You know it's summer...

plowboy
Edited Date/Time 7/12/2022 3:47am
Wheat harvest blew out of the gate. I noticed that whatever variety they planted last fall...the stalks are shorter and the heads are smaller but it's the thickest I've ever see. Gonna be a bumper in this area of south central KS. AG report says poor farther west (not enough rain). When I drove through there it did look stressed and sparse.

Don't know if you can see it in the pic but I went to HF and got a 8x10 foot mesh tarp and stuck the mean fan in the window. It's already dropped 15 degrees in the garage. Yes, I could go in the house where it's 68 degrees but everything I do is out here. Cars, bikes, yard, garden....smokes and beer fridge. Spent a lot of my growing up years in East Texas...Longview/Mt.Pleasant area...hauling hay and pulp wood. I am that weirdo that likes sweating out the poison. No summertime blues here.
|
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
6/15/2022 2:44pm
I know it's summer when it's 106 in Phoenix, but 107 where I live. SadBlink
plowboy
6/15/2022 3:02pm
Falcon wrote:
Yeah, but when you get in the shade there...it's nice. With our humidity...it's the same no matter what.
plowboy
6/15/2022 3:11pm
Falcon wrote:
Years ago we took our experimental plane to Davis Monthan AFB. Lots of fly offs against the A-10 and vip flights. Hotter than an outlaws pistol. Some generals wife suggested that I move there. I mentioned the heat and she said they live up on the mountain (you could see it from the base). She said, "when it's 120 down here...it's only 110 up there". No thanks. I'll take Cloudcroft NM any day.

The Shop

zehn
6/15/2022 3:23pm
64 here today, 19 hours of sunlight, can't beat it. Next week it will be abnormally warm at 75 Woohoo
plowboy
6/15/2022 3:38pm
zehn wrote:
64 here today, 19 hours of sunlight, can't beat it. Next week it will be abnormally warm at 75 Woohoo
Alaska?
plowboy
6/15/2022 3:43pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/06/15/555342/s1200_Lake_Havasu.jpg[/img]

Lmao...that's pretty funny. Years ago I had a concession trailer. We did the Clinton Oklahoma "Hot dog days" festival. They had a track laid out for weiner dogs to race. It was so fuckin' hot they couldn't put the little dogs on the pavement. I sold about $5000 dollars worth of snow cones that day. It was a bad, good day.
Chance1216
6/15/2022 4:08pm
It’s an odd year here in Washington. Still raining in the middle of June. I’m getting antsy since I only have a couple more weeks till salmon season kicks off July 1st
plowboy
6/15/2022 4:15pm
Chance1216 wrote:
It’s an odd year here in Washington. Still raining in the middle of June. I’m getting antsy since I only have a couple more weeks till...
It’s an odd year here in Washington. Still raining in the middle of June. I’m getting antsy since I only have a couple more weeks till salmon season kicks off July 1st
I love catching those salmon...and eating them. Good fishing bud.
Chance1216
6/15/2022 4:30pm
Chance1216 wrote:
It’s an odd year here in Washington. Still raining in the middle of June. I’m getting antsy since I only have a couple more weeks till...
plowboy wrote:
I love catching those salmon...and eating them. Good fishing bud.
I’m just abiding my time. Tying leaders, cleaning, respooling and, greasing my reels. Prepping all my tackle since I have a little downtime from work.
plowboy
6/15/2022 4:41pm
Chance1216 wrote:
I’m just abiding my time. Tying leaders, cleaning, respooling and, greasing my reels. Prepping all my tackle since I have a little downtime from work.
When I got orders back to Oklahoma...I gave all my Penn reels away. I'm kicking myself now.
Chance1216
6/15/2022 5:18pm
That sucks. I have a Penn 850ss that I use on my surf rod. Most of my reels are Abu Garcia 6501 C3’s.

SEEMEFIRST
6/15/2022 8:29pm
I know it's summer when the dog's breath is cooler than the breeze.

We did get a cover from the Sahara the last couple of days, so we're still below a hunerd.

Freaking dust cloud from Africa. WRF?
plowboy
6/16/2022 2:09pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2022 2:13pm
If today is an indication of what this summer is gonna be like...forget it. 100 degrees...feels like 105. No relief in the shade. There's no relief anywhere around here. Cloudcroft NM sounds pretty good right now.

