Your ghost story

level
Edited Date/Time 6/8/2018 8:45am
I have been fascinated as most people about the existence of ghosts and if there is then why would they even be here ? That’s scary in itself that they may or may not be trapped rather than going to an afterlife and why would some be able to show themselves and not others since there have been trillions of people that have died since the beginning of time.

Which leads to my question. Has anyone experienced a ghost or a loved one passing that has communicated with you in some way that you know for sure as much as you can it wasn’t in your head or a logical explanation for it.

I would love to hear your personal stories.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
6/5/2018 12:29am
Probably should have started with your own experiences/stories. Have you ever seen or experienced anything?

I have seen and experienced good and bad things ever since I was a child and so has my brother. My mom has experienced real fucked up shit that she can't explain. That said, I don't think I'll be sharing them on here for obvious reasons.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I know it wasn't all in my head.

I'm not a religious person and never have been so it really makes me question a lot of things.
MR. X
6/5/2018 3:03am
Was it Einstein that said energy could not be destroyed ,but only change forms ? We had a couple weird things happen when we moved into our current house ,the previous owners passed away in . We were watching a movie one night and my wifes boot tumbled down the stairs ,we were half way through a movie ,it wasn't like we were walking around the house . The second thing was hearing glass break downstairs one morning , i went down and looked and saw nothing ,later that day i went down for something else and noticed the noise from earlier was a shattered pyrex bowl on the shelf. Not really ghost stories so much but super weird stuff for just moving into a new house .
6/5/2018 4:32am
When I was a kid those damn "unsolved mystery" ghost stories used to scare the shit out of me....
MR. X
6/5/2018 5:30am
My wife has some good stories from here college days , her and 3 other girls shared an apartment, they all swore a ghost was gently rocking theirs beds and put them sleep ,in only happened to one girl a night. After I got done laughing hysterically, I informed her that they were all fucked by a ghost.

The Shop

JPT
6/5/2018 6:21am Edited Date/Time 6/5/2018 6:23am
Friend of mine said "I don't believe in ghosts during the daytime. At night I'm a little more flexible on the subject."

When I was a Juvenile Court Officer we coordinated with the local Job Training Agency to do groups with some of our clients, teaching them what it takes to get and hold a job, things like that. My wife was the Job Training rep and teamed with one of our people.

One night Kathy came home home with a strange story. They'd finished the group, the kids left and they were finishing up the logs. Marvin, the JCO rep walked down the hall to get something from his office. When he came back she said he was very pale and looked scared. He said "I just saw Paul, he was setting in his office". Problem is Paul had passed away about 6 months ago.

I don't believe in ghosts, per se, but when she told me that, the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. To say Paul was hard headed is an understatement. He had diabetes but viewed the doctors recommendations as challenges. He eventually went blind except for a little sliver of perifiral vision but he still tried to drive to work one day. He was very angry and determined to come back to work. When a supervisor visited him and tried to discuss medical retirement Paul blew up and threw him out of the house. His situation deteriorated and he died a few months later.

My point is, the idea that Paul was at that desk by pure force of will made perfect sense. I don't believe in ghosts, but my job often required me to go in by myself in the middle of the night to deal with some emergency or other, and after that I never walked by Paul's office.

Stuntman949
6/5/2018 7:26am
I lived alone in a house in Laguna Niguel. Between 1-4 in the morning there would be subtle but scary noises coming from the bedroom down the hall. If you walked too close to the room the noises would stop. My golden retriever would sit in the hall but would NEVER go any farther towards to room. Couldn't drag her if you tried.

Told my mom about this. She's cool but also kind of a nutcase. She told me it was a "whatever" kind of spirit. She compared it a rattlesnake. Its scary but its more afraid of me than I am of it. She told me to yell at it to go away at the top of my lungs.

