You guy's like chicken wings?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/3/2019 6:59 PM

I guess it isn't just for wings , as I've used it for slow roasted chicken breast's as well. But man , if you are , you guy's should try this sauce out! I'm kind of a chicken Connoisseur , and am always looking for different ways to cook it up. Anyways , I came across this Sweet Baby Rays Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce on Amazon. It looked good from all the reviews , but I couldn't find it at any local stores. Come to find out , they don't really sell it in the smaller bottles in the store's ( shorter shelf life ). So I bought a 64oz jug off Amazon to try out , and man is it good!! If you eat a lot of chicken , give it a shot.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VQKHWB8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Photo

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/4/2019 8:37 AM

I use Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ, and add Carolina Reaper, and ghost pepper powder to it. I'd try that but I don't think I'd go through 64 ounces fast enough.

|

5/4/2019 9:16 AM

BW3’s Caribbean jerk. End game.

|

GP740
Since 1987

5/4/2019 11:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2019 11:57 AM

I live on chicken and that sauce sure looks good.

Will make a note of that.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

5/4/2019 12:17 PM

Thanks, Jeffro. I’ll try some with chicken on the Green Egg. And I grow Carolina Reapers in their native soil. Photo

|

5/4/2019 12:46 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I guess it isn't just for wings , as I've used it for slow roasted chicken breast's as well. But man , if you are , you guy's ...more

w00t That stuff just hit the top of my shopping list. I already use Baby Rays Spicy bbq sauce. Thanks for the heads up.
|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

5/4/2019 1:01 PM

Using anything but a Tabasco/Red-hot based sauce for wings is blasphemy in these parts. You serve garlic parmesan wings to your buddies and you're asking to get kicked in the Jimmy.

Does look good though. SBR makes lots of good sauces.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

5/4/2019 1:12 PM

Kenny Lingus wrote:

Using anything but a Tabasco/Red-hot based sauce for wings is blasphemy in these parts. You serve garlic parmesan wings to ...more

Funny how every area has it’s preferences. Teriyaki with home grown & dried cayenne pepper flakes are the go to here. The ladies dip their’s in ranch to cool the heat.

|

5/4/2019 1:25 PM

Kenny Lingus wrote:

Using anything but a Tabasco/Red-hot based sauce for wings is blasphemy in these parts. You serve garlic parmesan wings to ...more

Hey , I totally get it! I'm a hot wings lover through and through. As long as it isn't to hot. ( My head drips off taco Bell mild sauce haha ) . But something a little different , it's pretty dang good.

I'll bake them , grill them or slow roast them. Lately I've been on this roasting bag kick. Throw some wings or breasts in a roasting bag , cook them up at 330 degrees for 50mins in a glass baking pan ( to help keep it warm for longer out of the oven ) then let them sit for about 30-40mins......then stuff your face!! I did some breast's last night , along with some steamed veggies and small baked potato.....so dang good!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

5/4/2019 1:32 PM

Hey....can you guys list any other SBR wing sauce you guys may like? Or any other brand you swear by?

|

5/4/2019 1:33 PM

Kenny Lingus wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

Hey , I totally get it! I'm a hot wings lover through and through. As long as it isn't to hot. ( My head drips off taco Bell ...more

Air fryers actually work really well. Try smoking some wings then either put them in the air fryer or deep fryer to crisp them up. Then sauce. Soooo good! I have a killer recipe for a more traditional Buffalo sauce but, you know, I'd have to kill you...

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

5/4/2019 1:36 PM

I don’t really eat meat any longer but I used to love ranch dressing on chicken. So good. I bet this sauce is killer good, too.

|

5/4/2019 1:44 PM

|

5/4/2019 2:18 PM

I’ll mix and match and stuff along the way. SBR and Moore’s medium are always on hand here. Get a little minced garlic going in a pan with some butter before stirring in either of these. Makes for some good wings.

As far as cooking them? Love them grilled on the green egg or baked for a while before tossing them in the oil to finish cooking and crisping up. There is a local fish and wing place that does lightly battered and fried wings with salt and pepper. No sauce available there so I’ll grab some of their wings on the way home from work and sauce them up myself. Good stuff!

