preening peacocks I have ever seen. It...
Went to a gym about 30 years ago as a guest. All the walls were mirrors. Biggest concentration of preening peacocks I have ever seen. It made me ill. I had a friend who was a member. I borrowed his car one day and noticed that the first time I looked into the rear view mirror, it was aimed right at my face. Not saying that everybody who goes there is like that but it sure does attract them.
Nothing wrong with thinking you look good. Especially if you do look good.
AJ565
5/18/2018 6:39am
Sorry, I forgot about this post. I add the rowing in everyday and recently started doing the stair climber as well along with rowing.

71Fish
5/18/2018 9:45pm
JRT812 wrote:
Usually do a light jog to the front door to pay the pizza man on Friday
All that cardio will erase your gains bro.

Post a reply to: Your gym routines

The Latest