Noise happened one night, I went down the hall and screamed louder than I ever have before. The noise went away and never came back. Damnit.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
6/5/2018 8:20am
When I started out on remodeling we were doing a tune up on a estate in the old Las Palmas area in Palm Springs. The extremely wealthy previous homeowner had blown his brains out in the garden.

We were there working for probably 3 months or so and maybe a dozen times or so during that job we would see/hear things closing for no reason whatsoever. Like a door that was hung straight and zero breeze, it would slowly close and finish hard enough to latch! Weird shit! Noises constantly like you thought someone was working in the other room and yet the entire crew was together. It got so bad that when the foreman would ask one of us to go to a far part of the house or attic to do something by themselves we would look at each other and say “I’m not going back there alone!”

The only visual I’ve ever had was when I was fairly young. I had just put down my first dog after having him for 14 years. My first real loss in life. A few nights afterwards I got up to take a leak and on my way I swore I saw a faint image of my dog at my feet, looking at me and communicating through his eyes and with a look that simply said “I’m okay, please don’t be sad”.
It was so strange and very real to me. It brought instant comfort to me

Anyway I’m not a ghost nut nor am I one that thinks they don’t exist. Believe what you want from your own experiences
Spydee
6/5/2018 8:28am
We’ve had a lot of activity in our house since we moved in almost 2 years ago – our house is a new-build so it wasn’t something we believed was possible at first, but then I suppose it’s all about the land the property was built on which turns out to be part of a historical battleground.

We’ve had experiences of doors slamming closed, and I don’t mean just closing but full-force slamming of the doors (when there are no windows open, no drafts) – one time the bedroom door slammed so damn hard it woke me up!

The weirdest one for me was waking up in the middle of the night and seeing a black figure hovering above me in bed. Shit me up, but I put it down to being tired and my eyes playing tricks so I just kinda swept it under the rug and thought nothing of it. But then the following night my son woke up in hysterics, came bursting into our bedroom and described the exact same black figure in the corner of his room… coincidence or not, that kinda freaked us out.

Other instances are, we hear a lot of child-like footsteps running around our sons room when we’re downstairs and we’ve had large plush toys thrown across the room (one time it was up against the door from the inside, so it would have been impossible to stage that and get out of the room with it in that position!).

My mrs and I actually saw a slice of cheese fly off a plate once as well, hit the floor and the dog ran up and ate it, haha.

Sounds crazy, but we’ve had friends come round and experience some of the paranormal activities as well, such as the footsteps and knocks, so we’re not completely crazy!
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
6/5/2018 9:35am
As a kid we lived in a old house and often seen a ghost. She would go from the main bedroom to the bathroom and kitchen. The radio station would turn, the TV channels would change. The rocking chair would rock and the arm would open on the recliner chair, sometimes when setting in the chair. The bathroom light had to stay on, if you cut it off it would be back on within the hour.

All little stuff like that until once in the middle of the night everyone woke up to what sounded like the house getting turned over. Front and back door wide open and everything in the kitchen cabinets on the floor. Cookware out the oven, fridge open and all the stuff on the floor. We moved shortly after. Several of the cutlery was stuck across the room in the wall.

Our family has told people who laugh, and I just laugh back. Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it isn't real. That old house is a rental now, new cars in the drive every few months.
borg
6/5/2018 6:52pm
How the fuck am I going to get to sleep tonight after reading all this shit? JK.
I have an oak coffee table. It's right next to where I sleep. Sometimes at night it makes a really loud pop. Usually in the winter. Wood expands and contracts with weather change. Early in the morning I hear these bumping noises in the walls. It's creepy sounding.
Anyway, I was working on the sprinkler system for the front house. I noticed his sprinkler is set for 4AM, Tuesday and Saturday. His water pipe runs under my floor. It might just be a coincidence but I only hear those noises on Tuesday and Saturday at about 4AM.