Photo
Photo

|

5/4/2019 8:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/4/2019 8:09 PM

Here is South Africa Jimmys rules the roost. Damn good and just about every household lubes up with this sauce. Often for chicken I add in a chili sauce to crank up some heat.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

5/5/2019 9:57 AM

My local Ralphs didn't have SBR's but they had a house brand of the same name. Garlic, Parmesan wing sauce. Will try it this evening.

|

5/8/2019 9:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2019 4:24 PM

I used the Moores not long ago and thought it was really good and my wife got the garlic parm at Costco after you mentioned it and about to try them.
Edit: was not Costco but Restaurant Depot
Photo

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

5/9/2019 5:49 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! love that stuff.

And for BBQ sauce :

Photo

|

5/9/2019 1:06 PM

FLmxer wrote:

I used the Moores not long ago and thought it was really good and my wife got the garlic parm at Costco after you mentioned it ...more

Well? Was it so good that you over stuffed yourself and passed out into a comma? Haha. Hope you dug it FL. Btw , did you say that your wife found that at Costco? If that's the case , then heck ya! I don't live that far away from one of those.

|

5/9/2019 1:08 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

bradnelson wrote:

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! love that stuff.

And for BBQ sauce :

Photo

I'll be trying out some of that Caribbean jerk Georgie mentioned. Been want to try that and just never have.

|

5/9/2019 1:28 PM

I like my wings buffalo style, just mild, dab in ranch. But for grilled chicken or pulled pork there is a local sauce company called Patter Fam Sauces that makes the best sauce I've ever had, its apple BBQ.

|

5/9/2019 4:18 PM

FLmxer wrote:

I used the Moores not long ago and thought it was really good and my wife got the garlic parm at Costco after you mentioned it ...more

jeffro503 wrote:

Well? Was it so good that you over stuffed yourself and passed out into a comma? Haha. Hope you dug it FL. Btw , did you say ...more

Ha actually kind of did after I drove a few hours to visit some family and eat a bunch of seafood for lunch. Then drove back and the lovebugs were record bad. Like an inch on my truck and windshield. I drive the same route 40 some years and have never seen anything like it. So I spent a lifetime at a carwash just on front grill area and when I finished of coarse it started pouring and has been since. Lol I built a nice appetite. It was excellent and oops I want to apologize, I was wrong about Costco actually she got it at Restaurant Depot.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

5/9/2019 5:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2019 5:48 PM

If any of you ever find yourselves in southwest Michigan or northern Indiana check out a wings etc. you will not regret it.

edit: there are locations near iron man and red bud nationals

|

5/9/2019 6:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/9/2019 6:44 PM

I like face and bowel melting heat so my opinion probably isn't worth much in this thread as it relates to chicken wings. This thread kinda get sidetracked RE: store-bought BBQ sauce, my favorite of which is Bull's-Eye for the KC/TX style.

I prefer to make my own sauces if we're doing either of the Carolina types sauces. I haven't nailed a good KC/TX sauce yet which is why I keep buying Bull's-Eye

|

5/10/2019 10:20 AM

Buffalo wings: all you need is butter and Frank's hot sauce.

For barbecue wings , this is my favorite

Photo

https://quakersteak.authenticmerch.com/product/sauce-2/

|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

5/10/2019 1:51 PM

Photo

For hot wings the sauce I use is PC Louisiana hot sauce (very similar to Franks) that I add some butter, cayenne and blue cheese to. Yeah I know the blue cheese should be for dipping, but it's great right in the sauce too.
|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Empty a bag of skittles into the toilet and then flush. It's like watching a five second long nascar race.

5/10/2019 8:36 PM

Gawd dang I have a lot of recipes to try haha!

|

5/28/2019 4:07 PM

And all this time I thought they were spelled wangs !!!

|

5/28/2019 8:08 PM

Fred Meyer up here has most of the Sweet Baby Ray's sauces but I've never seen this garlic/parmesan sauce. Now I have to find some, it looks good.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

5/29/2019 1:03 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Gawd dang I have a lot of recipes to try haha!

Throw some breasts in a bag (Filet them thin!!) to marinate for a day or two with some SBR BBQ / SBR Wing Sauce/ and some blue cheese. Grill them up, seriously, the blue cheese brings out the flavor

|