|
JPT
4/23/2011 3:15pm
There's no shortage.

Demand isn't up.

Don't sound like the free market to me.
jmar
4/23/2011 3:35pm
Nothing partisan about the high gas prices. It's about power and greed.
Void Main
4/23/2011 3:37pm
I'm gonna put a steam engine in my pickup truck and burn trash for fuel.

The Shop

Void Main
4/23/2011 4:13pm
If they could make it run on beer bottles I would be in business.
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
4/23/2011 4:35pm
I blame Canada....
Sherwood
4/24/2011 7:35pm
People are willing to pay it so they'll continue to charge.
WhKnuckle
4/25/2011 6:41am
The 2008 $147/bbl WAS Bush's fault, because he and his cohorts never missed an opportunity to threaten Iran with military action, despite warnings from anyone with a brain that Iran would undoubtedly attack tanker traffic in the Strait of Hormuz if he did. There was also the knowledge that Bush would rather castrate himself than to question Israel's right to bomb Iran if America didn't do it, and of course Israel had nothing to lose by doing so. That is what created the fear factor that caused the 2008 irrational oil prices.

This time, the prices are irrational due to internal political upheaval in the Middle East that the US has no hand in whatsoever. See the difference? Well, look who I'm asking, of course you don't.
KAWboy14
4/25/2011 6:45am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2011 6:46am
WhKnuckle wrote:
The 2008 $147/bbl WAS Bush's fault, because he and his cohorts never missed an opportunity to threaten Iran with military action, despite warnings from anyone with...
The 2008 $147/bbl WAS Bush's fault, because he and his cohorts never missed an opportunity to threaten Iran with military action, despite warnings from anyone with a brain that Iran would undoubtedly attack tanker traffic in the Strait of Hormuz if he did. There was also the knowledge that Bush would rather castrate himself than to question Israel's right to bomb Iran if America didn't do it, and of course Israel had nothing to lose by doing so. That is what created the fear factor that caused the 2008 irrational oil prices.

This time, the prices are irrational due to internal political upheaval in the Middle East that the US has no hand in whatsoever. See the difference? Well, look who I'm asking, of course you don't.
no......oil prices are high because these guys wont do anything about it.

they can save the auto business. the banking business. and every other business except the average guys home from high oil and high food prices.

with a stroke of a pen obama could fix it....(for the record i said this same thing about bush) See the difference? Well, look who I'm asking, of course you don't.
WhKnuckle
4/25/2011 6:57am
WhKnuckle wrote:
The 2008 $147/bbl WAS Bush's fault, because he and his cohorts never missed an opportunity to threaten Iran with military action, despite warnings from anyone with...

KAWboy14 wrote:
no......oil prices are high because these guys wont do anything about it. they can save the auto business. the banking business. and every other business except...

they can save the auto business. the banking business. and every other business except the average guys home from high oil and high food prices.

with a stroke of a pen obama could fix it....(for the record i said this same thing about bush) See the difference? Well, look who I'm asking, of course you don't.
So you're advocating that the President of the United States should override free enterprise and artificially set gasoline prices? You might want to think about that a little while longer on pure principle. And just so you know (since you obviously slept through civics class in high school, assuming you got that far), the President doesn't write legislation, and he can't do any such thing with "the stroke of a pen". That's what's known as "unconstitutional abuse of power". Gasoline prices are the result of interstate commerce, and to set a cap on them, Congress would have to pass legislation. The President could potentially do some kind of temporary cap if the issue was a threat to national security, but Congress would have to make it a law. And for the President to show in court that such a temporary cap was necessary for national security would be a tough case to make.
4/25/2011 7:30am
WhKnuckle wrote:
So you're advocating that the President of the United States should override free enterprise and artificially set gasoline prices? You might want to think about that...
So you're advocating that the President of the United States should override free enterprise and artificially set gasoline prices? You might want to think about that a little while longer on pure principle. And just so you know (since you obviously slept through civics class in high school, assuming you got that far), the President doesn't write legislation, and he can't do any such thing with "the stroke of a pen". That's what's known as "unconstitutional abuse of power". Gasoline prices are the result of interstate commerce, and to set a cap on them, Congress would have to pass legislation. The President could potentially do some kind of temporary cap if the issue was a threat to national security, but Congress would have to make it a law. And for the President to show in court that such a temporary cap was necessary for national security would be a tough case to make.
Yawn!
jndmx
4/25/2011 7:40am
I know why gas is so high.

Check the first quarter profits for Exxon/Mobil which are being released today.
This morning NBC news talked about an estimated $10 Billion for the first 3 months of this year.........10 Billion in profit......in 3 months.
WhKnuckle
4/25/2011 7:52am
WhKnuckle wrote:
So you're advocating that the President of the United States should override free enterprise and artificially set gasoline prices? You might want to think about that...
Yawn!
Yeah, that pesky constitution is a real bore.
KAWboy14
4/26/2011 10:30am
WhKnuckle wrote:

KAWboy14 wrote:
no......oil prices are high because these guys wont do anything about it. they can save the auto business. the banking business. and every other business except...

WhKnuckle wrote:
yeah......just like he did in all the other cases!
KAWboy14
4/26/2011 10:32am
jndmx wrote:
I know why gas is so high. Check the first quarter profits for Exxon/Mobil which are being released today. This morning NBC news talked about an...
I know why gas is so high.