That's all I got.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
6/6/2018 12:10am
My wife will have a dream about something and the next day it, or something very similar happens. It's happened quite a bit. And a lot of times she's had a dream about someone we know but haven't had any contact with in long while, like several years, and then the next day sure as shit they just show up out of the blue. It's happened enough times that it doesn't seem like it could be coincidences, she's right so often it's freaky. One time she was taking a nap after work and said she had a dream that her Mom (who's no longer with us) told her to wake up because our "son needed her" he showed up at the door 3 minutes later with some of his teeth knocked out from skateboarding. She also says she "Senses" something in our center bedroom at 2am in the morning, it's sounds strange but LOTS of times we'll wake up, look at the clock and it's 2:00am, or 2:02 but always a couple minutes after 2, that happens to both of us quite a bit. She said one night at exactly 2am she woke up to me yelling at the ceiling saying "Fuck you I aint afraid of you get the fuck out of here", I kind of remembered it after she told me but I wouldn't have remembered it if she never said anything. My only "firsthand" experience with getting that creeped out feeling when your hair stands up and you feel kind of a rush come over you, for lack of a better word, like a shot of adrenaline, was when I was working nights as a janitor at Laguna Hills high school. Part of my run was the theater, I'd have to turn the lights out and the switches were behind the stage, I had to walk out of there in almost complete darkness and every time the hair on my neck would stand up and I'd get "Jittery" ? The weirdest story I've heard is from our future son in laws parents house. They say they have something they call "shadowman" in their house, just a dark figure (like a shadow lol) that will appear in a hallway or other parts of the house. I figured they were just fucking with me but my daughter has said she's seen it too.

As far as us being energy that moves on to who knows where or what after our physical bodies wear out ? I'm a believer 100%. What else keeps us, or anything else for that matter alive ? We're just meat and bones that function on electrical impulses, where does that energy come from ? Without energy we're just hunks of meat. Do I believe that energy can hang around here after the physical body dies ? Absolutely. I also believe there's an "energy field" that everyone can tap into on some level, maybe in their sleep or maybe it's something that can be controlled to some extent ? That's why I think my wife will dream about someone and the next day they show up, like their two energy's somehow recognized each other before the physical meeting. That's what prayers are right ?. A prayer is sending out some positive energy directed to a specific purpose, heal fast, please let me get that job or whatever. And most of the planet believes prayers work, otherwise why even do it ? The only way they can possibly work is to be able to communicate a thought to another energy (life) source through some kind of energy field that everyone can tap into. Pheew sorry got kind of carried away lol. Ghosts ? spirits etc ? Do I believe ? Yep !
6/6/2018 3:49am
When I was a young boy , those flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz lived under my bed.
peelout
6/6/2018 8:26am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2018 8:27am
i've seen/heard some weird stuff but nothing i'd call a ghost. however, my lady has some really really wild stories about her town-home she lived in for a few years before we met. there was a room that her 2 german shepherds absolutely would not go into. she couldn't drag them in there and they wouldn't even go close to the door-way. she'd be down stairs and the dogs would go to the foot of the stairs and start growling with their hackles up. she saw apparitions quite often. spooky shit. her town-home was new, but for whatever reason there was some really weird energy there.

i definitely believe in the "energy" side of things. i'm not really a "ghost" believer, but i do believe there is energy left behind. good and bad.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
6/6/2018 8:32am
peelout wrote:
i've seen/heard some weird stuff but nothing i'd call a ghost. however, my lady has some really really wild stories about her town-home she lived in...
i've seen/heard some weird stuff but nothing i'd call a ghost. however, my lady has some really really wild stories about her town-home she lived in for a few years before we met. there was a room that her 2 german shepherds absolutely would not go into. she couldn't drag them in there and they wouldn't even go close to the door-way. she'd be down stairs and the dogs would go to the foot of the stairs and start growling with their hackles up. she saw apparitions quite often. spooky shit. her town-home was new, but for whatever reason there was some really weird energy there.

