Your gym routines

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2018 3:31 AM

Hey guys, so current Iam at the gym around 4 times per week my workout looks something like this:

Monday: squats 5x8, and 4 other bicep exercises all 3 sets by 8-12

Also 45 mins cardio usually later on in the day

Wednesday: bench press 4x8. After tjay 4 other tricep and chest exercises all 3x8-12

45 mins cardio again later on

Friday: deadlift 5x8 then 4 other back extercises all 3-8-12

Sunday ride day every other week if I’m lucky

I have been doing this for a month or 2 before this I was doing StrongLifts 5x5

What’s everyone else looks like? I’m not sure mine is really suited for moto but I quite enjoy it and although I don’t want to get massive I want to gain a little size as I was fairly skinny. Look forward to seeing what you guys do!

|

5/14/2018 4:56 AM

I like to change up my routine a lot. Basically I do Day 1 - chest/triceps, bench, reverse grip bench, flys, some other accessory lifts and a 20 minute HIIT on the treadmill at the end. Day 2 - legs, squats, lunges, and core work and finish with 20 minute low intensity rowing at the end. Day 3- I like to do at 45 minute session of biking or running. Day 4 - back and shoulders, bent over rows, wide pull ups, military press, incline bench and a few others with 20 minute HIIT on the treadmill at the end. Day 5 - I set aside a day for deadlifts, front squats, and power cleans. I love this day because it feels almost like cardio doing power cleans and deadlifts. After a few weeks of this I'll just basically flip the order of when I do these days. Day 1 will be 5, Day 2 will be 4, and Day 3 will be in the middle again. Day 1 is usually always Monday, beginning of the week. The weekends are usually cardio. Long runs, long bike rides, or whatever I feel like doing. Most weekends I'll do 150-200 pushups (sets of 25 with about 30-45 second breaks). I'll take either Saturday or Sunday as a rest day. I probably don't give myself enough rest sometimes, I just always like to be moving.

As far as rep range, it's like a 4-5 week cycle. First week I'll do 5 sets of each exercise in the 10-12 rep range. The next week 3 or 4 sets in the 8-12 range. Next week 5x5s. Next week 3x3's really heavy. Then an all light week just to reset with about 3 sets of each exercise around 8 reps. Sometimes I skip the light week if I'm feeling good.

I'm' not sure if this is "right", but it's what I like and it keeps me in shape. I'm not a heavy guy (about 5'11" 175,180). At one point I was 215 because I was trying to bulk, but it got to the point where eating and lifting was a chore and all the fun was gone since I'm a hard gainer naturally.

If you want to gain some size, only do cardio once or twice a week no longer than 30 minutes. Most important part is diet. Consume more calories than you're burning and I always aim for a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. No added sugars. All that good stuff.

|

5/14/2018 5:44 AM

Usually do a light jog to the front door to pay the pizza man on Friday

|

5/14/2018 6:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2018 6:23 AM

My cardio consist of riding my bike back and forth to the mailbox and carrying laundry up the stairs..

Weight lifting- picking up my 2 year old twins 200x a day.

|

5/14/2018 6:46 AM

greenmx5 wrote:

I like to change up my routine a lot. Basically I do Day 1 - chest/triceps, bench, reverse grip bench, flys, some other ...more

That’s interesting. I think I’ll probably try and mix up my rep range like you and add some variety into it. Although 8-12 reps is usually done for size and I guess I should be training for endurance for Mx. There’s so many varying opinions I would say out there, some people say train strength for Mx, other endurance so I’m just going somewhere in the middle. I was kind of getting to a plateau in the 5x5 and it was becoming boring so I decided to change it up a little. i do enjoy lifting my weights compared to cardio especially compound lifts like deadlift etc, also 5x5 was annoying because of the long rest periods

|

5/14/2018 7:15 AM

Went to a gym about 30 years ago as a guest. All the walls were mirrors. Biggest concentration of preening peacocks I have ever seen. It made me ill. I had a friend who was a member. I borrowed his car one day and noticed that the first time I looked into the rear view mirror, it was aimed right at my face. Not saying that everybody who goes there is like that but it sure does attract them.

|

5/14/2018 11:40 AM

I run a 24 week 3 phase program a personal trainer wrote for me. I add 15 min fast pace of rowing normally 4 days a week and try and do a 30 min row day in there somewhere. I can post it up later if you want, I just don't have time right now for all that typing.

I need to add more heavy dead lifts and pull ups in to get my grip strength in check. I finally figured out I don't have an arm pump issue, I have a grip strength endurance issue that that would solve.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

5/14/2018 12:28 PM

I usually walk past a gym as fast as I can or on the opposite side of the street if at all possible, but that's just me and I am hard core.

|

Ed Johnson

5/14/2018 2:18 PM

AJ565 wrote:

I run a 24 week 3 phase program a personal trainer wrote for me. I add 15 min fast pace of rowing normally 4 days a week and ...more

That would be cool if you can. Always interested to see how other people are training and see other ways I could improve! I see a lot of Mx guys are using the rowers, and also ski erg but don’t have access to one of them

|

5/15/2018 4:23 AM

borg wrote:

Went to a gym about 30 years ago as a guest. All the walls were mirrors. Biggest concentration of preening peacocks I have ...more

Nothing wrong with thinking you look good. Especially if you do look good.

|

5/18/2018 6:39 AM

Sorry, I forgot about this post. I add the rowing in everyday and recently started doing the stair climber as well along with rowing.

Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo Photo
Photo
Photo Photo

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

5/18/2018 9:45 PM

JRT812 wrote:

Usually do a light jog to the front door to pay the pizza man on Friday

All that cardio will erase your gains bro.

|

No Signature.