I could turn on the a/c in the garage but then I'd never go outside...and I got shit to do...damn it.
Jeremy A.K.
6/16/2022 2:24pm
Today and yesterday were brutal (for me) 90 both days with stupid high humidity . The plant was like working next to a blast furnace . My coveralls were soaked with sweat by 8am and stayed that way til i left. I really dislike summer.
plowboy
6/16/2022 2:38pm
Today and yesterday were brutal (for me) 90 both days with stupid high humidity . The plant was like working next to a blast furnace...
Today and yesterday were brutal (for me) 90 both days with stupid high humidity . The plant was like working next to a blast furnace . My coveralls were soaked with sweat by 8am and stayed that way til i left. I really dislike summer.
Been there buddy. I worked aircraft on the flight line forever. So hot you had to put your tools in a bucket of water just to touch 'em. Had to tow the planes onto metal plates to keep them from sinking into the asphalt.
plowboy
6/16/2022 2:45pm
plowboy wrote:
Been there buddy. I worked aircraft on the flight line forever. So hot you had to put your tools in a bucket of water just to...
Been there buddy. I worked aircraft on the flight line forever. So hot you had to put your tools in a bucket of water just to touch 'em. Had to tow the planes onto metal plates to keep them from sinking into the asphalt.
Having said that...I'll take summer over winter any day. As long as I get my lazy carcass out of bed early...I can adapt as the day heats up. Kinda like the frog in boiling water thing.
Chance1216
6/16/2022 2:50pm
It’s sunny and, raining at the same time here near Seattle.
Wtf is going on here?
Jeremy A.K.
6/16/2022 2:53pm
plowboy wrote:
Been there buddy. I worked aircraft on the flight line forever. So hot you had to put your tools in a bucket of water just to...
plowboy wrote:
Having said that...I'll take summer over winter any day. As long as I get my lazy carcass out of bed early...I can adapt as the day...
Having said that...I'll take summer over winter any day. As long as I get my lazy carcass out of bed early...I can adapt as the day heats up. Kinda like the frog in boiling water thing.
I'm just the opposite , i can go all day in the cold ,however the heat always kicks my butt.
SEEMEFIRST
6/16/2022 4:58pm
Chance1216 wrote:
It’s sunny and, raining at the same time here near Seattle.
Wtf is going on here?
Happens regularly here, we call it "Liquid Sunshine".
TeamGreen
6/16/2022 6:09pm
Today and yesterday were brutal (for me) 90 both days with stupid high humidity . The plant was like working next to a blast furnace...
plowboy wrote:
Man, you're making me remember some stuff...

The "actual" hottest I ever been as I worked on an ac? The Tonopah Test Range. I believe it was 120.

The HOTTEST and most miserable conditions I ever FELT as I worked on an ac? Diego Garcia...or a few miscellaneous locations at sea in the South Pacific usually in the hangar bay away from the fans.

And, know this: I ain't the biggest fan of "Hot-n-Sweaty"; but, for some damn reason...I've accomplished a helluva lot in those conditions...for some reason I can't even explain. Mabe it's the southern European genes...
Smile
I thought about these experiences last year as I was starting to think,"Damn! It's HOT!" at the 2021 Vegas to Reno race...
Then thought about those other places. All of a sudden, I wasn't feeling all that hot anymore!
Cheerful
I went out for my last & longest leg of the day and felt cool the whole damn time! It got up to 117 (according to my GPS/Watch).
Oh, and...we Won!
Laughing
plowboy
6/16/2022 6:36pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Man, you're making me remember some stuff... The "actual" hottest I ever been as I worked on an ac? The Tonopah Test Range. I believe it...

The "actual" hottest I ever been as I worked on an ac? The Tonopah Test Range. I believe it was 120.

The HOTTEST and most miserable conditions I ever FELT as I worked on an ac? Diego Garcia...or a few miscellaneous locations at sea in the South Pacific usually in the hangar bay away from the fans.

And, know this: I ain't the biggest fan of "Hot-n-Sweaty"; but, for some damn reason...I've accomplished a helluva lot in those conditions...for some reason I can't even explain. Mabe it's the southern European genes...
Smile
I thought about these experiences last year as I was starting to think,"Damn! It's HOT!" at the 2021 Vegas to Reno race...
Then thought about those other places. All of a sudden, I wasn't feeling all that hot anymore!
Cheerful
I went out for my last & longest leg of the day and felt cool the whole damn time! It got up to 117 (according to my GPS/Watch).
Oh, and...we Won!
Laughing
It's all a frame of mind. Ain't none of us complained when were sweatin' all over Betty Sue in the back seatWoohoo
SEEMEFIRST
6/16/2022 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2022 7:07pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Man, you're making me remember some stuff... The "actual" hottest I ever been as I worked on an ac? The Tonopah Test Range. I believe it...

Smile
Cheerful
Oh, and...we Won!
Laughing
plowboy wrote:
It's all a frame of mind. Ain't none of us complained when were sweatin' all over Betty Sue in the back seatWoohoo
Just like farting in a saddle, if you get a cool breeze across the boys, it's probably a little toasty outside.

Probably a good day to get a hot lunch by putting your Vienna sausages on the dash of the truck.

BTW, that's pronounced "Vy-een-ie" at the ranch .
plowboy
6/16/2022 7:45pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Smile
Cheerful
Oh, and...we Won!
Laughing
plowboy wrote:
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Just like farting in a saddle, if you get a cool breeze across the boys, it's probably a little toasty outside. Probably a good day to...
Just like farting in a saddle, if you get a cool breeze across the boys, it's probably a little toasty outside.

Probably a good day to get a hot lunch by putting your Vienna sausages on the dash of the truck.

BTW, that's pronounced "Vy-een-ie" at the ranch .
Have you watched "Sleeperdude" on youtube. He ends every episode with a can of vyeenyas...and RC cola.
Hoseclamp
Fantasy
617th
6/17/2022 3:10pm
You know its summer when....

The women start breaking out the Daisy Dukes!
Zycki11
6/17/2022 3:13pm
Hoseclamp wrote:
You know its summer when.... The women start breaking out the Daisy Dukes! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/06/17/555561/s1200_images_5.jpg[/img]
You know its summer when....

The women start breaking out the Daisy Dukes!
Bless them
reded301
6/17/2022 6:04pm
zehn wrote:
Average temp October-April please?
reded301
6/17/2022 6:08pm
plowboy wrote:
Thumbs down cause…fuck that.
SEEMEFIRST
6/17/2022 6:18pm
Huge high pressure dome sitting over much of the country right now, and unless we get a hurricane in the gulf, it's going nowhere fast.

Expect 100s in the area for a couple of weeks.

Post a reply to: You know it's summer...

The Latest