i definitely believe in the "energy" side of things. i'm not really a "ghost" believer, but i do believe there is energy left behind. good and bad.
I think when this stuff goes on in newer homes it must have something to do with what is underneath. Who knows how many bodies are buried beneath those slabs! Creepy shit !
peelout
6/6/2018 8:47am
KennyT wrote:
I think when this stuff goes on in newer homes it must have something to do with what is underneath. Who knows how many bodies are...
I think when this stuff goes on in newer homes it must have something to do with what is underneath. Who knows how many bodies are buried beneath those slabs! Creepy shit !
right. and our city doesn't have the greatest history regarding the early settlers and native americans
MR. X
6/6/2018 8:57am
I keep thinking about the episode of family guy where Peter found the Indian skull in the backyard.
Rickyisms
6/6/2018 9:02am
I have a good amount after going to multiple haunted places in my town. The most recent and interesting was when I was taking a shower last week, I couldn't find my bluetooth speaker anywhere so I played my music off my phone and between the curtain, the water running, and the distance i set my phone at it wasn't very loud. I was listening to The grand tour by George Jones. I was humming along to it until I washed my face because I didn't wanna get soap in my mouth. Very faintly I heard from another part of my bathroom someone sing the lyrics.

It leads me to think it was my grandpa, He passed a little over two years ago and before he was hospitalized he decided to make his own CD (He was really into karaoke). The grand tour was on it, along with many other George Jones and like songs. I still think he comes around to visit every now and then, I've had a good amount of supernatural experiences happen to me that I will share later if I get around to it.
ocscottie
6/6/2018 4:11pm
Long story short....one of our moto buddys were in a horrific car wreck on the way to LL's back in the 80's, their motorhome was slammed into the side where to dog was sleeping under the table and killed.

The dog's spirit lived in their house and one night staying over there i heard it walking up and down the hallway and scratching at his parents door. I was fucking freaking out!!! Think i was only about 12-13 at the time and i was sleeping on the floor in his room and i ended up sliding under the bed. Marty slept like a log and didnt wake up, i was almost in tears LOL
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
6/7/2018 6:16am
May years ago, this is about a Grandpa figure to my wife.
One night asleep my wife has a very vivid dream that Gramps comes to visit her to say "good bye"
It startles her so much she wakes up and tries to sort out what just happened. She looks at the
alarm clock to see what time it is. In the morning she is still spooked by it when she tells me about it.
Later that morning Gramps's son calls her to tell her Gramps passed away that night at the time of her dream.
There's other stories from her family like that that are just too accurate to be coincidence.
Just recently my wife"s sister sent her a text out of the blue about something (I'll start another thread about it later) that
there is no way she could have known. They have this weird 6th sense thing in that family.
TM
MR. X
6/7/2018 6:52am
ToolMaker wrote:
May years ago, this is about a Grandpa figure to my wife. One night asleep my wife has a very vivid dream that Gramps comes to...
One night asleep my wife has a very vivid dream that Gramps comes to visit her to say "good bye"
It startles her so much she wakes up and tries to sort out what just happened. She looks at the
alarm clock to see what time it is. In the morning she is still spooked by it when she tells me about it.
Later that morning Gramps's son calls her to tell her Gramps passed away that night at the time of her dream.
There's other stories from her family like that that are just too accurate to be coincidence.
Just recently my wife"s sister sent her a text out of the blue about something (I'll start another thread about it later) that
there is no way she could have known. They have this weird 6th sense thing in that family.
TM
Dreams can be really bizarre, I was having a dream about people running for their life screaming when my phone rang ,it was my dad calling to turn on the news on the morning of Sept 11. I'll never forget that.
JPT
6/7/2018 8:11am
I have experienced these;

Hypnopompic hallucination: A vivid dreamlike hallucination that occurs as one is waking up.

They are very disturbing but I've also learned to realize what's going on. A couple months ago I woke up to see a blanket hovering over my bed. Scared the hell out of me until I realized what it was, reach up and it disappeared. Some of them have continued for a few seconds even after I got up. Colors, sleep paralysis, noises, feelings someone is there and various other things are common. Doesn't happen all the time but I go through periods.

