YouTube celebrities....

dirtnapper
7/8/2018 9:15pm
Can someone help me understand this?

I have 3 teenage daughters in my house and I hear names every once in a while in their conversation, and when I ask who they are it's "oh they are a Youtube star". So I decided to Google a few names and see what makes these people "celebrities".

Do you guys realize the COMPLETE dumb shit stuff these people do and film and put out there and have millions of subscribers and followers?? And they make millions of dollars doing this! Its mind boggling. I'm only 38 years old so I'm not OLD but this sort of thing stuns me. Some kid named Jake Paul lights a bunch of furniture on fire in an empty swimming pool and this makes him millions??

How do people like this get famous? Why are young people so eager to lap this stupid shit up?

I'm confused.....Dry
|
Sully
7/8/2018 9:34pm
My youngest son used to be into a channel called EvanTube, where a little kid (probably around 8 years old) reviewed toys. He had a couple million subscribers, and was pulling down a high six figure salary...AT 8! It's a crazy world we're living in.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/8/2018 11:26pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2018 11:30pm
^^^ Not a 6 figure salary. Pulls in over a million dollars a year. Yes, that's correct. Over a million dollars a year before the age of 10. Hell even before graduating college or being in the workforce for a number of years.

BTW he's 12 now.

It's Insane.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
7/9/2018 3:29am
People are fucked in the head.
7/9/2018 4:28am
Sully wrote:
My youngest son used to be into a channel called EvanTube, where a little kid (probably around 8 years old) reviewed toys. He had a couple...
My youngest son used to be into a channel called EvanTube, where a little kid (probably around 8 years old) reviewed toys. He had a couple million subscribers, and was pulling down a high six figure salary...AT 8! It's a crazy world we're living in.
That YouTube video/videos probably gets more views by a much more targeted audience than any advert that’s run on TV, especially now days with so many different channels. Don’t get much better advertising than the audience you want to buy your product actively seeking your advertisement.

The Shop

ATKpilot99
7/9/2018 6:37am
Hey if they can do it more power to them . There's a guy ....I think he goes by ninja something or other who plays that fortnite game and pulls in big bucks both from sponsors and people just donating to him.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
7/9/2018 6:57am
People are followers now and not many leaders. Dumbing down society plan is working great. For example in the pet trade a person with a lot of money and no experience can buy a ton of animals but have zero experience and becomes an instant celebrity in that industry, at animal expo's there will be a line of people wanting pics, autographs and just idolized to ridiculous levels of a random nobody who just bought his collection. Crazy.
I help finance programs that establish endangered animals back into the wild and attend a lot of these events. its incredible what people idolize.
XXVoid MainXX
7/9/2018 7:22am
I still get my daily dose of dumb from 1puglife. He doesn't have millions of subscribers though. Smile
motosmith
7/9/2018 10:06am
There is a high school kid that films himself doing homework. So the videos are him reading a book or writing on paper. He makes well into 6 figures also.
Marty1028
Fantasy
1394th
7/9/2018 10:28am
I mean but good ol Highsidedfilms and endurokex.
agn5009
7/9/2018 12:49pm
We call them dumb for doing this but are they really? I mean, they're getting popular (whether yous like it or not they are!) and making money to make videos yet people still blast them. These people make a mill plus a year then we have people who probably make $15 an hour working in a 100+ degree factory making fun of them. Yep, that makes sense.

People just amaze me. Don't make money=you're worthless. Make your own money= you're worthless!

My oldest son watches Stephen Sharer on YouTube. It's not bad actually. They do things like modify Nerf guns, ride dirt bikes, etc. They kinda cater to things young boys enjoy. I watch it with him every now and then and it's not too bad at all.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
7/9/2018 5:47pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2018 5:47pm
I still get my daily dose of dumb from 1puglife. He doesn't have millions of subscribers though. Smile
I actually started watching the big dumb ginger goof because of some videos you posted a few years ago.
Pretty much haven't missed an episode since.

And then we cheeched.Woohoo
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
7/9/2018 5:54pm
I like watching vids of people doing something constructive, building stuff, working on stuff and so on.
One guilty pleasure is watching fuggers mow lawnsLaughing
XXVoid MainXX
7/9/2018 8:00pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
I actually started watching the big dumb ginger goof because of some videos you posted a few years ago. Pretty much haven't missed an episode since...
I actually started watching the big dumb ginger goof because of some videos you posted a few years ago.
Pretty much haven't missed an episode since.