Check the first quarter profits for Exxon/Mobil which are being released today.
This morning NBC news talked about an estimated $10 Billion for the first 3 months of this year.........10 Billion in profit......in 3 months.
free enterprise at work according to knuckle......except it isnt free, its subsidised by the american people, given tax breaks for exploration and then given free riegn to charge what they want knowing full well that you cant go anywhere else to get what you need.

but hey knuckle calls that free enterprise.
jndmx
4/26/2011 11:17am
I can appreciate the fact that free enterprise can sometimes bite back but what you have here is a small group of companies that control a product that effects the economy at all levels.

The word collusion comes to mide when you consider that there is no shortage of supply yet prices continue to spiral higher and higher.
KAWboy14
4/26/2011 12:07pm
jndmx wrote:
I can appreciate the fact that free enterprise can sometimes bite back but what you have here is a small group of companies that control a...
I can appreciate the fact that free enterprise can sometimes bite back but what you have here is a small group of companies that control a product that effects the economy at all levels.

The word collusion comes to mide when you consider that there is no shortage of supply yet prices continue to spiral higher and higher.
yep
kcadrenalin
4/26/2011 12:56pm
Some of us cried when Obama ran for President.
A lot of us cried when he got elected.
ALL of us are crying now............
huck
4/26/2011 1:27pm
1/2 the country are idiots then
KC, don't you know... George W. Bush was the smartest man EVER! He was smart enough to take charge after the 'best president' in history...and fuck things up for decades to come!!

For those illegal loving kooks to say how "dumb" he is, they sure do give him a lot of credit!
WhKnuckle
4/26/2011 5:41pm
Well, after many years of searching, I think it's fair to say we have an all-time winner for the "Stupidest Motherfucker To Ever Post On Vital" award. You start a thread about gas, and the only thing you know about it is how to light it when it comes out of your ass.

Not one thing you posted above is even factually true.

(1) Bush ran $739 billion EVERY YEAR FOR 8 YEARS of deficit spending, which is the same thing as a stimulus. The Dem stimulus was $700b/year over TWO YEARS. Since you're slow with math, that means $350b/year. That's less than half of what Bush AVERAGED for 8 years. And it was only done because Bush left a collapsed economy behind - and that means even less tax revenue and more unemployment costs. Stimulating the economy PREVENTED even greater deficits. And also, considering that Bush left a current-year deficit of $1.2 trillion for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2001, the last thing anyone needed was to just let it get worse.
(2) The healthcare provisions phased in over a 4 year period, but some phased in immediately.
(3) He hasn't started any wars. He participated in a joint UN-supported effort to prevent Ghaddafi from slaughtering every man, woman and child in the city of Benghazi.

You really are a pathetic person. You should stick to your assinine one-sentence blurbs and leave the real thinking to people who get some practice at it.
jmar
4/26/2011 6:37pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Well, after many years of searching, I think it's fair to say we have an all-time winner for the "Stupidest Motherfucker To Ever Post On Vital"...
Well, after many years of searching, I think it's fair to say we have an all-time winner for the "Stupidest Motherfucker To Ever Post On Vital" award. You start a thread about gas, and the only thing you know about it is how to light it when it comes out of your ass.

Not one thing you posted above is even factually true.

(1) Bush ran $739 billion EVERY YEAR FOR 8 YEARS of deficit spending, which is the same thing as a stimulus. The Dem stimulus was $700b/year over TWO YEARS. Since you're slow with math, that means $350b/year. That's less than half of what Bush AVERAGED for 8 years. And it was only done because Bush left a collapsed economy behind - and that means even less tax revenue and more unemployment costs. Stimulating the economy PREVENTED even greater deficits. And also, considering that Bush left a current-year deficit of $1.2 trillion for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2001, the last thing anyone needed was to just let it get worse.
(2) The healthcare provisions phased in over a 4 year period, but some phased in immediately.
(3) He hasn't started any wars. He participated in a joint UN-supported effort to prevent Ghaddafi from slaughtering every man, woman and child in the city of Benghazi.

You really are a pathetic person. You should stick to your assinine one-sentence blurbs and leave the real thinking to people who get some practice at it.
I think this may be a little strong knuck, and a little out of character for you to be so harsh.

None of us are 100% right on this stuff.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
4/26/2011 8:45pm
All I have to say is with gas prices so high I wish Toyota would sell it's diesel hi-lux pickups in the US. I just drove a diesel Isuzu truck for the weekend. 4 cylinders and it has more torque than a V-6 gas engine for sure, and after a weekend of driving full of cargo and pretty aggressively I got around 32 mpg. It's a sweet little truck and if they sold these in the US I would be in line for one.
Scotty
4/27/2011 9:59am
You do realize when Obama took over, the national avg was just over $2.00 a gallon. And now it's what $4.00 or so? What the excuse now?
huck
4/27/2011 10:18am
when did obama take over?

Scotty
4/27/2011 10:18am
Don't let those pesky facts bother ya
huck
4/27/2011 10:23am
Old fart... you were saying?
fcr
4/27/2011 10:32am
I know it really doesn't help but I have been writing the WH about gas prices for quite awhile, I actually got a reply recently that was a standard canned deflection. Pisses me off that the public gets side tracked by the bullshit, which is what the "powers" want.
Keep them uneducated and riled up.

Post a reply to: You Know Why Gas is so high?

The Latest