I think some of the things people view as hauntings can be explained by these hallucinations.
peelout
6/7/2018 8:36am
ToolMaker wrote:
May years ago, this is about a Grandpa figure to my wife. One night asleep my wife has a very vivid dream that Gramps comes to...
TM
about 8 years ago one of my best friends and his wife were riding their motorcycle up a scenic byway (Mirror Lake Byway if you're interested, absolutely beautiful). long-story short a car coming the other way wasn't paying attention and plowed into a car waiting for them to pass and then bounced into their lane killing my friend instantly. his wife was in very severe condition and was in a coma for almost 2 months. the family was all devastated to have to tell her that her husband of 40+ years had passed. after she woke up she said that he came to her to tell her that she would be ok and that he would see her again and to be happy and live her life. she knew that he had passed before anyone had said anything to her. pretty crazy stuff.
Hman144
Fantasy
714th
6/7/2018 9:24am
My wife's iPhone charger cord came up missing last week. She said she'd left it on the kitchen counter when she went out of the house in the morning. Kids all said they didn't touch it. Wasn't there when she got home. She blames the kids, but it think it was a ghost.
rongi#401
6/7/2018 11:43pm
I have a long list of stories.

Ok so I live in an old Indian town, if you were to look at the area you'd say, oh yeah, Indians for sure had a town here. Anyways, my dad buildt the house I rent, new in 1994. I moved into the back house when I was 16, my dad was in and out of jail for a few years and alllways at some hootrat chicks house. I've seen figures pass behind me, had light flick off and when I get up it turns back on. I've even seen things move.
One day I kept hearing a ticking sound. Thought it was my cat playing with something, after about 20 minutes of tick, tick, tick I get up and go to the back bedroom, sounds coming from the closet, I turn the corner into the closet and see a piece of tin foil IN THE AIR! Fly into a poster on the wall, make THE NOISE I WAS HEARING, fall to the ground and stop...
Other things include nightmares of people standing over my bed, waking up to being strangled, my car being pet by something I can't see, things flying off my shelf, something blowing on my face when drifting asleep. I'll remember more

Great, first night back on graveyard shift in this creepy hospital....
rongi#401
6/7/2018 11:53pm
Oh yes duh. A big wierd one. Years ago I was really close friends with with girl, very pretty girl. We stopped talking for a while and one morning I had a wierd dream that I was in the back seat of a car going out of control and I was trying to grab the wheel, car crashes on a road near the beach and crashes into the water, as the car sinks the girl inside is screaming, I woke up and thought nothing of it. A few hours later my brother tells me that Julia died that morning in a head on collision, she was driving home drunk from a party, on a road that looks eerily similar to the one in my dream. I looked up the time of the accident, and it happened almost down to the minute that I woke up that morning.
Barrett57
6/8/2018 1:16am
My grandad told me one from during the second World War. I'm not sure exactly where it was, it was after the battle of Normandy but still in France to give you a bit of a time period. Him and his mate were driving his willy's jeep (He loved that bit of American engineering by the way, spoke very highly of it) back from the front line to deliver a message. The way they took back from his unit in the front line to their HQ passed through a forest. It was dusk as they followed the empty winding road when a sharp corner at the bottom of a cliff came into view.

At the bottom of the cliff was a willys jeep upside down and abandoned, it had obviously been involved in one hell of a crash. At that moment they both got the sensation they were being watched, this usually meant there was a load of Germans training their mausers on them. It had happened before where they had to drive through a hail of bullets even though they were behind the lines. But this was different, my grandad looked up and what he saw was very odd.