And then we cheeched.Woohoo
Nelson made a Tesla coil tonight. Smile
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
7/9/2018 9:34pm
Nelson made a Tesla coil tonight. Smile
Dirty ol' Nelson... Stovepipe!
7/10/2018 6:19am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2018 6:20am
I kinda fell into Youtube a bit after I got rid of TV. I still like it and I follow a couple of somewhat big names in the community. But the ones I follow are usually purposeful. They are usually either educational, comedy related, or just interesting.

Not to go too in depth, but the kind of "celebrities" I like on there are:

zefrank
Wheezy Waiter
The whole Crash Course channel
VSauce and its subsidiary channels
Community Channel back when she still made videos

I try not to support people just doing stupid stuff to get views. Silly and funny, sure, but not dumb in my opinion at least.
jpatz319
Fantasy
1285th
7/10/2018 6:46am
My girlfriend have definitely fallen into the YouTube hole. I have a couple go to channels but they all revolve around cars or bikes. My favorite one is Scotty Crammers channel as well as B is for build.
DoctorJD
7/10/2018 8:18am
EZZA 95B wrote:
I like watching vids of people doing something constructive, building stuff, working on stuff and so on.
I probably watch more YouTube than regular TV. Nothing crazy, though. Mostly align with my interests.

Moto
Mtb
History
Gaming
Fixing stuff

7/10/2018 9:06am
I love YouTube. It's great for instructional videos and relatively unbiased product reviews, not to mention more moto stuff than you could watch in a lifetime. I avoid the "celebrities" though. I don't get the appeal at all, but then I remember I'm an "old" and this is probably how old people have always felt about "kids today" Huh
7/10/2018 11:04am
My son told me last night, "when I grow up I want to be a YouTuber". I don't get it either, but more power to these people. If you can find a way to generate the traffic, you deserve to be paid.

Sad part of generating traffic or "likes", some youngsters equate how they feel about themselves based on the number of likes or shares they get on a social media post. This can lead to depression and put kids in a scary emotional place.
Me, I mainly stick to Tumbler, the naughty side of Tumbler. But I'm a simple man.
KMC440
7/10/2018 3:59pm
Cracks me up when every few weeks I read ...

"YouTube Star dies video taping stunt"

Happened again this last week. Morans.
dirtnapper
7/10/2018 6:02pm
Don't get me wrong guys, I fully enjoy YouTube, but I guess I've been in my own little box when it comes to what I watch on YouTube. That box mainly consists of hunting, fishing and motocross videos. And I also enjoy the odd conspiracy theory video too....Tongue

I guess I just didn't realize how much extremely dumb, brainless idiotic stuff these "YouTubers" do and the huge following they have and huge bucks they make off it, until I reseached it a bit.
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
7/10/2018 6:20pm
KMC440 wrote:
Cracks me up when every few weeks I read ... "YouTube Star dies video taping stunt" Happened again this last week. Morans.

You like to hear of people that dies? Little man you prove to be.
SEE ARE125
7/10/2018 9:17pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
If you like watching people mow lawns, watch people pressure wash driveways and houses. It’s oddly therapeutic watching all that dirt and grime come off and knowing some driveway on the other side of the country is really clean now. Laughing
Sully
7/10/2018 10:26pm
I kinda fell into Youtube a bit after I got rid of TV. I still like it and I follow a couple of somewhat big names...
I kinda fell into Youtube a bit after I got rid of TV. I still like it and I follow a couple of somewhat big names in the community. But the ones I follow are usually purposeful. They are usually either educational, comedy related, or just interesting.

Not to go too in depth, but the kind of "celebrities" I like on there are:

zefrank
Wheezy Waiter
The whole Crash Course channel
VSauce and its subsidiary channels
Community Channel back when she still made videos

I try not to support people just doing stupid stuff to get views. Silly and funny, sure, but not dumb in my opinion at least.
If you like educational, check out Mark Rober. He's a former NASA engineer who builds cool stuff, and breaks down the science behind it so that even a dummy like me can understand.
KMC440
7/10/2018 10:55pm
KMC440 wrote:
Cracks me up when every few weeks I read ... "YouTube Star dies video taping stunt" Happened again this last week. Morans.

imoto34 wrote:
You like to hear of people that dies? Little man you prove to be.
The little people are the ones that think their value is measured by "hits" on a website. I'm just fine thank you.

Post a reply to: YouTube celebrities....

The Latest