Stood on top of the cliff was an abnormally big hooded figure watching them, imagine something that looked like the grim reaper. It stood there completely motionless, its hood casting its face in shadow just observing, very very eerie. Needless to say they didn't stop, neither of them said a thing until they reached their destination. Both of these men were members of one of the most battle hardened divisions in the allied army, 7th Armoured 'The Desert Rats', seasoned to war and suffering by 1944 with his mate having been in it since Dunkirk, but it put the wind up both of them. The odd thing he said was that was that he spoke to another soldier who was moaning that his regiment was short of a jeep (It happened to be the one at the bottom of the cliff). It was never recovered and repaired for some unknown reason and he couldn't understand why. It sounds like it was just a person, but my grandad seemed to think it was something else.

He told me some very interesting stories from the war, including a run in with a load of American paratroopers asking for directions in the Ardennes that he was convinced were German spies, or has he put it, 'I bet it was those bloody jerries.' But that's the only story that was weird.
6/8/2018 5:39am
Not a personal story but this is my favourite and one of the most famous. Very credible imo.

Account starts @ 1:45

6/8/2018 6:01am
I try really hard to believe in ghosts, but have yet to "see" anything. I live 10 minutes from Gettysburg, PA. I ride my bike through the battlefield regularly sometimes long after closing hours when no one is there late at night. I haven't seen or even heard anything remotely weird.
6/8/2018 6:46am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2018 6:49am
Not sure but my wife and I are starting to find white feathers a lot. And a few occasions recently things in our house randomly fall to the floor. But the bizarre thing is only things with “grace” somewhere on the product or description fall. There’s a lotion name branded grace. And that thing just randomly boom hits the floor. We get up and sure enough it’s the same bottle on the floor. odd to us because we named our first daughters grace. Seems like things a child would do. Knock things over etc. and the dog will randomly get up and move and shake his head and paw at his ears from time to time. Maybe a kid pulling on the ears ?

Could all be nothing and coincidence but not entirely sure. Doesn’t happen a lot but when it does happen it all the things happen within the same few hours. Feathers, grace bottle and my dog goes goofy dead out of his sleep shaking and pawing at his ears and moving to another spot. His hair never stands up. He’s never angry or aggressive just seems more annoyed.
Rickyisms
6/8/2018 8:12am
So this happened last weekend.

In my town (Bradenton, Florida), there have been a lot of deaths with the first residents that ever lived by the beach because of the hurricanes that had hit, it was probably around 1:45 am when me and my friend decided to go to the beach in the middle of the night.

We took a long way around the city because I wanted to show her places where a lot of strange things had happened to me (Scariest one was seeing an apparition of a 10-11 year old girl in an abandoned theater house, another person saw it at the same time and we could describe every little detail perfectly about what we saw, I believe at one point she also followed me around in a way). I hadn't been back to this place in two years, and haven't had any things happen to where I believe it was the little girl in over a year. This area has a group of people I befriended that also do investigations regularly and have been lucky enough to share many experiences with them on this block, communicating with a deceased middle aged gentleman who claimed his brother was one of the founders of our city, and a man in his mid 20s who was murdered and then shoved into a large bread oven in the late 1800s.

The little girl, the founders brother, and the man who was killed have all been found within a mile of each other. Anyway, me and my friend drove through that area around 1:45-2:00 AM on a Saturday night, as I was telling her about all the things I had experienced while we were driving slowly there was a huge thud on the top of the car, if I was the punch the top of the car as hard as I could it still would be no where near as powerful as what we heard and felt, we were less than 1000 feet from where I had once had an experience with the founders brother, we got out of there kinda quick, we really don't know what that was, there were no trees anywhere near us and no signs of a hit on the top of her car from anything. The strangest part is later that night around 3 AM on the beach we heard someone yell "Mosley!". We were all alone and the moonlight let us see almost all of the area around us.

The girl I was with had a friend with the last name Mosley who took her own life a couple years ago, I can't exactly pinpoint what happened that night still.

I still have a ton of experiences that I can share but I figure i'll just get hit with the "That's BS" and stuff like that so i'll refrain.

Post a reply to: Your ghost story

The Latest